1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn I just placed my order from getting excited from that pic. Not doing the same mistake again I did by not getting the mark 6 or the mark 4 with gantry with those crazy sold out prices (luckily I found a gantry set on eBay for a good price). And I know mark 7 is one of the most popular. Now to try and sell my old plastic mark 7

can someone explain to me what the difference it on sideshows site from the collectors edition to the special edition? they seem to have the same price.

Unfortunately this is another case where the bright red color is completely killing the figure for me. It's never been my favorite armor, but I still would have been tempted anyway given that it was in the first Avengers. But with the bright color it doesn't really remind me much of that armor at all. :(

IMG_20190513_085207.jpg
IMG_20190513_085753.jpg

Unfortunately this is another case where the bright red color is completely killing the figure for me. It's never been my favorite armor, but I still would have been tempted anyway given that it was in the first Avengers. But with the bright color it doesn't really remind me much of that armor at all. :(

View attachment 453627
View attachment 453628

I've found that promo and official pictures tend to exaggerate the red on most Iron Man figures. In hand they look different.

Well I have the 6 and 46, and they both still seem brighter in hand than they should be. Although the designs are so strong that I think it still works pretty well regardless.

With the 7 though it feels like it really requires that deeper burgundy color for the gold and silver elements to work, and not look so garish as it does to me now.

Well I have the 6 and 46, and they both still seem brighter in hand than they should be. Although the designs are so strong that I think it still works pretty well regardless.

With the 7 though it feels like it really requires that deeper burgundy color for the gold and silver elements to work, and not look so garish as it does to me now.

Funny enough, I remember a time where others were complaining about the red being too dark on the original Mark III. It looked good on the BD Mark III, but from what I've seen on the diecast it's gotten a little brighter.

I think it's hard for them to decide on a shade of red because it appears as though the suits look different depending on the scene/lighting.

If there's something I have a bit of a gripe with, it's that they're too glossy but in the movies, the suits (to me anyway) appear to have more of a dull sheen most of the time. If you've seen the repaint of the 50 in its thread, I would like something more like that.

Yeah they're definitely way too glossy as well. That Mk50 repaint is great, and I've already repainted my Mk3, but not sure I really want to go through that again with this.

Wasn’t this supposed to come with a dynamic stand? Pretty sure that’s what is listed on the product page.

Trying to choose between the Mk7 and the Mk85 is so hard!!....

One figure per character... what are your thoughts????

Trying to choose between the Mk7 and the Mk85 is so hard!!....

One figure per character... what are your thoughts????

I’d break that rule if possible. If not, then I’d go 7. But to me 7 is king of all suits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d break that rule if possible. If not, then I’d go 7. But to me 7 is king of all suits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. If there is ever a character to break that rule with its iron man. The VII is a battleship armor, really bulky and was cool in A1. After the VI it’s my favorite of the early armors. The LXXXV is overall a great looking armor: hits the mark on the feel of the early suits with comic scheme colors while still nano and of course his final armor. I’d get them both lol. The 85 doesn’t come out for over a year. Plenty of time to pay it off. That’s what I’m doing.

I don't know if it's the same breaking the rule of 1 per character. Because I only aimed to get one Hot Toys Iron Man (Mk45) as the perfect masterpiece to stand atop my SHFiguarts Iron Man collection but when the Mark VI came out... yeah, out the window that rule went so now I have the "collecting one Iron Man per Avengers movie" rule. Hopefully, this time it sticks coz I'm out running out of space, not to mention $$$ :lecture

But the HT IW Thor, Iron Spidey, and Carol Danvers CM are all looking sweet and I have an empty single 1/6 standalone acrylic display... god help me...
I've been telling myself Thor's Stormbreaker looks too small, Iron Spidey's and CM's joints will all have stretching and wrinkling, and that they all have limited articulation due to their costumes just to stop myself.

Back