1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marvel-avengers-iron-man-mark-vii-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903752-029.jpg

Favorite prototype photo. Love the battle damage.

Still debating whether to get the RE w/ free shipping or the SE along with Sideshow's $20-30 shipping. :ohbfrank:

Where can I get free shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wish there was a stand i could buy that could hold a dc IM for aerial poses. Really want to pose this guy flying with all his flaps open and armaments deployed. OH and with the bd parts on.

Sill debating whether to preorder or not. I have $240 in RP at Sideshow but I'm not a fan of diecast. Keeping with the diecast discussion, have any of you guys seen any bubbling or "paint rash" on the diecast areas of these newer figures?

When I collected 1/18 scale model cars I noticed this quite a lot, even with expensive brands like Autoart, Kyosho, and CMC. Others did not and I suspect it may have been because of the humidity here in Upstate New York. The metal was actually bubbling up beneath the paint.

Sill debating whether to preorder or not. I have $240 in RP at Sideshow but I'm not a fan of diecast. Keeping with the diecast discussion, have any of you guys seen any bubbling or "paint rash" on the diecast areas of these newer figures?

When I collected 1/18 scale model cars I noticed this quite a lot, even with expensive brands like Autoart, Kyosho, and CMC. Others did not and I suspect it may have been because of the humidity here in Upstate New York. The metal was actually bubbling up beneath the paint.

I’m fairly certain the discussion has proven there are only a few little internal parts that are diecast. The parts you touch are all painted plastic.

Nope the dc sections are nearly identical in paint to the plastic ones. You can't really tell. There really is no reason to hate on the dc line for the dc itself, though the price has weight. My patriot, mk43, mk6 and wm mk3 are very impressive, i get nothing but compliments when people look at them.

The only IM figure i know of that had any paint or color issues is the original Iron Man 2 MK6 with the pink issue. Your have nothing to worry about.

The only IM figure i know of that had any paint or color issues is the original Iron Man 2 MK6 with the pink issue. Your have nothing to worry about.

The original Iron Man MK3 for sure too. Probably a handful of others that someone can list off had the pink panties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I previously owned the original Mark VII, and while the ''panties'' never faded, the repulsor hands started turning pink.

The dreaded paint rash:

S6302551_zps8ed7dc65.jpg

I've gutted a torso and a leg, there are a couple metal structural pieces

Knee joint
KSPeiPF.jpg

Y5HHXmM.jpg

Torso, I don't remember specifically where it was mounted
fPLD9mf.jpg

People are happily paying $200 extra for that little bit extra metal pieces. I am still convinced the masses think these "diecast" figures are actually diecast based on what I see them posting.

I’m fairly certain the discussion has proven there are only a few little internal parts that are diecast. The parts you touch are all painted plastic.

People are happily paying $200 extra for that little bit extra metal pieces. I am still convinced the masses think these "diecast" figures are actually diecast based on what I see them posting.

Perhaps I’m the one who’s confused, but I’m pretty sure my diecast War Machine MKI and diecast Iron Man MKVI both have several diecast pieces on the exterior of the suits. Those guys who spoke about the metal pieces inside the suits were referencing the weight of some of the heavier plastic Iron Man figures.

Yeah, the figures labeled diecact have a few external diecast pieces. They seem to have around 30% diecast all told.

Back