1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No regrets selling my Mk L to get this guy instead. This?ll be the only IM I need.

D88F3A12-49ED-405A-82D6-5E0562EF6E6F.jpeg

These comments lately are awesome, I gotta say though I don?t have a problem with people complaining about imperfections no matter how small.
When you pay top dollar for something like this you shouldn?t have to put up with faults or imperfections.
You wouldn?t if you went shopping at Walmart so why do it anywhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don?t blame them. Fffff#$k em. Returns for molecular bubbles...give me a break! It?s hard enough to run a business without your customer base full of **** obsessive ungrateful spoiled mamas boy geeks.
By the way, you will probably get the one I returned but only after I made sure to fart on and rub my junk all over it. You?re welcome.

Does that make it a Mark Farty7? Cuz that one's cheaper than the 7 and should therefore be discounted.

These comments lately are awesome, I gotta say though I don?t have a problem with people complaining about imperfections no matter how small.
When you pay top dollar for something like this you shouldn?t have to put up with faults or imperfections.
You wouldn?t if you went shopping at Walmart so why do it anywhere else?

It?s the cost

If they go up any further this company?s clientele will only be to rich Asians.

Has anyone tried to see how much those shoulder joints can be covered by the pads on the mk 7 without doing any mods? I'm seeing so many pics with them exposed, like they're not even trying to cover them up. It kinda bothers me especially when I know what a good job they did on the plastic version in that area.

Has anyone tried to see how much those shoulder joints can be covered by the pads on the mk 7 without doing any mods? I'm seeing so many pics with them exposed, like they're not even trying to cover them up. It kinda bothers me especially when I know what a good job they did on the plastic version in that area.

I asked the same question. I didn?t get any response on how to fix it. Am I opinion it also looks terrible. On mine personally the shoulder joint is so exposed you see the clear piece that attaches the shoulder pads. I cannot in any way get that to be covered up. It stinks because in the promo pics it looks nice and flush. I just re-watched avengers and it really sticks out that there?s no big red shoulder piece underneath the pads in it. I just wish I didn?t always have to look at them on mine55ED77C3-0503-466A-A1C4-9447BF64262B.jpg

The shoulder pad design almost made me want to sell the figure. It's just so exposed when posing. Sure from certain angles you can't tell but still, in my opinion there are better designs on the other armors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Would've been acceptable if they were exposed only when posed dynamically (as it is expected from any other diecast figure in such case) but the exposure is obvious even in a straight arm pose.

And the "it's for articulation purposes" argument it's not an excuse since this wasn't an issue on the plastic version (which came out several years ago) and it wasn't present in the promo pics either.

I'll be either cancelling my pre-order or selling the figure unless there's actually a way around those joints.

The clear plastic piece is exposed more than I would personally like, but I think the engineering and articulation is far better on this new die-cast version when compared to the plastic. With enough futzing, you can get the arms and shoulders to sit pretty well and the clear plastic pieces are not that noticeable at all.. . especially if you have proper lighting coming down from the top.

I just wish I didn?t always have to look at them on mine

The shoulder pad design almost made me want to sell the figure.

I'll be either cancelling my pre-order or selling the figure unless there's actually a way around those joints.

Now you all do know this figure is just an expensive toy, yes? Nothing more.

In four years there will be a better one. Be patient.

In the meantime, if any of you wish to sell your figure, I would be happy to buy your used and substandard figure for half price.

The clear plastic piece is exposed more than I would personally like, but I think the engineering and articulation is far better on this new die-cast version when compared to the plastic. With enough futzing, you can get the arms and shoulders to sit pretty well and the clear plastic pieces are not that noticeable at all.. . especially if you have proper lighting coming down from the top.

I wasn't debating which one is better because there's no contest here. The mk7 completely deserves its praise. I was just pointing out the one thing the plastic version has that could've taken this figure from amazing to flawless.

I suppose that's accurate. It seems that the word "definitive" doesn't mean much these days.

I would've had no problem waiting 4 years for the perfect mk7 but we can't take that for granted (supposedly).I also wouldn't have pre-ordered this one if they were a bit more honest with the promo pics.

I wasn't debating which one is better because there's no contest here. The mk7 completely deserves its praise. I was just pointing out the one thing the plastic version has that could've taken this figure from amazing to flawless.

Oh I was talking about the shoulder pieces specifically when mentioning the articulation and engineering on this new diecast version. Personally I had alot of bad luck with those spring-loaded shoulder armor pieces on the plastic iron man figures (and some older diecast like the 42/43). I think the route they went with for the articulation mechanisms on the newer diecast figures is alot better, as they provide alot more movement. You're also able to articulate them exactly in the position that you want when doing a dynamic pose, which helps prevent paint rub. Its just unfortunate that so much of the clear piece is exposed.. but I guess they didnt have much room to work with because the shoulder armor on the VII is shorter when compared to previous Marks, which exposes more of the shoulder's ball joint underneath. You'll notice that the shoulder armor is curvier and longer on other designs like the Mark 4/5/6 which helps cover up the internal mechanism on these figures. I think if Hot Toy's had moved that clear piece further up or made it smaller, a good amount of articulation would have been sacrificed as a tradeoff.

The reissued 43 used the older style mechanism and even had quality issues due to the inner spring putting too much pressure against their weak glue and causing the shoulder armor to pop off. I see where you are coming from however.... you feel like the older technology is superior from an aesthetic point of view, which is fine. I think if Hot Toys manufactured that specific part in solid red rather than clear though, it would have helped tremendously and less people would be complaining today. Maybe they will resolve this in the upcoming repaints / variants :rotfl

I got around to spending some time with it, and wowowow it's just :thud: :thud: :thud: The overall feel of the figure is fantastic.

It has a good amount of heft, and the bulkiness of the armor is superb. From initial photos I thought the head looked a bit sunken down into the shoulders, but in hand it's proportionate. On my figure, the shoulder armor/flaps plug in snugly however due to the pod transformation feature, it doesn't allow all the back flaps to lift up as much as I would want them to. I don't mind the weathering detail on IM figures, but it looks nicely applied on this one. I like how the faceplates are more movie accurate in that they don't have part of the red portion of the helmet on it when it's detached. I would've liked the back wrist pieces to have hinges like the Mark IV & VI, but that's a minor gripe.

I must admit, it doesn't seem as fun to 'mess' with due to the all the moveable/detachable bits. But at the same time, I friggin' love all the panels and armor that move exposing the inner mechanical detail. G'ah this figure seems to have almost as much mech detail as the 1/4 figures (I don't have the Mk III [yet])! The side thigh panels are awesome and even the inside of the outer panel is sculpted and pained too. Due to the pod gimmick, there's more detail shown on top of the torso and that's just :thud: Another minor gripe is that I wish the inner chest detail was painted a bit better.

In the meantime, if any of you wish to sell your figure, I would be happy to buy your used and substandard figure for half price.

The sacrifices you're willing to make on behalf of your fellow freaks is truly heartwarming. :lol

So I take it you're still waiting on that exclusive conversion? Why not cancel that right now and put your money toward a sure thing? :D

Iron-Scavenger.jpg

Oh I was talking about the shoulder pieces specifically when mentioning the articulation and engineering on this new diecast version. Personally I had alot of bad luck with those spring-loaded shoulder armor pieces on the plastic iron man figures (and some older diecast like the 42/43). I think the route they went with for the articulation mechanisms on the newer diecast figures is alot better, as they provide alot more movement. You're also able to articulate them exactly in the position that you want when doing a dynamic pose, which helps prevent paint rub. Its just unfortunate that so much of the clear piece is exposed.. but I guess they didnt have much room to work with because the shoulder armor on the VII is shorter when compared to previous Marks, which exposes more of the shoulder's ball joint underneath. You'll notice that the shoulder armor is curvier and longer on other designs like the Mark 4/5/6 which helps cover up the internal mechanism on these figures. I think if Hot Toy's had moved that clear piece further up or made it smaller, a good amount of articulation would have been sacrificed as a tradeoff.

The reissued 43 used the older style mechanism and even had quality issues due to the inner spring putting too much pressure against their weak glue and causing the shoulder armor to pop off. I see where you are coming from however.... you feel like the older technology is superior from an aesthetic point of view, which is fine. I think if Hot Toys manufactured that specific part in solid red rather than clear though, it would have helped tremendously and less people would be complaining today. Maybe they will resolve this in the upcoming repaints / variants :rotfl

Oh I didn't know the plastic one's shoulder pads had the spring mechanism. I'm not a fan of this gimmick as I've always felt like it could lead to paint scratches if not handled carefully. I suppose that's why the pads don't sit as flush on the diecast version. I wouldn't have minded trading off some articulation in order to have that joint covered up for cleaner museum poses but I'm also aware not everyone would prefer this.

You can't hide the clear plastic piece completely, but if you position the shoulder pads just right I don't think it's that noticeable.

DSC02526 (2).jpg

Back