1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that speculation? Or did you hear something?

Yep, the repaints will be coming out for sure.. Just a matter of time.

Maybe they won't be doing the exact colorways e.g. Midas, stealth, sub-zero, etc. however I'm sure we can expect something similar down the line. I'm sure we will get a neon tech version of this as well.

Yep, the repaints will be coming out for sure.. Just a matter of time.

Maybe they won't be doing the exact colorways e.g. Midas, stealth, sub-zero, etc. however I'm sure we can expect something similar down the line. I'm sure we will get a neon tech version of this as well.

I've always wanted to see a black/gold Mark VII repaint. Not Python, but more like the Marvel NOW/Model 42 scheme. Exactly like this:

Hub4lob.jpg

It's not even like it'd be that hard for HT either. Just replace the red parts with black, the silver sections at the top with gold, and change the light colours to red as well (they could borrow the tech from the WM figures). Less extreme of a re-do than Midas for sure.

I've always wanted to see a black/gold Mark VII repaint. Not Python, but more like the Marvel NOW/Model 42 scheme. Exactly like this:

View attachment 463128

It's not even like it'd be that hard for HT either. Just replace the red parts with black, the silver sections at the top with gold, and change the light colours to red as well (they could borrow the tech from the WM figures). Less extreme of a re-do than Midas for sure.

Ahhhhh I the black & gold combo... Python was my first Iron Man figure lol and I would love a Mark 7 repaint as the Marvel NOW version too. It would be the first Iron Man figure by Hot Toys with red eyes and arc reactors and I think it would look great honestly! Here's to hoping :hi5:

View attachment 463128

This is one of those pics I wish I'd never seen because now this is an absolute need.

I ordered the MK7, didn't think I was going to be able to afford it after all that crap that happened to us... excited to get my first Die Cast Iron Man. :D

It's so hard to say no to IM figures isn't it? Like after watching IW i really wanted the mk50 because it was awesome in the thanos battle. Then they announced all the cool accessories it had in the movie ( the forearms, the the forearm blade, leg booster, lasers), the very thing that made it cool in the first place would be sold separately. That just killed it for me. 400$ for a barebones figures and another 240$ for the cool stuff was just too much.

It's so hard to say no to IM figures isn't it? Like after watching IW i really wanted the mk50 because it was awesome in the thanos battle. Then they announced all the cool accessories it had in the movie ( the forearms, the the forearm blade, leg booster, lasers), the very thing that made it cool in the first place would be sold separately. That just killed it for me. 400$ for a barebones figures and another 240$ for the cool stuff was just too much.

At least we got everything we need in one figure for the mark 7.

there are 3rd party alternatives but I felt the same way. after watching infinity war 20 or however many times i eventually cracked on the 50.

what are the chances a waitlist will convert for the EX this late in the game? slim? im guessing. does anyone know how long the EX has been on waitlist?

Ask Sideshow if they will convert a normal order into exclusive should it convert after you buy the normal, I saw someone on Reddit said that they told him they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either way, the normal is still available. Unless the accessory is super important to you (it isn't to me), id go with the sure thing instead of gambling on an exclusive converting.

This figure is really tempting. Is the price justified compared to other die-cast Iron Man figures? Seems steep, is it just cause of all the accessories and whatnot?

But it would be cool to have this and then 85 BD as my two representations of the character.

This figure is really tempting. Is the price justified compared to other die-cast Iron Man figures? Seems steep, is it just cause of all the accessories and whatnot?

But it would be cool to have this and then 85 BD as my two representations of the character.

Exactly what I’m doing, except I’m going for the pristine 85. The price is subjective, but what isn’t is the availability: Right NOW is the only time you’ll be able to buy him for $433.

It is the most expensive Iron Man figure releasing soon, beating the $407 Mark 50. I believe the price is both a combination of Hot Toys’ ever-increasing prices on Iron Man figs, and the amount of accessories. And in my opinion, it comes with a substantial amount of accessories, due to the Mark 7 having a ton of retractable missiles shown in The Avengers, like wrist missiles, thigh missiles, arm missiles, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The figure doesn't really look much more complex than previous diecasts to me (certainly the Mk 5 with all it's moving parts), but unfortunately it's coming out when prices have already started to go up, and the fact it's such a beloved armor probably plays a big role too.

It's never really been a must-have armor for me, but being from the first Avengers gives it an extra cool factor so what the hell. :D

Exactly what I’m doing, except I’m going for the pristine 85. The price is subjective, but what isn’t is the availability: Right NOW is the only time you’ll be able to buy him for $433.

It is the most expensive Iron Man figure releasing soon, beating the $407 Mark 50. I believe the price is both a combination of Hot Toys’ ever-increasing prices on Iron Man figs, and the amount of accessories. And in my opinion, it comes with a substantial amount of accessories, due to the Mark 7 having a ton of retractable missiles shown in The Avengers, like wrist missiles, thigh missiles, arm missiles, etc.

:duff Yeah, I figure I'll have to grab this at retail before he jumps if I decide to go that route.

The figure doesn't really look much more complex than previous diecasts to me (certainly the Mk 5 with all it's moving parts), but unfortunately it's coming out when prices have already started to go up, and the fact it's such a beloved armor probably plays a big role too.

It's never really been a must-have armor for me, but being from the first Avengers gives it an extra cool factor so what the hell. :D

Since most of the armors look pretty amazing, that's really started to play into it in my decision-making. I'm still very tentative about veering too much outside Star Wars, but I dug the vast majority of the Marvel Universe movies and Tony/Downey was really the glue for those movies for me. I bought the Mark IV cause it's basically a perfect-looking original-style Iron Man, but then rewatched the movie and was like, meh. :lol

Last edited:
Honestly it doesn't matter the armor these days, if you have a passing interest in it you're well off to pick it up and not miss out. I mean even the Mk50 technically sold out and only continued it's availability because of the second run. Had that not occurred, I'm sure that would be commanding a premium already.

Back