1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know what it is, but I got mine and its just not doing it for me. Its my favorite suit but something about it just isnt right. I think its the matte paint as opposed to the metallic paint like on the 4 and 6. Im probably gonna sell mine and save up for one of those instead.

Different strokes for different folks...I actually prefer the matte finish...looks cleaner to me.

You'll want to upgrade when you see and hold one in person.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah I think I see what you mean. I received my original Avengers MkVII Yesterday and ... Even if "it's Iron Man" I was like "meh"... Remember holding the VI, XLII or XLVI, it was another level.

But for now I think it's ok... I will wait for a new release from HT or maybe the 1/4 :p

I really like the matte finish on the diecast Mark VII and the detail on the battle damaged helmet (if only they'd done this for the diecast Mark III...), but I've also been underwhelmed. I think my issue is the chest seems too big/puffy, even by IM standards, and it just throws off all the proportions.

Objectively, this is a very well done figure- I owned some variants of the original plastic Mark VII (Midas, Stealth), and in almost every way, the new release is an improvement. The Mark VII is one of my favorite suits, but I'm just not as excited by this figure as I've been with my other IM figures (all of which admittedly have their own flaws).

Finally decided to get the Mark 7 diecast. I'd say out of all the Iron Man armors, it's my favorite.

Also ordered the Hall of Armor Set of 7 from Sideshow with the free shipping. Going to finally complete all my diecast armors..... just dread having to pay double/triple for some of them but that's what I get for snoozing on them when they first released. three down four more to go.

Hot Toys Avengers Mark VII Iron Man (3) by Corrado Knight, on Flickrlickr.com/photos/95512879@N05/]Corrado Knight[/url], on Flickr

Hot Toys Avengers Mark VII Iron Man (10) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

I am glad he has a matte to satin finish. That really sets him apart from my diecast MK VI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_20200810_223605.jpg
Hi, guys
Does anybody know if the ankles r able to swivel?
I cant seem to move mine if they'r articulated
Damn, as much as i admired the design, this is by far the worst im figure i own. I have mark 43 n iron patriot, which are both have great articulation and able to do landing pose. With this guy, though, i havent been able to do a single dynamic pose, yet. Anybody got poses suggestion for this guy, other than standing like a rock? Lol

Mine definitely has some stiff ankles. I think they only pivot inward but just slightly. As much as I like this figure and the Mark 7 in general, it is quite fiddly

Imho, its fiddly as h3ll ( compared to old diecast). I thought with years of development the engineering include better articulation. Apparently not. I just feel like owning bootleg figure which has very limited articulation. Sure, the detail and finishing is awesomely done, but at the price, i just thought the articulation should improve compared to previous figures. I dont own mk 46-50, r they as stiff as mk 7?

All i see people taking pictures wuth slightly raised thigh and bent up arms, but when i pose him that way, from certain angle it sure looks like he's about to take a shait. So i avoid that notorious pose lol.

Furthermore, flight pose is absolutely no-no since the stand claw on mine hit his back flap, i'm sure its gonna leave issue in long duration.

I'm baffled to what better way to pose him, since its been 6 months he stood like a statue and i'm getting bored looking at him lol

Imho, its fiddly as h3ll ( compared to old diecast). I thought with years of development the engineering include better articulation. Apparently not. I just feel like owning bootleg figure which has very limited articulation. Sure, the detail and finishing is awesomely done, but at the price, i just thought the articulation should improve compared to previous figures. I dont own mk 46-50, r they as stiff as mk 7?

All i see people taking pictures wuth slightly raised thigh and bent up arms, but when i pose him that way, from certain angle it sure looks like he's about to take a shait. So i avoid that notorious pose lol.

Furthermore, flight pose is absolutely no-no since the stand claw on mine hit his back flap, i'm sure its gonna leave issue in long duration.

I'm baffled to what better way to pose him, since its been 6 months he stood like a statue and i'm getting bored looking at him lol

Yeah I know what you mean, you touch it once and half the pieces fall off because of the silly pod transformation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One reason I like the house party protocol armors so much is because of their pose-ability - especially with all the ones that came with flight stands. That's an issue with the diecast due to weight and the type of stands provided. Even using the flight stands for the diecast is an issue as they tend to want to lean over unless you have them just right and the legs on some of mine became loose due to the weight.

Yes, the ankles side swivel but be careful. The ankle diecast joint is not that strong to side torque. The first mk 7 diecast I bought suffered from extremely stiff ankles and when I tried to get the right ankle to side swivel the diecast joint broke! Another member had the same thing happen but that was many many posts back. I can't remember how far back. I sent it back for a refund. Purchased another from another vendor, got one with stiff joints AGAIN. I tried to make the right ankle side swivel and the same ankle broke AGAIN. I sent that back for a refund, finally got another copy from yet another vendor and this time, instead of trying to force the ankle to side swivel first, I figured I had to loosen the ball joint. I tried to loosen the ball joint by making it swivel back and forth first. That seemed to work. After that I tried to do side to side swivel and it was less stiff and didn't break. Whew.

Can finally cancel my Sideshow waitlist for the Exclusive version. Picking one up from a local collector for $350 tomorrow. Nothing wrong with it as well.

Happy to finally be getting this figure after holding out for so long.

i use silicon grease on all the rubber elbows etc & when joints are super stiff ( the leg pull down on a mk5 was immoveable ) just a drop applied with a cotton ear bud & worked a few times is just the job.

Easily their best Iron Man figure to date. Fantastic proportions all around and articulation seems great as well. Although the ankle seem to be a bit stiff. Also a huge fan of the more matte satin finish compared to the overly plastic glossy looking coat they usually do on the IM figures.

This looks like a miniature articulated 1/1 of the movie 3D model. Really well done.

If anyone knows where I can get a spare piece of the back waist armor that comes off, let me know.

50219087746_5f126f3aaa_k_d.jpg

50218431868_ec24908ce0_k_d.jpg

Last edited:
^^ Very nice pics! Agree, it's an absolutely fantastic figure of the Mark VII. My only niggle is I wish it came wth a different diorama base, but of course I can't be too bothered.

This is still my favorite hot toys Iron Man. I decided to try another pose that I found on somebody else?s YouTube video, this pose really does it for me, for now. I keep changing the poses on this figure it is nuts. 😎

Attachments

• 2B58A84C-DB58-46EF-882C-96B5A5567C36.jpg
    2B58A84C-DB58-46EF-882C-96B5A5567C36.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 185
  • A56157F8-1FBD-4E63-A66A-5E8AA41FDA2F.jpg
    A56157F8-1FBD-4E63-A66A-5E8AA41FDA2F.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 187
One reason I like the house party protocol armors so much is because of their pose-ability - especially with all the ones that came with flight stands. That's an issue with the diecast due to weight and the type of stands provided. Even using the flight stands for the diecast is an issue as they tend to want to lean over unless you have them just right and the legs on some of mine became loose due to the weight.

Agreed, its puzzling why would they include cheap & light standbase for expensive & heavy figures. All it takes is just some metal plates for weight balancing in the base (like logitech mouse) but they're just too stingy to provide one.
Its a trade off really. Put them on standbase and risk toppling over, or stand them up and risk loose thigh joints lol...

Back