Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked with SS yesterday and was told the SDCC EX's couldn't be flexed. :confused: I think the person I talked to is new. looks like I might have to be calling again early Monday morning.

I tried to flex-pay mine as well and I got an e-mail saying it couldn't be done. I'll try calling them tomm and see what's going on. If not, no big deal

Has anyone seen one of these Silly Thing versions in person yet? If so, is it a flat or glossy color? Damn, why do i have to be drawn to this version. Although the regular Mk. III seems to be the best version, I would prefer the Silly Thing version over the Mk. I version for some reason.

matte=flat

I talked with SS yesterday and was told the SDCC EX's couldn't be flexed. :confused: I think the person I talked to is new. looks like I might have to be calling again early Monday morning.

I cancelled two other SDCC non-attendee pieces and kept this. Since I've got II and III with I coming, may as well get this one too! :)

I tried to flex-pay mine as well and I got an e-mail saying it couldn't be done. I'll try calling them tomm and see what's going on. If not, no big deal

I tried that with my Luke and Han, but they said there just isn't flex pay for SDCC exclusives as they want their money before the show.

I thought it was 500. :dunno

20090625367ff6f93d8ba70.jpg

They are selling 300 pieces just for the Tokyo Toy Fair alone.

So assuming SDCC 300, Anicom 300, Tokyo 300, Silly thing 300 thats already 1200 pieces. And I'm not even counting those select shops like surrender, collette etc.

There HAS to be different versions of these coming. I mean SS sold these for $189.99....Silly Thing website has them listed at over $1200....eBay auctions from sellers in the HK have them for around $300....what gives? I believe there has to be variations such as stands or packaging to differentiate them. The pics @ SS have Ironman printed on the stand and the stands from Silly Thing have their logo. It seems unbelievable to have a $1000 difference in price for such minor details as stands or packaging. They're out now so I guess we'll know soon.

20090625367ff6f93d8ba70.jpg

They are selling 300 pieces just for the Tokyo Toy Fair alone.

So assuming SDCC 300, Anicom 300, Tokyo 300, Silly thing 300 thats already 1200 pieces. And I'm not even counting those select shops like surrender, collette etc.

Is that Ape an exclusive of some kind?

Is that Ape an exclusive of some kind?

Thats the Gorilla Captain Figure. It's supposed to be more limited than the other damn dirty apes Hot Toys is releasing......

I'm picking up all 3 Apes.

As far as the Gunmetal IM figure...it won't ship until the 17th, according to the SS rep I spoke to.

Last edited:
I tried that with my Luke and Han, but they said there just isn't flex pay for SDCC exclusives as they want their money before the show.

Looks like Indiana Fett might have been the exception on the Flex-pay route.

Guess I may have got in on the Flex-Pay JUST in the nick of time, because they will have all my $$$ in time for SDCC as I flexed the payments for June 20 and July 20, so my first installment is already in...

Back