1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know if the die-cast Mark IV un-helmeted Tony Stark head sculpt fit on this MK VII?

Yes, it does.

IMG_2994.jpg

Got the exclusive yesterday from SSC. Was surprised that they actually packed this one out (for the standard $10 up charge). Not sure if that means they will now pack out larger 1/6 figures going forward or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome-jealous! mines scheduled to arrive Tuesday, greay way to spend your Sunday!

I?m in a grimy workshop right now so good photos are out of the question, but first impressions:

- If you have recent diecast releases you already have a good idea of the overall feel and quality.

- Impressive bulk.

- Somewhat stylized, ?heroic? proportions but we all knew that. This is the closest to ?man-in-a-suit we?ve got thanks to that bulk. Just don?t think too hard on the long legs, which is where like every other armour, it looks most stylized upon close scrutiny; but so did the film models.

- Those shoulder/back pieces everyone has mentioned? Yeah, they come off if you look at them funny. Not the worst flaw this could have but annoying.

Now where it really wins is paint.

- Finish is closest to the more matte look we see on-screen. It?s kind of a dull satin and what I would call a muted cherry hue. The silver and gold are well-rendered and integrate nicely.

- Weathering is subtle and realistic.

- The paint has depth and exhibits subtle gradients in natural light. Very impressive and less ?toy? - like.

Due to the bulk and paint I think this will integrate into 1/6 displays with other characters better. It has a feel that?s just incrementally more realistic.

Is it ?the best? .. ? That?s a touch subjective but it does have better paint and proportions. Not exponentially better, but still a tiny step closer. Recent diecast releases have for the most part been exceptional so there?s no true game changer here besides the paint.

As reviewers have said, the battle damage is maybe a touch soft but nothing you?ll hate.

No filters or adjustment, daylight from a nearby window, some minor iPhone lens distortion:

18ef97acc4c0c64000be1f0de946a875.jpg

Inspired me to take a few minutes and re-watch the Battle Of New York in A1.

I've always preferred beginnings and smaller films for the most part (Fellowship Of The Ring for example) and even though A1 was a 'big' film at the time, compared to latter day MCU it's small and charming ... as a comic book movie I think it holds up very well and that final battle is IMO one of the better ones in the MCU.

I'd love it if HT gave us upgraded, contemporary A1 releases. Maybe not out of the question someday?

Digging the swap out pieces and panels. You can get a nice mechanical vibe with even just a couple of adjustments.

b38f63c5f0381f53b6a6155d7c35d579.jpg

4e67d38937d0d4bde3df50cbadc7d763.jpg

Last edited:
Back