1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No room for both.

I originally wanted just 4 diecast Iron Men -- Mk 1, 5, 6 and 45...

I missed the DC 5... and decided on 85 instead...

So now I'm feeling Mk 1, 6, 45 and 85...

But then I saw this 7...

Favorite 4 is hard.

If my waitlist for the excl version converts I will go ahead with the order but if not I'm ok with it. Not a must have for me at the moment. Chances are good though, I hopped on the WL a while back.

Question is should I buy an extra for trade/sell bate for other armors that I am missing. Paying $433 is cheaper than 99% of the diecast Iron Men out there.

What are the reasons for collectors to buy a second piece of the same figure besides reselling it? I mean I'd definitely feel better to have a second sealed and pristine figure of my favorite ones (especially the diecast ones) but even if I had the money I'm not sure I could allow myself to do that. What do guys think about this?

What are the reasons for collectors to buy a second piece of the same figure besides reselling it? I mean I'd definitely feel better to have a second sealed and pristine figure of my favorite ones (especially the diecast ones) but even if I had the money I'm not sure I could allow myself to do that. What do guys think about this?

Nobody has a right to judge what you do with your money. If want two go ahead and buy two. And if you want to sell one later you have the right to do what you please with your property.

I never understood this new thinking of ******** on people for trying to make a $1
During their collecting toys hobby??

What makes toys any different than any other commodity?? It?s done in every facet of our society..

Also, are you going to **** on the manufacturer?s (Hot Toys) for ass raping you and charging you double what these things actually cost, based solely on, because they know you will pay it?

No, your not.

So no, you don?t get to complain when someone buys two and follows the same strategy.

All the power to you if you can buy 10 of these. If didn?t get to buy one because of that, I?m not going to **** bricks on toy forum. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've often thought about buying an extra figure to sale later, but couldn't bear the thought of spending an extra $300-400 for something that's just going to sit in a closet for several months before being resold. But I don't really have an issue with those who do choose to do that.

Battle damage 85 if i had to choose between the 2.

It?s either both or the 85 for me.
And honestly I?ll have to really check out the reviews and see if I really really want the 7. I think it will be a pass for me.

The 85 is a must though.

So HT pulled a WM Mk IV by releasing the IM Mk VII a lot earlier than its original release date. Although what I've noticed from the images of the boxes arriving in Hong Kong is that they are all labeled "Special Edition."

i just ordered the regular version since I didn't wanna order from SS and I don't care about the small little plastic fig that I would never use...so I wonder if that means mine will be arriving later...I kinda hope so!

So HT pulled a WM Mk IV by releasing the IM Mk VII a lot earlier than its original release date. Although what I've noticed from the images of the boxes arriving in Hong Kong is that they are all labeled "Special Edition."

i just ordered the regular version since I didn't wanna order from SS and I don't care about the small little plastic fig that I would never use...so I wonder if that means mine will be arriving later...I kinda hope so!

Did they? This was originally scheduled for October at the earliest on Sideshow, and it just now released in Hong Kong. Pretty on target, a few weeks behind actually. WM Mk IV released a good 4-5 months before January I believe. But whatever, I?m just hyped that it's finally released.

I wish I?d have bought 2 Mk vi?s. I?m very much considering a second regular edition of this. Never know what it could be put up for as a trade a year or so from now. Long shot but maybe a mk46 or 5 one day lol since I can?t afford them normally.

I wish I?d have bought 2 Mk vi?s. I?m very much considering a second regular edition of this. Never know what it could be put up for as a trade a year or so from now. Long shot but maybe a mk46 or 5 one day lol since I can?t afford them normally.

Wouldn't say that's a bad idea. With only diecast Iron Man figs specifically, you could get one significantly discounted by buying two and reselling the second. Doesn't go for stuff like the Mark 46 Concept Art of course, but figs like the Mark V, VI, 46, 85. The 50 I?m not too sure about, there?s so much supply for it that I don?t think we?ll ever see it match the other diecast figures? prices, which is an outlier for a main suit.

No room for both.

I originally wanted just 4 diecast Iron Men -- Mk 1, 5, 6 and 45...

I missed the DC 5... and decided on 85 instead...

So now I'm feeling Mk 1, 6, 45 and 85...

But then I saw this 7...

Favorite 4 is hard.
I'm aiming to do 1, 7, BD 85. Pretty much the high marks for IM in the MCU. You got his first solo film, first Avengers and last Avengers/film. Can definitely throw in one more in there. Mark 5 would be a nice one since it's so unique from the rest.

If my waitlist for the excl version converts I will go ahead with the order but if not I'm ok with it. Not a must have for me at the moment. Chances are good though, I hopped on the WL a while back.
Is the exclusive really a big deal with this? It's just the 1 inch hologram that will probably stay in the box.

I'm aiming to do 1, 7, BD 85. Pretty much the high marks for IM in the MCU. You got his first solo film, first Avengers and last Avengers/film. Can definitely throw in one more in there. Mark 5 would be a nice one since it's so unique from the rest.

Is the exclusive really a big deal with this? It's just the 1 inch hologram that will probably stay in the box.

Yeah the EX is totally unnecessary unless you plan to resell. Even dumb, not needed EX's seem to demand a higher price on the secondary market.

Also, cool choices with Mk.'s I, VII and BD LXXXV and you should definitely consider hunting down a Mk. V for it uniqueness or just grab a WM Mk. IV. Don't get me wrong, if I had to choose between the diecast WM Mk. I or the IV, I would ditch the IV but even with my skepticism, the IV comes close to the top spot and just blew the CW WM Mk. III out of the the rankings.

Wouldn't say that's a bad idea. With only diecast Iron Man figs specifically, you could get one significantly discounted by buying two and reselling the second. Doesn't go for stuff like the Mark 46 Concept Art of course, but figs like the Mark V, VI, 46, 85. The 50 I?m not too sure about, there?s so much supply for it that I don?t think we?ll ever see it match the other diecast figures? prices, which is an outlier for a main suit.

Yeah had HT not done a reissue of the 50 it may have had a chance but not anymore. The BD85 I can see it getting up there.

Yeah had HT not done a reissue of the 50 it may have had a chance but not anymore. The BD85 I can see it getting up there.

That's part of it but also the fact that the release of the Mk. L was so close to the announcement of the Mk. LXXXV was a big mistake. I remember so many people claiming (with some confirmed) they cancelled Mk. L for Mk. LXXXV.

I think this is the only in-hand video available so far that I found:

I really love the figure however I'm a little bugged that he'll stand out among my other diecasts due to his unique and more screen-accurate(?) paint job.

Edit:
Here's another from the same youtuber covering the different features and accessories:

I think this is the only in-hand video available so far that I found:

I really love the figure however I'm a little bugged that he'll stand out among my other diecasts due to his unique and more screen-accurate(?) paint job.

Nice find! I’m excited to get mine but also excited to see and hear all the complaints about doing this transformation.

I doubt the Mark 50 ever gets up high in value. Like what was said, there are just way too many of them. I also don't think it was all that well done when I compare it to my other diecast figures. Seemed rushed.

Back