Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foam looks better packaging I thought. Looks more protected.

Agreed...the foam does look better and I like the Black embossed cover too....looking forward to getting this sometime after the 18th of July.

I thought Silly Things was a clothing store? :lol Confusion all over the place....

I punched "Silly Thing" in google search and record company came up stating......

"Despite its relative small size, Silly Thing is known for its closeknit family relationship the artists have with each other, which is rare compared to the large Hong Kong record companies such as EEG, Sony BMG, Universal, Warner and EMI/Gold Label. The company publishes 3 fashion magazines, Milk (Weekly), Milk X (Monthly), Milk China (Monthly) and Tea (Weekly).

This Exclusive is a great way to get the name out there......

Last edited:
Silly Thing is multi concept 'life style' brand. Just like the japanese label, 'bathing ape' which inspired these hongkies in the first place.

What they do quite often are collaboration with other companies and launch a special limited production of item. The quite common ones for example would be silly thing X air force collab, or silly thing X eastpak collab and so on.

They do occasionally spread their branches to other field as well. Like record companies, etc. Hell, bathing ape even have a saloon and cafe now. I've bought a few milk magazine issues whenever I visit HK, its a pretty informative magazine on what's new, what's the 'it' item of the moment, and store location as well.

If I'm not mistaken, Juno is also part of the silly thing group (who oddly enough wear mostly bapes and mastermind japan gear; not silly thing) and also Wyman as a contributor.

Shipping Status for U.S./INT'L Warehouse

Coming in the Next 30 Days

Marvel: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III Gunmetal Grey 12-inch Figure (NON-ATTENDEE Edition) - #900457

:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance

Think I'll buy this and try to convert it into a stealth armor model. Where can I find this for purchase exactly?

Think I'll buy this and try to convert it into a stealth armor model. Where can I find this for purchase exactly?

Ebay is the only place for now. Then maybe the Ani-com show. These sold out in 3 minutes @ sideshow when they went up for sale...of course there were only around 30 of them available though.

After Con you'll see a few here and there even on these boards. With posts including things like "I thought I'd like it" or "I'm really not that into these anymore"...so patience will pay off. These aren't going to be as limited as once thought.

After Con you'll see a few here and there even on these boards. With posts including things like "I thought I'd like it" or "I'm really not that into these anymore"...so patience will pay off. These aren't going to be as limited as once thought.

:monkey3:monkey1

LOL someone on HK Yahoo is trying to sell a Repainted Mark 2 as the gunmetal grey one :lol:monkey5:duh

ap_20090613025503149.jpg.jpg

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.com/hk/auction/1119183023

^ All things considered, that's not a bad repaint, and the rivets actually aid the look. I can't read what's on the auction page, is he actually actually trying to pass it off as the Silly Thing version? Or does it actually remark on the fact that it is a MKII repaint?

^ All things considered, that's not a bad repaint, and the rivets actually aid the look. I can't read what's on the auction page, is he actually actually trying to pass it off as the Silly Thing version? Or does it actually remark on the fact that it is a MKII repaint?

He clearly stated that its a mk2 repaint. I didn't see any mention of the silly thing version anywhere on his auction.

Cannot be bothered to read all through the thread, but can someone explain the origin of this thing?

Is it a look from the comics or something?

Long story short.

Silly Things a business in Hong Kong which is primarily a record label but upon further research by board members and google shows that they have other holdings like clothing stores, etc like many US Record companies. They call up Hot Toys and say we want an exclusive Iron Man. Hot Toys says okay. Silly Things' owner who is really into the color Grey right now says "I want the Mark 3 to be painted Grey and weathered". Hot Toys says okay. Silly Things says "We want to sell the run in our store." Hot Toys says okay but "we want to use it as a convention exclusive as well". Silly Things says "As long as Silly Things is on the base". Hot Toys says "Okay". Sideshow says "Hey, we need a Marvel SDCC Exclusive can we have some?" Hot Toys says "Sure".

Done and done.
(DISCLAIMER: Story may have been oversimplified)

Back