1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the 50 looks absolutely gorgeous myself. Other than the leg gap (which has never really bothered me) it feels as high-quality as any of my other diecasts.

The WM4 is great too but far from perfect given the lack of lights, which are a defining part of the armor's design.

If I were to roll the dice on one of the Diecast figures currently available at retail, it would be either this or WM Mk IV (really not a fan of the 50). However, at nearly 500 quid a pop to import these things to the UK, I'm happy to wait it out for IP2 & BD 85.

I think the 50 looks absolutely gorgeous myself. Other than the leg gap (which has never really bothered me) it feels as high-quality as any of my other diecasts.

The WM4 is great too but far from perfect given the lack of lights, which are a defining part of the armor's design.

I love my MK50 also and it was one of his best fight scenes so it has to be in the collection (along with 40 other IM suits :lol). I have it posed next to Thanos and you can't see any leg gap.

Looking forward to adding this one to the collection

Saw this online, looks great.

74165653_955986804787969_8978617170804080640_o.jpg

I wondered how long it would be before people turned on the 50.

Anyway, the issue I've always had with the VII is that its so similar to the VI on the shelf. To the untrained eyes. The Mk 1 to the Mk 5 to the Mk 6 has this nice evolution... but then the 7 just looks like a bulky 6... After the 6 the next logical step in variation for me is the Mk 45 (which people seemed to have turned on as well lately) but I really like its organic styling. Then I would end the line with the Mk 85 melding the two armor styles (mechanical and organic).

So for me, an ideal evolution would be: Marks 1, 2, 5, 6, 45, 85

Looking at more in hand pics making it online the paint does seem better on this and more of a matte finish.

I can?t say I?ve turned on the mark L but compared to other armors, Especially the later models 45-47 it?s just inferior which is a shame because I love the armor. It had some of the most epic scenes. I figure my collection will end up Mk 1 when the finally do it, 6,7,50 & both 85?s with a 5 or 46 of I ever find a deal on one. I?d love to do the hall of armors but can?t get over how small 2&3 are.

I love the 7 because it is pretty much the 6 but with a massive aresenal.

Also saw some pics on FB and this appears to be the one of if not the heaviest iron man yet. 998g, the L was 798g, mk6 877g

Looking at more in hand pics making it online the paint does seem better on this and more of a matte finish.

I can?t say I?ve turned on the mark L but compared to other armors, Especially the later models 45-47 it?s just inferior which is a shame because I love the armor. It had some of the most epic scenes. I figure my collection will end up Mk 1 when the finally do it, 6,7,50 & both 85?s with a 5 or 46 of I ever find a deal on one. I?d love to do the hall of armors but can?t get over how small 2&3 are.

I love the 7 because it is pretty much the 6 but with a massive aresenal.

Also saw some pics on FB and this appears to be the one of if not the heaviest iron man yet. 998g, the L was 798g, mk6 877g

I do find the VII exceedingly tempting. Like I did the diecast V.

But I passed (or missed out) on the Mk II and the Mk V... so its a little easier to fight the urge.

Many collectors in HK complained about the shoulder missile part is very loose, I hope hottoys will fix it in future batch.

I wondered how long it would be before people turned on the 50.

Anyway, the issue I've always had with the VII is that its so similar to the VI on the shelf. To the untrained eyes. The Mk 1 to the Mk 5 to the Mk 6 has this nice evolution... but then the 7 just looks like a bulky 6... After the 6 the next logical step in variation for me is the Mk 45 (which people seemed to have turned on as well lately) but I really like its organic styling. Then I would end the line with the Mk 85 melding the two armor styles (mechanical and organic).

So for me, an ideal evolution would be: Marks 1, 2, 5, 6, 45, 85

Well I'm sure it was intentional to keep those early armors very similar to the original armor from the first movie. It probably wasn't until the Mk 42 that Marvel felt comfortable enough to take some chances with the design.

In any case, I still think the 7 stands out well enough from the previous ones just due to the sheer bulk. It's far from my favorite design, but given it's importance in the movies still seems like a must have to me.

Many collectors in HK complained about the shoulder missile part is very loose, I hope hottoys will fix it in future batch.

Gahhhh I was worried about this.. You can see it shaking alot in the Hot Toys video when he's adjusting the back-flaps. I guess some sticky-tack can be used worst case, in the event its not fixed.

I think the Mark 50 will creep up in value later down the line. Infinity War was an amazing movie (better than Endgame IMO) and the armor had some really impressive features and action scenes. You always have new people continuously joining this addictive hobby and I really don't foresee a better quality 1/6 Mark 50 coming out any time soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell for $750+ a few years from now. Meanwhile I do admit it was a bit rushed and the overall quality doesn't hold up to some of the other Marks like the 6 and 46. But still.

What about Mark 51 to 84? I assume they all got destroyed by the missiles from Thanos' ship. But from a toy/profit perspective though, I'm really surprised they didn't do a small tribute to IM3 and have Tony call his "house party protocol" a 2nd time. Maybe they had the idea but scrapped it because it would require more CGI work/costs?

--------

Sort of annoyed with that bullet/street base that comes with the Mark VII. Not a deal breaker, but it would have been more fitting to use it for the upcoming Punisher War Machine :huh

Gahhhh I was worried about this.. You can see it shaking alot in the Hot Toys video when he's adjusting the back-flaps. I guess some sticky-tack can be used worst case, in the event its not fixed.

I will probably take mine in the next batch, will report if they fixed it or not.

What about Mark 51 to 84? I assume they all got destroyed by the missiles from Thanos' ship. But from a toy/profit perspective though, I'm really surprised they didn't do a small tribute to IM3 and have Tony call his "house party protocol" a 2nd time. Maybe they had the idea but scrapped it because it would require more CGI work/costs?

I don't remember where I read this, but I think the Mark 50 is meant to be the most advanced suit Tony could ever create due to the nanites. And Marks 51-85 were updates to the suit nanites' structure and functionality. In a weird way, the Mk 85 is the Mk 50 after five years of firmware updates.

Back