1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Height difference between the 7 and 6 is still there:

72582647_3758346327516273_2126426647413391360_o.jpg

Photo by Robby RobToys Hamdani‎

Legs on the VI seem to be posed a bit awkwardly and not completely straight / parallel to the torso

It has nothing to do with the legs...look at the thigh area, specifically the circular piece right above the thigh. The Mark VII is built higher than the VI, also the torso on the VII is simply taller.

It has nothing to do with the legs...look at the thigh area, specifically the circular piece right above the thigh. The Mark VII is built higher than the VI, also the torso on the VII is simply taller.

Ummmmmm, last I checked the thigh is still considered part of the leg! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I know what you meant, but that was funny. The length of the knee joint + thigh is significantly longer on the Mark VII. The height of the calf armor looks pretty much equal on the two figures, but from there to that circular hip joint is where the main difference lies. And as you mentioned, the VII's torso is also longer.

Definitely the thigh is elongated. Partly because of the knee, but also just longer itself. Check from top of the "boot" to where those circular guns are on the hip -- almost the entire extra height is right there.

Lol I'm not debating that the VI is the same height or taller than the VII. Yes, the VII is indeed a slightly taller and beefier figure based on all the photos and videos released thus far. All I'm saying is that it's usually best to have all the figures in the same pose and perfectly straight when taking comparison pictures like that. But hey, that's just my personal opinion / OCD talking :lecture hahaha

Draw a straight line down the center of the hip flares and you will see what I mean:

flare.JPG

Ummmmmm, last I checked the thigh is still considered part of the leg! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I know what you meant, but that was funny. The length of the knee joint + thigh is significantly longer on the Mark VII. The height of the calf armor looks pretty much equal on the two figures, but from there to that circular hip joint is where the main difference lies. And as you mentioned, the VII's torso is also longer.

Wise guy, huh...?! :thwak

I guess it's a good thing Iron Man is dead cause at this rate if RDJ was still in the movies the figures would eventually be an entire figure taller! :lol

The legs on the VII are fine and I don't know what everyone's on about with the long knees. The VI is just underscaled like some of the other suits. Here's a comparison with ILM's models of the VI and VII.

vii_legs.jpg

The legs on the VII are fine and I don't know what everyone's on about with the long knees. The VI is just underscaled like some of the other suits. Here's a comparison with ILM's models of the VI and VII.

View attachment 470119

When I thought only the plastic ones were under-scaled, now there is a scale difference among the die-casts too. :(

I?ve seen a lot of people that don?t have the figure in hand saying the figure looks cheap as hell with the satin paint. I have a feeling they?ll regret not picking it up. I think it looks great

the figure looks cheap as hell with the satin paint.

Who is saying this? Really? That's crazy. Looks much closer to the actual character in the movie, doesn't it?

I will give then that it should be a deeper darker red though. The current color is a wee bit light.

The soon-to-come fully battle-damaged diecast Mk 7 will likely solve that issue much like it did on the plastic version.

It looks so good. I think the satin finish is perfect...this quality is like a Quarter Scale...probably even better.
I?m just thinking about how I?m going to display him. I usually like to display with all weapons out and full B/D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is saying this? Really? That's crazy. Looks much closer to the actual character in the movie, doesn't it?

I will give then that it should be a deeper darker red though. The current color is a wee bit light.

The soon-to-come fully battle-damaged diecast Mk 7 will likely solve that issue much like it did on the plastic version.

On the official Hot Toys facebook page lots of complaints. It is a tad too light but it?s good enough in my book.
I?d be down with a full on battle damaged version of this. It and the 85BD would be awesome together

If you guys had to pick between this one or the mk4, which one would you guys go for?

Not even a question for me. Always had an irrational hatred for the Mark IV. It sees no action besides a drunk fight, and he just uses it like clothes through the movie (which is on purpose writing-wise, but it wore down the novelty). Then he fixes his arc reactor and creates a new suit, the Mark VI, which is just the Mark IV but better. I just hate the way the IV looks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you guys had to pick between this one or the mk4, which one would you guys go for?

MK7 all day. Had much better scenes. Like what was mentioned above the IV was basically Tony?s drunk suit. This suit is a battle tank for iron man armors. Much more iconic

Back