1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered. Cant wait. Held off and held off on buying a plastic one in the hope for one day Hot Toys doing this diecast version. Now the long wait begins...

37825478_10155646752877344_3406928583589888000_n.jpg

Oh lord...

Would be so nice if this was the paint job we could all get.

This will still be available to order at SS this time next year. I can’t remember the last normal release figure that hit waitlist (and stayed waitlist) well before it was even released in Hong Kong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was Diecast War Machine Mark I waitlisted before release?

I ordered it right after we saw in-hand pics. I think it was waitlisted shortly after it was released in Hong Kong.

^^^ I think that is correct, I just scrolled back through that thread myself to check. It was also one of those odd figures that went to waitlist at SS but was still available at places like BBTS for a while longer. Honestly, I think for most figures you have at least until they release in HK before needing to make a final decision on ordering at SS.

I think I recall reading about a lot of waitlist conversions as well in the thread. I've got this issue where I don't really like paying for stuff too far in advance, so I've never placed an order before the figure has been released in Hong Kong and I've yet to miss out on anything I've wanted.

Everything- new Midas, new black repaint, new white repaint...

But its heavier so its worth it

I dunno. They've just done a neon suit which presumably is just a repaint of an older one. (Granted the shipping is much earlier than this one which is still in the announcement/prototype stage) .. They also pushed out cheaper versions of older suits for China not long before announcing the new diecast VI and IV. I'd think it would be more cost effective just to stick to the older 'plastic' versions each time they do another skin job..

I dunno. They've just done a neon suit which presumably is just a repaint of an older one. (Granted the shipping is much earlier than this one which is still in the announcement/prototype stage) .. They also pushed out cheaper versions of older suits for China not long before announcing the new diecast VI and IV. I'd think it would be more cost effective just to stick to the older 'plastic' versions each time they do another skin job..

Neon is diecast mk IV repaint. Odd cuz the diecast mk IV isn’t even out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neon is diecast. And it may be cheaper for us but diecast costs them no more to produce and they can charge 30-35% extra just because people like the weight.

Its not so much the weight, more how it feels in hand. A plastic one just feels so hollow and cheap like. I also think the die cast figures stand better on their own than a plastic one. Better balance.

Now as to the mk7, besides his bulky chest plate i like how deep his RT sits in the chest. I also like those extra back thrusters/flaps. What are those silver bits on his thighs for though. Always wondered what they do.

Weight isn’t why they stand better. The newer plastic figures all stand well. The 1/4 figures stand well. It’s newer engineering is all.

Its not so much the weight, more how it feels in hand. A plastic one just feels so hollow and cheap like. I also think the die cast figures stand better on their own than a plastic one. Better balance.

You know these are still mostly plastic. Most of the DC is in the legs. I have a easier time standing the lighter plastic figures. These heavier figures seem to want to fall over a lot easier. I like everything about the DC figures but the DC i guess :lol

This figure is really affordable. In a years time, Hot Toys and Sideshow will be asking at least $500 for a standard Iron Man and $700 for the deluxe Iron Man with all the bells and whistles, and spinning rims.

Better get this one before these suckers realize this should be priced at $728 USD!

I feel like the market will eventually plateau and they will struggle to sell figures at 600-700 dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? as it find the weight in the legs to ground them well to surfaces, like the weight is well distributed that way. My mk33 falls over super easy. He is the tipsy one. I admit my iron patriot is flimsy and i dont trust him too long without his stand.

Oh make no mistake, if IM continue to be this price then the last one for me will be Mk1 and im done. I'm not one of those guys that needs every one. I like specific traits like the triangle on mk6 and the bulkiness of the mk7. I was supposed to get mk5 but it came out earlier than expected and it sold out. I spent 500$ on evilbay to get WM mk3, but it was worth it. It's the WM i always wanted.

alll the new plastic ones stand pretty well for me. but that's what we have the stands for. i feel like the plastic ones give you more options in terms of the poses. the better feel in hand is really just about the weight. the parts that touch your hand when you're holding it are mostly plastic anyways. as someone who collects a lot of iron man figures and don't really handle them much, diecast is really not worth it for me.

Back