Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long story short.

Silly Things a business in Hong Kong which is primarily a record label but upon further research by board members and google shows that they have other holdings like clothing stores, etc like many US Record companies. They call up Hot Toys and say we want an exclusive Iron Man. Hot Toys says okay. Silly Things' owner who is really into the color Grey right now says "I want the Mark 3 to be painted Grey and weathered". Hot Toys says okay. Silly Things says "We want to sell the run in our store." Hot Toys says okay but "we want to use it as a convention exclusive as well". Silly Things says "As long as Silly Things is on the base". Hot Toys says "Okay". Sideshow says "Hey, we need a Marvel SDCC Exclusive can we have some?" Hot Toys says "Sure".

Done and done.
(DISCLAIMER: Story may have been oversimplified)

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

As I was searching the net I came across the Gunmetal Ironman on the Think Silly website. Needless to say, I was shocked that they had this figure priced at $1260.00. :horror BTW the release date is July 4th.

doesn't seem to be much love for this version now that it's processing. :dunno

Well, I'm keeping mine. I think it'll look great with the silver MARK II flanking each side of the MARK III. I have mine on Flex and I've already made the first installment (along with the SDCC Luke and Han stormtroopers).

That's the great thing about the new SS Flex-Pay program, you can switch to flex whenever. Because these SDCC Exclusives came out of the blue, I ended up switching my Toht and Iron Man Mark II Exclusive to Flex-Pay as well.

Funny thing is, I ordered these SDCC Exclusives 2nd, but am getting them flexed and shipped first. IM Mark II and Toht will be in the next batch of Flex (August/September), so I won't have them until fall.

Mark I and Vader were ordered from retailers (Mista Joe and Alter Ego respectively), so I should get them this summer at some point as well. :rock

I'm really looking forward to getting mine, the only other one I have so far is Mark III and I plan to try a War Machine custom out of this one.

well, I'm still very excited about him. It just snuck up on me that this is almost out and I'm still waiting for my Predator EX from SSC. I'm just not sure where I'll be displaying him since the Mk I, II, & III will all be on one detolf shelf.

Well, I'm keeping mine. I think it'll look great with the silver MARK II flanking each side of the MARK III. I have mine on Flex and I've already made the first installment (along with the SDCC Luke and Han stormtroopers).

I talked with SS yesterday and was told the SDCC EX's couldn't be flexed. :confused: I think the person I talked to is new. looks like I might have to be calling again early Monday morning.

I talked with SS yesterday and was told the SDCC EX's couldn't be flexed. :confused: I think the person I talked to is new. looks like I might have to be calling again early Monday morning.

Well, I flexed mine by combining it with the order for the SDCC Exclusive Han and Luke Stormtroopers. For Han and Luke AND Gunmetal Grey IM, it was inching towards $400!

However, if you can Flex other figures that are $149.99 - $169.99, you should be able to Flex IM at $189.99 IMO. Hope it works out for ya! :duff

Daily news|art-design|SILLY THING x Marvel Studios x Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III TK EditionArticleSILLY THING x Marvel Studios x Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III TK Edition
June 29th 09, 11:02 | Anthony Coleman

For the first time Marvel Studios has authorized an original customized version of one of their beloved characters by allowing SILLY THING founder TK and Hot Toys to recreate Iron Man’s Mark III battle suit. Utilizing the previously released 1/6 Mark III model, TK recreated a battle-damaged colorway of the figure which tested the production and construction of the piece as the tailer-made paint job would not adhere to the base Mark III plastic forcing each piece of the figure to be recreated from scratch. The figure has a release date set for July 4th, 2009 and will carry a price tag of $1,280 US. Its availability will be limited to THINK SILLY HK.

An article from this site...... I guess it's not in HK currency! :horror

It's hot but nowhere near that hot......
iron-man-tk-6.jpg

More info.......

Blog / Frank Liew / TK STARK INDUSTRIES. IRONMAN MKIII.
TK STARK INDUSTRIES. IRONMAN MKIII.

img_7440.jpg

You tend to get a little desensitized to a lot of things working in this industry. I think so many things come and go in front of your eyes on a daily basis that it’s really hard to be that impressed with anything. That said, when these arrived today - the Ironman Mark III “TK” Edition, I was genuinely…. impressed.

I had listened to TK tell me about this project earlier on in the year, but seeing the end product was truly an eye opener. Everything from the packaging, to the completely mobile joints, the battle damage detailing, customisable parts, fore arm missile and jet flaps. Contrary to what most people might think, this is not a War Machine motif, rather the signature matte grey colourway of Think Silly’s founder and creative head TK. Considering this is also the first time Marvel Studios has allowed a release that deviates from the original character’s colour scheme, this entire project is truly an amazing accomplishment.

And of course, the way the arc reactor in his chest, eyes, and repulsor gauntlets light up with LEDs is just… cool.

More images on THINK SILLY, and here on hypebeast.

img_7446.jpg

We will be releasing this special Ironman Mark III “TK” edition figurine at 12:00PM at our quarters boutique space on Saturday, 4th July in line with the official release at the Think Silly boutique in Chai Wan, Hong Kong. You can contact the store on [email protected] for any enquiries. The figurine will also be available at Colette (Paris), Surrender (Singapore), Firmament (Berlin), Reed Space (New York) and Dover Street Market (London).

The Ironman Mark III “TK” figurine will also be showcased at Comic-con San Diego, the world’s biggest comic/sci-fi convention on July 25th. Gosh, I sound like Sheldon Cooper.

Congratulations TK and the Think Silly creative team.

Last edited:
An article from this site...... I guess it's not in HK currency! :horror

It's hot but nowhere near that hot......
iron-man-tk-6.jpg

More info.......

Blog / Frank Liew / TK STARK INDUSTRIES. IRONMAN MKIII.
TK STARK INDUSTRIES. IRONMAN MKIII.

img_7440.jpg

You tend to get a little desensitized to a lot of things working in this industry. I think so many things come and go in front of your eyes on a daily basis that it’s really hard to be that impressed with anything. That said, when these arrived today - the Ironman Mark III “TK” Edition, I was genuinely…. impressed.

I had listened to TK tell me about this project earlier on in the year, but seeing the end product was truly an eye opener. Everything from the packaging, to the completely mobile joints, the battle damage detailing, customisable parts, fore arm missile and jet flaps. Contrary to what most people might think, this is not a War Machine motif, rather the signature matte grey colourway of Think Silly’s founder and creative head TK. Considering this is also the first time Marvel Studios has allowed a release that deviates from the original character’s colour scheme, this entire project is truly an amazing accomplishment.

And of course, the way the arc reactor in his chest, eyes, and repulsor gauntlets light up with LEDs is just… cool.

More images on THINK SILLY, and here on hypebeast.

img_7446.jpg

We will be releasing this special Ironman Mark III “TK” edition figurine at 12:00PM at our quarters boutique space on Saturday, 4th July in line with the official release at the Think Silly boutique in Chai Wan, Hong Kong. You can contact the store on [email protected] for any enquiries. The figurine will also be available at Colette (Paris), Surrender (Singapore), Firmament (Berlin), Reed Space (New York) and Dover Street Market (London).

The Ironman Mark III “TK” figurine will also be showcased at Comic-con San Diego, the world’s biggest comic/sci-fi convention on July 25th. Gosh, I sound like Sheldon Cooper.

Congratulations TK and the Think Silly creative team.

It even has Silly Thing written on the base.
icon_smile_disapprove_jumbo.gif

Has anyone seen one of these Silly Thing versions in person yet? If so, is it a flat or glossy color? Damn, why do i have to be drawn to this version. Although the regular Mk. III seems to be the best version, I would prefer the Silly Thing version over the Mk. I version for some reason.

Last edited:
Back