1/6 Hot Toys - 1/6 - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXII - Hot Rod ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, that's why I try not to get too invested with some of the accuracies that people look for. You say it had a star, fine it had a star. I don't know 100% it did or didn't .....

This came up in a different thread and someone posted a screen capture and you can see the star.

Here is the post from the other thread:

No, the real Hot Rod has the IP chestplate, it has the star engraved its just not painted. That ^^ picture is cropped from a Dragon prototype figure and isn't accurate

Hot Toys
cxu452z.jpg

This is not a custom, it is a PI prototype
nH5VlHF.jpg

From the Art Book (its faint but the star is there)
6KdQzC6.jpg

And in a still from the film you can see a bit of light reflecting on the top and lower left points of the star
4ETPtbb.gif

Blame Marvel being too lazy and cheap to pay for more armors and not just repaints... not exactly Hot Toys fault.

It does look cool, dont know if I will get it as I think I am done with IM3 with Python and Centurion but you never know.

Of course you'll get it. HT will produce repaints until the molds burn out!

You are probably right but it really does depend; originally I said I was only going to pick up one Iron Man to represent each movie - Mark III for IM, Mark VI for IM2, Mark VII for Avengers, Silver Centurion for IM3.

I already broke that with also getting Python so if there is another one I really want and I can afford it I will go in for it. I originally wanted Heartbreaker and Gemmini too but I already passed on those so it will depend on what else is announced, if there are any I previously passed on which are still available and what else is coming up (IM and Cap from AoU, especially as I have had to cancel my WS Cap).

Just a bit teaser ;) but my self made paint job is much closer to the real paint job than the hot toys lazy ones on doing hot rod (just my opinion, if others think otherwise it's okay) :)

I think this will be next year. Such an easy suit for Hot Toys to bring out :)
I'd buy him.

Nicepaint job by Hot Toys very top notch and lively colors! Cant wait for this but just one thing, i hope hot toys releases this non diecast to keep diecast line for the main armors only..

Nicepaint job by Hot Toys very top notch and lively colors! Cant wait for this but just one thing, i hope hot toys releases this non diecast to keep diecast line for the main armors only..

War Machine Mk 2 is not a main armor. It didn't even make the IM3 film cut that showcased countless armors. :lol

War Machine Mk 2 is not a main armor. It didn't even make the IM3 film cut that showcased countless armors. :lol

Ok let me rephrase that main armor plus War machine armors (since he only have limited armor ill let it pass) =))

Wrong again as technically, hotrod is a war machine armour so diecast it is then.

I agree, I think I'd like it as a MMS and not diecast. The best bit about diecast though is that the colors really stand out. So I wouldn't be to upset. The MMS price would be nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back