1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one reason why I prefer ordering from SS even though they can be annoying at times. I can pay off an item over a period of time, cancelling pre-orders are easy, and if any problems rear its head, I know they have my back in getting a replacement part or item.

Got mine today. I have to admit I was feeling a bit burnt out on IM figures lately with this being my 7th diecast, but after opening this one up and trying a quick pose with all the weapons attached, I am absolutely loving how damn cool he looks. I wasn't totally sure about the red at first, as it did have a weird hue in daylight that seemed a bit off to me, but in my darkened display room it appears as more of that reddish/burgundy like the others.

View attachment 472408

View attachment 472409

View attachment 472410

View attachment 472411

Very, very nice :clap

Got the figure and I like the appearance but believe it was a wasted opportunity. A good portion of the accessories and extra cost went into the pod mode which 90% of people will never display it like that. They could have left out all those parts and perfected the way the weaponized accessories are attached to the figure. The way the shoulder missiles attach with a peg and plastic hole should have been done with magnets to hold them in place firmly. Using rubber for the sockets for the arms will also wear over time, the arms felts a little loose on mine.

Great photos DaveJames! Hope MonkeyDepot takes care of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's my understanding that you let Monkey Depot know, and then they deal with.....Sideshow. Sideshow is the major retailer. I bought a standard Stormtrooper from BBTS and received the Sith Trooper base. Contacted BBTS and they said they are dealing with Sideshow on the widespread, known issue. It's taking some time to get it resolved, but the woman at BBTS was nice enough to actually email updates. I bought it from BBTS because of the store credit they were giving with certain purchases. Got the figure for about $60 and now have a Imperial Trooper timeline, Clone, Storm, and First Order.

Got the figure and I like the appearance but believe it was a wasted opportunity. A good portion of the accessories and extra cost went into the pod mode which 90% of people will never display it like that. They could have left out all those parts and perfected the way the weaponized accessories are attached to the figure. The way the shoulder missiles attach with a peg and plastic hole should have been done with magnets to hold them in place firmly. Using rubber for the sockets for the arms will also wear over time, the arms felts a little loose on mine.

Yup i don't have the desire to try the pod mode even once, so just left those parts in the box.

And the straight pegs on the other armor pieces work perfectly well, so not sure why they had to make the shoulder ones so damn weird and hard to use.

Happens with everything from $200 toys to $300,000 cars to 100 million dollar aircraft.

This is nothing new, happens all the time with complex mass produce figures. Just make sure you buy from a reputable dealer.

Just a story about it happening. I worked at a GM dealership and someone special ordered a 100,000 escalade. When it came in and they bought it as soon as they pulled out of the parking lot (maybe 2 feet out) the entire exhaust fell off. It was in the shop for almost two months.

Back to talking about the Mark 7 though. I love this figure I?m trying to figure out a way to justify getting a second one so I can have one battle damaged and one in my hall of armor.

Just a story about it happening. I worked at a GM dealership and someone special ordered a 100,000 escalade. When it came in and they bought it as soon as they pulled out of the parking lot (maybe 2 feet out) the entire exhaust fell off. It was in the shop for almost two months.

Back to talking about the Mark 7 though. I love this figure I?m trying to figure out a way to justify getting a second one so I can have one battle damaged and one in my hall of armor.

Yep we got a almost $500,000 Fire Engine and the the rear suspension was wrong and it had to get the entire rear suspension replaced. It was about 6 months for that. So i expect issues with high volume things made by hand like these.

I've been tracking my package since yesterday from the Sideshow page but it no longer shows the green Track Package button, is it a problem from the sideshow site?

I've been tracking my package since yesterday from the Sideshow page but it no longer shows the green Track Package button, is it a problem from the sideshow site?

It's the same for me right now. It's probably a glitch on their site. It happened to me before. You can ask customer service for the tracking number directly and look up the package shipment from the UPS website, which is what I did when this happened to me before.

It's the same for me right now. It's probably a glitch on their site. It happened to me before. You can ask customer service for the tracking number directly and look up the package shipment from the UPS website, which is what I did when this happened to me before.

Ok thanks!

did anyone's SS exclusive Mk7 shipped yet? i got charged about 2 days+ ago but still reflects preparing to ship. so am wondering if its normal

did anyone's SS exclusive Mk7 shipped yet? i got charged about 2 days+ ago but still reflects preparing to ship. so am wondering if its normal

Mine was charged on the 3rd and shipped on the 4th towards 8:00 PM. Usually they ship the same day you get charged but I guess they have some backlog with Xmas around the corner. If you don't get a tracking number by late tonight, you should try reaching out to them tomorrow or on Monday I guess.

My Mark 7 was stuck on "preparing to ship" for nearly two days before it shipped from the their warehouse. It is the start of the holiday shopping season, and SS still have a massive sale/promotion going on. It is very likely that they are swarmed with orders coming in, so getting things shipped out may take longer than usual.

Mine arrived today from timewalker. Beautiful figure. Slowly checking out all the parts an pieces to make sure theres no issues. Pod mode is a complete throw away sadly. If it was a completed roto cast piece it would be awesome but sacrificing your figure for it is pointless.

Received mine yesterday, but didn't have time to get to him...hoping I've got some free time on Saturday to unpack and appreciate this work of art...and hopefully find no defects!!!

Back