1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They just need to make the diecast Midas CHROME like the Disney Shanghai release. I am all in if that is the case.

Both of my Midas figures are still in boxes from my move but I really remember them being more different than similar. In my opinion, the chrome version was somewhat closer to what some collectors might have expected (negative comments regarding the 1st release mostly revolved around it not being gold enough and wanting a pristine look) although it still ended up being way too blingy, even for me! While the original has the HT?s IM standard wear marks that made even their 100% plastic armors rightfully in a league of their own versus other companies? offerings, helping to sell the illusion, a ?gold? armor was never going to be easy to represent on painted plastic.

My favorite implementation of the gold chrome still is the Sneaky Retro Version and even though it lacked the ?standard wear marks?, the non chrome and non gold paints helped that to look almost like a color scheme off an armor straight out of Tony?s workshop. If (when) HT?s does release a diecast Midas, I?m hopeful it will be painted with a tertiary color scheme that?s not identical to either previous release but takes aspects from both.

Can anybody take a pic of bottom of the mark 7s feet? I think mine are flip flopped. I wanna make sure, before I contact sideshow. Thanks!

Hey guys! I just got my Mark 7 diecast yesterday but I think there's something wrong with my figure. The head that has Tony's face sculpt seems to have some problems when I put the mask on.

I've read through some of the thread and found that some other people are also having similar issues trying to get a good fit between the mask and the face sculpted helmet due to problems with the magnets, but I think my problem might be something more and was hoping someone could help me figure it out.

The forehead of the red helm does not align with the gold mask when it's fit on. Looks like the bottom tip of the forehead is dipping lower than it should. It doesn't bend when I try to put the mask on, it just over extends and goes under the mask.
gsiDpO9.jpg

GVVo2aD.jpg

f5VqQrH.jpg

Comparing the foreheads of this with the none battle damaged helmet
tko2iLX.jpg

TMi5x2z.jpg

Is this normal? Looking through photos of other people's mark 7s, I don't think mine looks intended. I'm not sure if its because I'm fitting the mask wrong or if it's a manufacturing problem.

The face helmet itself is fine, everything is in good shape nothing seems to be broken or blocking the fit.
Ivauo8T.jpg

lBWmfS4.jpg

Also just like some people the mask pops out very often.
HbF7K3Y.jpg

The normal none battle damaged version of the head seems completely fine, even with the battle damaged mask on. The masks fit perfectly and the forehead aligns with the masks just fine.
p2z5ovp.jpg

tko2iLX.jpg

ue5Z3Yw.jpg

I've been a long time fan of Hot Toys and this is the first Hot Toys figure I've bought. Overall I'm enjoying my mark 7 since there aren't any major problems elsewhere on the figure, but this particular issue is slowly starting to bother me lol. Knowing that my first Hot Toy came with problems is definitely a bummer :( Does anyone else have the same or similar issue? I haven't read the entire thread but I couldn't find any other info concerning this elsewhere. I hope someone here could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Oh and also getting a refund or a replacement is probably out of the question since I bought my figure from the duty free shop at the airport. Probably should've spend that extra money and just get it from sideshow collectables....

Beefbowl, I just took a look at my battle damaged helmet for this. I notice that if I try to put the mask on starting at the forehead, it looks the way you are describing. It works as expected if you slot the mouth end first and then the forehead snaps into place. Give that a try.

Beefbowl, I just took a look at my battle damaged helmet for this. I notice that if I try to put the mask on starting at the forehead, it looks the way you are describing. It works as expected if you slot the mouth end first and then the forehead snaps into place. Give that a try.
Thanks for the reply! I've tried what you are describing, but the problem still exists. The mask fits except for the forehead part :(
7i6kh46.jpg

Thanks for the reply! I've tried what you are describing, but the problem still exists. The mask fits except for the forehead part :(
7i6kh46.jpg

After looking at your image a bit longer, it may be just that the red protruding section over the forehead has been smashed down a bit. My copy that forehead piece comes up to meet the mask at the bottom and sits flush. I also noticed the white horizontal line where that thin red forehead section joins the thicker part (seems like it may have been bent; you know like where you bend plastic and metal back and forth). My copy is black at that location. I think if you were to pull that up a bit you should be good.

IMG-5596.jpg

IMG-5597.jpg

After looking at your image a bit longer, it may be just that the red protruding section over the forehead has been smashed down a bit. My copy that forehead piece comes up to meet the mask at the bottom and sits flush. I also noticed the white horizontal line where that thin red forehead section joins the thicker part (seems like it may have been bent; you know like where you bend plastic and metal back and forth). My copy is black at that location. I think if you were to pull that up a bit you should be good.

IMG-5596.jpg

IMG-5597.jpg

Hey supersphinxman, the forehead protrusion does appear to be bent downwards. After bending it back up a bit the mask now fits perfectly with the helmet! It even stopped the mask from popping upwards out of fit since the tip of the forehead now holds the edge of the mask down in place. Thank you so much for the help!! Fixing this really ease my mind and I?m happy with my mark 7.
I was hesitant to mess with the figure at first let alone bend anything that isn?t suppose to be bent bc I was afraid I might break something, but it?s built more sturdy than I thought. Now I?m curious to what lead to the bending in the first place. Thanks again for the help and hope you have a great day!!

Hey supersphinxman, the forehead protrusion does appear to be bent downwards. After bending it back up a bit the mask now fits perfectly with the helmet! It even stopped the mask from popping upwards out of fit since the tip of the forehead now holds the edge of the mask down in place. Thank you so much for the help!! Fixing this really ease my mind and I?m happy with my mark 7.
I was hesitant to mess with the figure at first let alone bend anything that isn?t suppose to be bent bc I was afraid I might break something, but it?s built more sturdy than I thought. Now I?m curious to what lead to the bending in the first place. Thanks again for the help and hope you have a great day!!

Cool man and glad it worked out for you.

Currently have the Mark 7 and 47. I previously had the Mark 6 and 46. Mark 7 is my favorite by Hot Toys, followed by the 47, 6, and 46

How does the Mark VII compare the Mark IV?
I know Mark 7 has the open helmet and ability to customize into the pod, although I would never pose it like that.

In terms of paint and design which one looks better? anyone can make a side-by-side?

How does the Mark VII compare the Mark IV?
I know Mark 7 has the open helmet and ability to customize into the pod, although I would never pose it like that.

In terms of paint and design which one looks better? anyone can make a side-by-side?

I don't have a side-by-side available, but regarding the comparison, first and foremost what's the representation you want? The armours did 2 very different things in very different films.

The IV gets you a full headsculpt with a decent likeness, not as good as the sculpts from the 46 and onward, but still quite good and even better with the glasses on. It has the coffee and donut if you want to display him hungover.

The paint on the IV is *very* nice but it's a candy-apple finish not really seen in the films. The VII has a rich satin finish that's much closer to what we actually see on screen.

The VII is *very* bulky and imposing, as befits an armour that takes on an alien army.

I think they're both excellent, but after waffling back and forth for months and changing my mind several times like the fickle Iron Man collector I am :lol ... I've decided my all-time favourite is the Mark VI, but more so when I display it with the full Mark IV headsculpt. Ask me again in 3 months to see if it sticks because I can't be trusted.

IMO you can't go wrong with the Hot Toys IV, V, VI, VII, XLVI, XLVII or XLVI Concept Art ... they're some of the best armours they've ever made. Personal preference takes over from there.

Amazing response! I'm now even more uncertain about which one I would like more, and now you've thrown Mark VI into the mix :lol :panic:
I like that you can swap heads between all of them, that is really brilliant design on Hot Toys part. Makes me want them all, and then go broke but will be worth it!

Amazing response! I'm now even more uncertain about which one I would like more, and now you've thrown Mark VI into the mix :lol :panic:
I like that you can swap heads between all of them, that is really brilliant design on Hot Toys part. Makes me want them all, and then go broke but will be worth it!

First, what's your favourite film in which these armours are featured?

Second...the Mark VII is still readily available at retail. You'll pay through the nose for anything out of production, and as great as these are ... I'm not sure the crazy aftermarket prices are worth paying unless you have considerable disposable income. I'd almost understand it if one or the other was a must-have grail piece, but if you're as impressed by the VII as the IV or VI or whatever...save yourself hundreds of dollars and be happy. Many people are of the opinion that the Mark VII Diecast is the best one-sixth Iron Man HT have produced, and objectively speaking they may be right, given the more screen accurate paint.

Second...the Mark VII is still readily available at retail. You'll pay through the nose for anything out of production, and as great as these are ... I'm not sure the crazy aftermarket prices are worth paying unless you have considerable disposable income. I'd almost understand it if one or the other was a must-have grail piece, but if you're as impressed by the VII as the IV or VI or whatever...save yourself hundreds of dollars and be happy. Many people are of the opinion that the Mark VII Diecast is the best one-sixth Iron Man HT have produced, and objectively speaking they may be right, given the more screen accurate paint.

Yep, availability and pricing pretty much decided it for me.

I dig that the Mark VI has the triangle arc reactor but the asking prices on ebay are just too crazy. Even used, the Mark VI is around the cost of 3 figures (and I have at least 12 on my wish list).

The Mark III, IV and VII look fairly identical to me. I would be happy with any one of them as my early Iron Man so I went for the low-hanging fruit (Mk 7). Just received it yesterday and I think it looks awesome (granted, I've got nothing to compare it to). Anyway, I'm very happy with my purchase.

THE FOLLOWING IS MOSTLY OPINION -
So, you found yourself asking others to compare Iron Man suits. (picture Captain America turning a chair and sitting down) Okay, between the IV and the VII here goes.
PROS of MK IV:
Gantry (optional)
Looks great
Full head sculpt
Donuts and glasses
Hey, it's Iron Man what else do you really need?
CONS of Mk IV:
Beautiful but incorrect color
Head sculpt needs updating
Price and availability
Not much representation through screen time (aka - it didn't do much)
PROS of Mk VII:
Price and availability
Multiple display options due to number of armor accessories
Beautiful paint app
Pod option
CONS of Mk VII:
Pod option
That one piece of the chest armor that looks weird because of previously mentioned Pod option.
Reused Terminator base (that's pure opinion but it doesn't bother me)

There really isn't a whole lot more to say about them. They're both great figures. Even the original plastic VII is still a great figure. It was the first figure with proper repulsor hands. That alone really elevated following armors. If you want one figure to represent Iron Man, it's usually down to III, IV, and VII. The III is most iconic because it was first and launched everything else. It's also a little flawed in size and articulation. (ankles) The IV is slightly less iconic but did a better job representing the suit in figure form. The VII is the visual culmination of the MCU to that point. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk. All these solo film characters came together for the first united universe film. Since Iron Man launched it all, he takes center stage over all, and I think his suit shows that. It was the first suit geared toward combat. The first suit to have a rear propulsion system freeing up his hands from stabilizing. The first suit to feature detachable armor/weapon pods. Also the first suit that didn't require assistance to put on. The VII featured a lot of firsts.
Ultimately, it comes down to what you're willing to spend, but for me, based on display options alone, the Mk VII is the winner.

I've got the Mark VII on the way. Just couldn't escape the nagging feeling that that was the one I should have bought in the first place being from the movie that really sold me on the MCU and combined with the overall high praise this figure receives.

I have the IV and I'll keep it for now, it is a cool looking suit and when I get the VII I may still want a 'slimmer build' Iron Man.

The only other one that might tempt me is the Battle Damage Endgame suit but Hot Toys might **** that one up if the clean version is anything to go by.

THE FOLLOWING IS MOSTLY OPINION -
So, you found yourself asking others to compare Iron Man suits. (picture Captain America turning a chair and sitting down) Okay, between the IV and the VII here goes.
PROS of MK IV:
Gantry (optional)
Looks great
Full head sculpt
Donuts and glasses
Hey, it's Iron Man what else do you really need?
CONS of Mk IV:
Beautiful but incorrect color
Head sculpt needs updating
Price and availability
Not much representation through screen time (aka - it didn't do much)
PROS of Mk VII:
Price and availability
Multiple display options due to number of armor accessories
Beautiful paint app
Pod option
CONS of Mk VII:
Pod option
That one piece of the chest armor that looks weird because of previously mentioned Pod option.
Reused Terminator base (that's pure opinion but it doesn't bother me)

There really isn't a whole lot more to say about them. They're both great figures. Even the original plastic VII is still a great figure. It was the first figure with proper repulsor hands. That alone really elevated following armors. If you want one figure to represent Iron Man, it's usually down to III, IV, and VII. The III is most iconic because it was first and launched everything else. It's also a little flawed in size and articulation. (ankles) The IV is slightly less iconic but did a better job representing the suit in figure form. The VII is the visual culmination of the MCU to that point. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk. All these solo film characters came together for the first united universe film. Since Iron Man launched it all, he takes center stage over all, and I think his suit shows that. It was the first suit geared toward combat. The first suit to have a rear propulsion system freeing up his hands from stabilizing. The first suit to feature detachable armor/weapon pods. Also the first suit that didn't require assistance to put on. The VII featured a lot of firsts.
Ultimately, it comes down to what you're willing to spend, but for me, based on display options alone, the Mk VII is the winner.

Very good post:clap although I’d argue that mark 5 was the first suit Tony could put on without assistance. The prices on that one are insane. Still waiting for the inevitable rerelease of that.

Back