1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL when people say they are out after this figure. You just know the Mark 1 is going to get the "diecast" branding to complete the set... It'll be big and beefy like War Machine, and they'll slap a $450 price tag on it, and people will buy it.

If it follows the IM1 trend it will be undersized and the 2.0 is damn near perfect as it is although the headsculpt could do with an upgrade.

Mark 1 Iron Man,in either guise,is among their very finest work.It should never be forgotten just how magnificent it was back in 2009.A mass produced figure that could easily pass for a custom.And the original "Crate" outer sleeve was just inspired.

The mark 1 is really the only other IM suit i need, it was the suit that started it all and must be bought. I will get it no matter what. I tried hunting down the 2.0 once but the price was unreasonable and once i saw the head reveal. The proto head looked so good too.

SO considering the legs come off on this, they can't be dc. So very little of this one will be dc then. Mostly just the upper arms or the upper thighs.

My thoughts on this , obvioulsy it's ex*****ive, I won't talk to much about that. I just feel it's a bit lacking in what it brings. i belive the original had more, I think a few more battle damage pieces and a more unique stand would have justified the price of this a little more. I feel that between this and Mark VI, i'd lean more towards the VI, the VI is that bit sleeker while still maintaining that bulky look but I will probably get this because i missed out on VI.

In some picks the neck looks really long and akward, I'm gonna put that down to bad posing/camera angles.

92A9BF96-4D1C-44F8-9056-16B8A64AD4FB.jpeg90B68544-16F3-4F3E-8EFE-274F9E6D8103.jpegDD350277-FDE6-401C-8E2A-0A25D5C1F510.jpeg

Engineering has nothing to due with diecast. It’s just a newer figure. They could do the same thing with plastic. Look at the 1/4 figures.

I have the mark 43 1/4 and it’s such a heavy figure. Is it entirely made of plastic?

Another question: is the mark 45 1/4 lighter than the mark 43? I had that impression when I held one.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

How about we all be glad people enjoy the die cast aspect enough to continue to purchase new Hot Toys so we can all continue to reap the benefits...

Be glad because we have to pay the diecast tax of $100 per figure?

My immediate reaction was relief that I didn't like it enough to warrant that pricetag. And then I looked at the photos more. And then I watched preview videos. And then I looked at the aftermarket prices for the VI, XLVI, and XLVII. Considering that the only Iron Man figures in my collection are the OG IV and the XLII, I ultimately pulled the trigger on this. The price is high, and far too much of it is probably devoted to the pod, which only makes sense for someone planning buy two, but I might not get another chance to grab a signature Iron Man at this price.

I have the mark 43 1/4 and it’s such a heavy figure. Is it entirely made of plastic?

Another question: is the mark 45 1/4 lighter than the mark 43? I had that impression when I held one.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

There may be some diecast on the inside. I’ve not tore one apart. But it’s a plastic figure not a diecast.

How about we all be glad people enjoy the die cast aspect enough to continue to purchase new Hot Toys so we can all continue to reap the benefits...

Be glad because we have to pay the diecast tax of $100 per figure?

I've got to say, the improvements in these suits that I appreciate most are their larger size, paint apps and articulation. None of these required diecast parts. If these same improvements were applied to all-plastic versions we likely wouldn't know the difference vs. diecast unless we picked them up. And while I would have paid a reasonable surcharge for the upgrades+inflation (maybe $50 or so), I have to agree the present diecast "tax" is excessive.

I really wish we’d stop complaining about the same thing after every diecast release. I mean, I think we’re all aware of the state of things these days, does the debate need to happen every time?

They're going to make a ton of these, not surprising BBTS still has them available.

Not sure if its the NRD that holds people back... or the sheer volume of $350-$400 Iron Man diecast figures that is being delivered and/or revealed for PO in a small window. What do we have: 5, 6, 2, 50 and now 7... all in a short period of time.

Wish for this price they’d include a Tony Stark figure to go with the pod. That would make the price more than fair.

I really wish we’d stop complaining about the same thing after every diecast release. I mean, I think we’re all aware of the state of things these days, does the debate need to happen every time?

Sorry, not complaining, just commenting. No debate necessary - we all realize that we can't turn back time and undo HT's diecast decision. And I've bought or ordered the diecast Marks III, IV, V and VI, so the extra cost hasn't deterred me from upgrading those armors. But my decision to upgrade had little/nothing to do with the diecast material, so I was questioning the "reap the benefits of diecast" phrasing. Probably just an issue of semantics anyway. :lol

Back