1/6 Hot Toys - 1/6 - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXII - Hot Rod ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, it was two head sculpts/helmets right?

Hot Rod doesn't look like it comes with too much so maybe it stays at $299?

Yup plus the battle damage panels.. and as LipSmack pointed out, this figure has lost the WM Mk2 shoulder canon.

I'm not the biggest fan of this armor. In a perfect world where I made bags of cash I'd own everything..but given the other amazing, and imo more unique, armors out there now and coming soon I may pass on this for a while. I'm glad it is being made, I'm of the mindset I hope everyone gets everything or anything they want made, actually made. Because I can always say no, but if it's not produced the others have no option to say yes.

But this looks like a custom I could do on my own pretty easy. Maybe there's more to it then I see on first blush.

On top of that....never been a flames guy. I'm painting up a custom scheme on my friends motorcycle now, and my one stipulation was no flames. Lol unless they where realistic. And even then, it would be iffy. I'm more of a clean look. So the addition of a bit of red and some flames to war machine..mhe. For me.

But, I still like it more then 99.9% of the toys on the market at the moment. Just at the bottom of my iron man HT list.

Yep, flames on a custom motorcycle nowadays generally looks a bit too retro.. best paint job I ever had on a bike was black, with a very subtle gold flecking.. after polishing it, it really did sparkle (the original Yamaha XS650 US Special).. my current car has a very similar paint to that too.. subtle but effective.

The fact that this is made as a Die-Cast when it would've been way cooler to have Silver Centurion & Heartbreaker as Diecasts saddens me slightly.

Heartbreaker would have been cool as a diecast figure.. never really been moved by the SC armor, not sure why.. but I suspect at the point HT where making decisions about production of those armors, they were not too certain how well the diecast figures where going to sell.. and consequently, were a bit ambivalent about committing to too many different figures in that material.
Looking at the increase in diecast releases, I suspect HT were quite pleased with the sales stats of the original models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back