1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Losing faith on the exclusive edition ever converting. I feel like it would have happened by now or if it does convert it would end up being a return. Not sure how much longer I should wait.

7 IS Iron Man to me. If I think of the MCU Stark, this is the armor I envision.

However I have a deep and abiding love for the 47 because of its uniqueness, just the same for the 5.

But if I had to narrow it down, this is the one to own.

Really? That's the BEST armor? I wasn't expecting that one.

Eeek! :horror I revoke my vote. I think the consensus would lend more towards main armors, and I hence agree with ZE_501

Subjective. IMO the diecast 4, 5, 6 and 7 along with 46 and 47 represent state of the art.

My personal favourite is the 4. Objectively the ?best? would land between 46/47 and 7.

46/47 win on proportions and portrait, whereas 7 wins on paint.

7?proportions are excellent but it loses out on length and girth of the knees and engineering of same.

It also loses out on soft BD sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the 7 is the best bang for your buck right now. Very well proportioned, multiple display options and tons of accessories, excellent waist/crotch support on the flight stand. You also get some 1/4 level detailing like the adjustable flaps on the side thighs which is a nice touch. My favorite looking piece that I own though is probably the 46 Concept Art. Love the heavy gold and classic Iron Man look. I think the 85 will become my favorite once it's released however. Old pic:

View attachment 477074

Fabulous photo!

I think the 7 is the best bang for your buck right now. Very well proportioned, multiple display options and tons of accessories, excellent waist/crotch support on the flight stand. You also get some 1/4 level detailing like the adjustable flaps on the side thighs which is a nice touch. My favorite looking piece that I own though is probably the 46 Concept Art. Love the heavy gold and classic Iron Man look. I think the 85 will become my favorite once it's released however. Old pic:

View attachment 477074

Yeah awesome! In that pic every Iron Man looks phantastic :clap

Can't wait to see that pic expanded with Mark VII.

View attachment 477074

Concept is my favorite at the moment also. Gorgeous suit.

The iconic pose.
0833c3d7561dabef9139cab03715188e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ugh sideshow charges tax now for me, this guy is 500, is the consensus that it's worth it?

I don't know if any of these are worth what we pay for them lol. Better to pay retail now, if it sells out you know people will be asking $700+ in the after market! Also I would be careful mention taxes, you open yourself up to a lot of negative responses lol

I would get it now if you want it, it's an amazing figure. This is pretty much almost sold out most places, but future HT I would consider other sellers, SSC is not worth it. I already reduced the amount of figures I'm buying, HT prices always going up, ridiculous shipping SSC costs, and tax, this hobby is too expensive now.

Ugh sideshow charges tax now for me, this guy is 500, is the consensus that it's worth it?

If you want it, yes. :lol

I own or have owned quite a few diecast at this point, and while the quality and engineering is generally superb, the price creep has got to the point where I'm not as satisfied as I could be. I bought the Mark 7; it is objectively the best HT has released yet given the more accurate paint, and will likely command stupid aftermarket prices. That said it's not my favourite release and as such I'm not stoked about the price.

If you like this Mark, get it.

If you're a big Iron Man fan, get it.

If you're not sure, get it. You almost certainly won't lose money on re-sale.

Thanks for all the responses, I'm newer to the hobby and even I've noticed price change so early. You pretty much convinced me that I need to just get it though, this is gonna hurt but also rewarding since I'm actually buying an in stock item for once!

That tax bump really does hurt. Between that and shipping it's an extra $40-60 per figure for me.

The Mk 47 re-issue killed this one for me. I like the VII a lot...but it doesn't give me anywhere near the same tingles as the Homecoming suit. And with only a finite amount of space (and money)...gotta go with what tingles the most.

Back