Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure looks awfully nice and the likeness to my eye is right up there with ANH Leia. It was THIS shot that knocked me out...
It's a good angle, for sure, but those really aren't Fisher's ears. The placement, angle, shape all seem a bit off.

4-Hoth-Fight-CROPPED.jpg

She was just cute as hell in that outfit. I think hot toys did a nice job capturing the hoth look . Preordered. :yess:

Oh yes. Only OT figures for me. Luke, Leia, Han, etc., plus figures of the characters mentioned on screen here in 1977.

Hot Toys is making a Kyle Katarn figure?! Sweeeeet. He better come with clean shaven and bearded headsculpts, the Death Star plans and Bryar Pistol atleast. His exclusive could be a Darktrooper arc caster.

IMG_7509.JPG

A lightsaber wielding "spy" who contradicts the scroll by stealing the plans by himself? How silly.

Yep...never understand why some Star Wars fans complain about Lucasfilm's decision to erase some of this foolishness from the official Star Wars canon.

When I see this, I think maybe the tailoring on her snow suit could be thinner and closer to the body. The hot toys doll looks kinda puffy.

:chase

Hey ...we agree on something......been saying she looks too frumpy....

There's a whole EU generation. KOTOR and such.

Then there's the PT generation.

Soon we'll have the ST Disney generation.

Then the TV series generation.

I'll be 100% Honest, if HT and Sideshow teamed up to give us 1:6 Rebels crew, I'd buy them up quick.
As far as book cannon, I only want Thrawn, the evil droids, and Dr.Aphra.

Oh yes. Only OT figures for me. Luke, Leia, Han, etc., plus figures of the characters mentioned on screen here in 1977:

star-wars-rogue-one-opening-celebration.jpg

I'll definitely be picking up a few OT Rebel spies. :)

It's funny... in that same crawl I also seem to recall something about "Princess Leia races home," not as someone specifically directed to Tatooine by Bail "sending for" his friend, "the Jedi." I mean... not to read anything too much into it.:monkey3

Maybe it'll be fixed in the new bridging crawl between Episodes IIV and IV...

crawl_zpssb6wne3z.png

It's funny... in that same crawl I also seem to recall something about "Princess Leia races home," not as someone specifically directed to Tatooine by Bail "sending for" his friend, "the Jedi." I mean... not to read anything too much into it.:monkey3

Your recollection is amiss. Leia's message to Obi-wan was "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the
Clone Wars, now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has come under attack..."

Yes she was racing home but she was always planning to stop and see Obi-Wan at her father's request along the way. Just leave well enough alone Talibane, you're never gonna win this. :lol :wave

Rogue One didn't happen before Star Wars, period. Cut the crap Khev. In the first film, there was no "Jyn Erso" or "Scarif", or any of that crap. Vader wasn't Anakin and Leia wasn't Luke's sister.

You know what happened 10 mins before Star Wars? The Empire caught wind of some 70s looking dudes with bad hair cuts beaming up some plans to Princess Leia who was probably on some kind of Imperial watch list. Vader, whose only goal as an Imperial agent is too seek out and destroy the hidden rebel base, catches wind of those transmission[s/I] and boards them asses.

Connecting this back to Hoth Leia, it isn't Vader's style to go into a battle without sending his men first. You see this in Star Wars when he's pursuing the princess and again on Hoth when he's looking for Luke. He's always flanked by his Stormtroopers. Hell, he doesn't board the Tantive IV until his men clear the area nor does he go into Echo base on Hoth until General Veers goes ahead and gives him the okay to land.

So not only did RO not happen, it's Vader is actually out of character to what we see in the OT. Going in lightsaber and force a blazing is totally not his style. If it was he would have done that tactic on the Tantive IV instead of the Stormtroopers blowing a hole into the door. If RO Vader was in the OT, you wouldn't even need Stormtroopers. He'd mow all the Rebels down single handedly. Captain Antilles? Vader would be Force choking him to the ****ing ceiling, not with his own hand.

Well Jan Ors did pick him up. lol

Dis right here.

But alas, Dark Forces is also fan fiction that didn't happen either, not even with Mon Mothma briefing the situation or a new type of "D-Trooper".

Last edited:
Rogue One didn't happen before Star Wars, period. Cut the crap Khev. In the first film, there was no "Jyn Erso" or "Scarif",

What are you talking about? The final 1977 script quite clearly makes reference to the plans being stolen from Scarif by the Rogue One crew "led by Jyn Erso as portrayed by Felicity Jones born October 17th, 1983." I thought it was common knowledge that Rogue One is the manifestation not only of one of the grandest "master plans" in the history of cinema but also one of the greatest examples of precognition in the history of the world, period. Imagine if Felicity's mom and dad didn't get together as Lucas planned.

Connecting this back to Hoth Leia, it isn't Vader's style to go into a battle without sending his men first. You see this in Star Wars when he's pursuing the princess and again on Hoth when he's looking for Luke. He's always flanked by his Stormtroopers....Vader is actually out of character to what we see in the OT.

I don't recall Vader being flanked by any troopers in the dining hall when Han appeared to have him dead to rights. Truth is Vader does whatever he darn well pleases in any given moment. Is he consistent in every single action? No. Especially when he's pissed. And he didn't seem too happy at Scarif. Just like his whole choking officers thing. In the span of one movie we see him kill two officers that fail him but then when Piett does the same he...spares him. "Out of character" for Vader? Nope. He was just so mad he didn't even feel like killing anyone. Nobody can predict what Vader will do in any given moment and that's part of what makes him so fearsome.

What are you talking about? The final 1977 script quite clearly makes reference to the plans being stolen from Scarif by the Rogue One crew "led by Jyn Erso as portrayed by Felicity Jones born October 17th, 1983." I thought it was common knowledge that Rogue One is the manifestation not only of one of the grandest "master plans" in the history of cinema but also one of the greatest examples of precognition in the history of the world, period. Imagine if Felicity's mom and dad didn't get together as Lucas planned.

lol

Khev, you're a bold one.

I don't recall Vader being flanked by any troopers in the dining hall when Han appeared to have him dead to rights. Truth is Vader does whatever he darn well pleases in any given moment. Is he consistent in every single action? No. Especially when he's pissed. And he didn't seem too happy at Scarif. Just like his whole choking officers thing. In the span of one movie we see him kill two officers that fail him but then when Piett does the same he...spares him. "Out of character" for Vader? Nope. He was just so mad he didn't even feel like killing anyone. Nobody can predict what Vader will do in any given moment and that's part of what makes him so fearsome.

Bro, the Stormtroopers popped up behind Han and the gang, Vader was just chilling at the table! They technically did flank him (and Boba too). He wasn't in any real danger.

The real Vader wouldn't do that **** he did in RO. Vader is chill. You really think he would stealthily board that flag ship, cut out the power and wait for someone to see him before going nuts horror movie style? No. What if he got shot? 1977 Star Wars had a reality to it. This isn't prequel video game BS where Yoda can almost take flight and twirl a lightsaber or Vader forces everyone in the room like a cartoon. If everyone pointed their blasters at Vader in the OT, he'd be dead. Like any commanding officer or general, he uses Stormtroopers to sweep the area before striding along. Case in point, the Tantive IV. He boards it like a boss, surveying the damage with his hands at his waist without a care in the world. We're meant to believe that this guy just minutes earlier backed up these same crew members by himself? No.

But wait, there's more!

The events of RO can't happen for the simple fact that the Tantive IV, Princess Leia's ship, was involved in a flagship in an actual battle. RO contradicts all the discussions Vader has with Leia and his officers. In Star Wars, Vader merely has a hunch that Leia isn't on some diplomatic mercy mission as he calls it. In RO, he straight up sees that they're involved. In this case, why would that officer worry about holding her hostage and the legalities of boarding the Tantive IV? She was caught at the scene of the crime in an open space battle against the rebels! Better yet, why would Vader have to worry about the legalities of holding her and have to create a false narrative of everyone aboard being killed just so the Senate wouldn't come down on the Empire? According to RO, he personally witnessed Leia and her men at the scene of the crime, they (Vader and the Empire) can do whatever they want. It don't make sense my man and any excuse people come up with to make RO work undermines the scenes that occur in Star Wars. What's so bold about Vader's actions according to Leia if he witnessed them fleeing first hand? Nothing.

The funny thing is, if they hadn't filmed and added that totally cool, awesometacular, Vader killing rebels video game scene last minute, (4 months before release, lol) and simply left it at Vader telling that officer to "prepare a boarding party", then it would have actually matched up! They blew itttt!

Last edited:
Back