1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, definitely a standout figure with great articulation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with this too, but I think that Blue Steel could look really good in DC. That’d be the only one I would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this too, but I think that Blue Steel could look really good in DC. That’d be the only one I would

i doubt it would look any different unless they changed the paint. you can't really tell what parts are plastic or diecast on the diecast figures by looking at them.

agree with starboost being a great figure. that was my first hot toys iron man.

Why do people still think the paint would look and different on diecast vs plastic? Why don't people know the diecast figures are mostly plastic?

Yep, and even if they are not the paint looks the same on both. The only difference between diecast and plastic is weight. That’s it. They take paint the same. They can have the same articulation. They cost nearly identical amounts to produce, if you have the machines of both. Tooling costs about the same to make. Plastic takes detail better. The only advantage to diecast is the weight and what that brings.

118BFD3D-5205-4C31-88C9-A10827037DC4.jpeg26BDF599-83D6-4D8A-B1C5-5324AD7EAD15.jpegDC114EE1-7DB7-41E5-ACEE-9D9E55CD39BF.jpegDDCE8E88-C356-4473-8AFA-BEEE0063A11A.jpegCBE45DC4-5954-41B0-ADAE-57DF24B1754E.jpeg1E7F524E-501D-4546-BD4B-D65B8266C503.jpeg

How about we all be glad people enjoy the die cast aspect enough to continue to purchase new Hot Toys so we can all continue to reap the benefits...

People would buy it just as well if it was plastic. Diecast just adds cost because people think it adds value. Been three or four times as many plastic iron man figures sold, including hulkbuster and the 1/4s.

Knee articulation looks weird, but that's probably a double-jointed thing -- on figures with those types of joints I only use one for a more natural profile, although it sacrifices range-of-motion.

That said, I have this on pre-order and those close-up shots above make me glad of it. :rock

Knee articulation looks weird, but that's probably a double-jointed thing -- on figures with those types of joints I only use one for a more natural profile, although it sacrifices range-of-motion.

That said, I have this on pre-order and those close-up shots above make me glad of it. :rock

I think another part of the reason it looks odd is because the legs have to come apart for the pod gimmick.

I think another part of the reason it looks odd is because the legs have to come apart for the pod gimmick.

Could be. Maybe it's something they'll work out, if not I guess it's just a matter of not over-extending. Personally, I don't care about the pod at all, but I guess I appreciate the effort.

The mk7 is going to be sweet indeed when i finally get it. The 2nd best red and gold suit. I wish it came with a full sculpt though like the original one. I also wish it came with some kind of chitauri base.

Why do people still think the paint would look and different on diecast vs plastic? Why don't people know the diecast figures are mostly plastic?

Good lord I know this guys. Take it easy. I can hear your deep breathing from here. I’d just like to see updated paints. It is one of my favorite colored armors.

I just don't understand the hate for the pod. Calling it a gimmick. Personally I think it's a pretty sweet innovation that you can choose to or not to display.

its probably because there arent many people who are paying $450 to display this as a pod, but everyone's has to pay extra for the "gimmick". plus, the odd knee design is probably to accomodare the pod feature.

I just don't understand the hate for the pod. Calling it a gimmick. Personally I think it's a pretty sweet innovation that you can choose to or not to display.

Because it seems to have altered the visual design to accommodate it. Its like the "put the whole Mark 43 into Hulkbuster" gimmick, it created a huge production delay and likely a big reason the the articulation is so stunted. Its a feature that not everyone wants that makes the basic unit worse, and you have to pay for it whether you want it or not.

Also I don't even see how you are supposed to display this pod thing, unless they are working on a stand that can reliably hold a horizontal diecast suit to be shown later...

I don't hate the pod i hate that you have to use the figure to make the pod. So it's a gimmick to me because it will never get used. I would love to display both at the same time and when i 1st looked the pictures i thought you could so was I already planning a custom Tony to put under the pod to recreate the suit catching up to him.

Diecast armors just seem better engineered & weight is just one of those 3 dimensional properties that can’t be ignored when holding an item. Ordered through BBTS because the exclusive doesn’t warrant the SS tax IMO.

Back