1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you gentlemen.

Mark 7 Res.jpg

I?m in a grimy workshop right now so good photos are out of the question, but first impressions:

- If you have recent diecast releases you already have a good idea of the overall feel and quality.

- Impressive bulk.

- Somewhat stylized, ?heroic? proportions but we all knew that. This is the closest to ?man-in-a-suit we?ve got thanks to that bulk. Just don?t think too hard on the long legs, which is where like every other armour, it looks most stylized upon close scrutiny; but so did the film models.

- Those shoulder/back pieces everyone has mentioned? Yeah, they come off if you look at them funny. Not the worst flaw this could have but annoying.

Now where it really wins is paint.

- Finish is closest to the more matte look we see on-screen. It?s kind of a dull satin and what I would call a muted cherry hue. The silver and gold are well-rendered and integrate nicely.

- Weathering is subtle and realistic.

- The paint has depth and exhibits subtle gradients in natural light. Very impressive and less ?toy? - like.

Due to the bulk and paint I think this will integrate into 1/6 displays with other characters better. It has a feel that?s just incrementally more realistic.

Is it ?the best? .. ? That?s a touch subjective but it does have better paint and proportions. Not exponentially better, but still a tiny step closer. Recent diecast releases have for the most part been exceptional so there?s no true game changer here besides the paint.

As reviewers have said, the battle damage is maybe a touch soft but nothing you?ll hate.

No filters or adjustment, daylight from a nearby window, some minor iPhone lens distortion:

18ef97acc4c0c64000be1f0de946a875.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digging the swap out pieces and panels. You can get a nice mechanical vibe with even just a couple of adjustments.

b38f63c5f0381f53b6a6155d7c35d579.jpg

4e67d38937d0d4bde3df50cbadc7d763.jpg

Good pics and overview, I'm a huge fan of the mech detail in IM figures, and this figure seems to have plenty. Based on reviews I watched, it seems the back flaps don't raise up all too high like the previous molds of the Mk VII, which is a bit of a bummer to me, but ah well.

That sucks to hear mate, who did you order from?

Just got mine today and It didn?t come packaged with either panels on the chest.
But looking at photos it doesn?t???

Mine arrived in the UK today, initial disappointment to see one of the side panels missing... :(

View attachment 471841

Thoughts: One of the best painted IM ive ever had, I was never a big fan of the overly glossy red. Proportions look great and he is such a tank.
However, I can help but hate the POD mode and the changes to the figure to make that thing happen, it won't ever leave the box for me!

just got mine the other day. first iron man hot toy for me. quick question. maybe sounds dumb. is the faceplate supposed to be able to cover tony starks face on that headsculpt or just supposed to be place on top of the head in the open position with the magnets holding it?

just got mine the other day. first iron man hot toy for me. quick question. maybe sounds dumb. is the faceplate supposed to be able to cover tony starks face on that headsculpt or just supposed to be place on top of the head in the open position with the magnets holding it?

Just supposed to sit on top
Of the head open, don?t try to make it cover the face. You?ll damage the headscuplt inside pieces!

Just supposed to sit on top
Of the head open, don?t try to make it cover the face. You?ll damage the headscuplt inside pieces!

ok thanks. just set it on his face and it wasnt falling into place like the light up head so figured it probably wasnt supposed to.

As a proud owner of a customized Battle Damaged Mark 7, I wasn't originally going to get the Die Cast, but I caved when I saw everyone's photos. Well worth the money. And I get an upgraded helmeted Stark head for my Battle Damaged.

IM MK 7 BD & DC.jpg

Just picked up order from UPS store and Sideshow sent me the Mark L instead of the VII. I spoke to Sideshow and they set up a returns claim. This ever happen to anyone, any chance of getting it before Christmas? Sucks pretty bad, first time ordering through Sideshow and first iron man figure.

Just picked up order from UPS store and Sideshow sent me the Mark L instead of the VII. I spoke to Sideshow and they set up a returns claim. This ever happen to anyone, any chance of getting it before Christmas? Sucks pretty bad, first time ordering through Sideshow and first iron man figure.

Never had that happen. Depends on where you live whether you have a shot before Christmas. I'd say probably not, based on how long it takes for me to get my stuff (I'm in the midwest).

Happened once to me on a statue order. They waited until they got the other one back before shipping out the correct one (don't know if that was intentional or they were just slow in getting it shipped). I live on the East Coast so that whole process took almost close to two week.

DUDDEEE this happened to me today LOL.... I've had serious bad luck with this Mark VII release.

Back