Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holy ****, that's exactly what I was going for when I typed that. :lol I just watched Cop Land last night, how did you do that.

Next spinoff Star Wars movie should be 2 1/2 hours of all CG Vader vs. Yoda fighting full video game style.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Don't forget geriatric Obi-Wan. If Vader and Yoda can do fancy superhero **** the kids are into these days, Obi-Wan should be able to too. If an 80 year old Christopher Lee can move like superman, do flips over rails and twirl a lightsaber like an in prime swordsman, then so should a 60 something Alec Guinness. I propose another retcon! Disney, remake the Ben vs Vader scene. They already proved how well they can make a convincing CGI Tarkin and Leia (lol), time to take the next step and fix that lightsaber duel to match the four prequel movies!

Bro, the Stormtroopers popped up behind Han and the gang, Vader was just chilling at the table! They technically did flank him (and Boba too).

Yep, in ESB it was just Vader and his prey shooting live rounds at him until he secured the area himself. *Then* his troops showed up to flank him. Just like RO.

28cad54a141a91b2ec77af5c5535e70409836b15.PNG

So awesome how the two films sync up perfectly in that regard. :rock

The events of RO can't happen for the simple fact that the Tantive IV, Princess Leia's ship, was involved in a flagship in an actual battle. RO contradicts all the discussions Vader has with Leia and his officers. In Star Wars, Vader merely has a hunch that Leia isn't on some diplomatic mercy mission as he calls it. In RO, he straight up sees that they're involved. In this case, why would that officer worry about holding her hostage and the legalities of boarding the Tantive IV? She was caught at the scene of the crime in an open space battle against the rebels! Better yet, why would Vader have to worry about the legalities of holding her and have to create a false narrative of everyone aboard being killed just so the Senate wouldn't come down on the Empire? According to RO, he personally witnessed Leia and her men at the scene of the crime, they (Vader and the Empire) can do whatever they want. It don't make sense my man and any excuse people come up with to make RO work undermines the scenes that occur in Star Wars. What's so bold about Vader's actions according to Leia if he witnessed them fleeing first hand? Nothing.

So easily explained. Vader's Star Destroyer had to make one or more hyperspace jumps to catch up with the Rebel Blockade Runner. When they finally caught up with them above Tatooine who knows if that was the same Corellian Corvette that fled Scarif. Vader assumed it was but the one officer was all "**** man, a member of the Alderaanian Royal Family on board? We better be right that this is the same ship or we're in deep here..."

Sitting at a table waiting for Han, Leia and Chewie to show up for tea is way different than going into a flagship by yourself and hacking all the blaster wielding troopers aboard it. You strawman postin, ad hominem makin' hooligan!

And oh yeah, the classic, "wellll, it IS the Tantive IV afterall, there could be others just like it. Vader is just pretending to be stupid!". :lol

You ****ing prequel people and your fiction to make them make sense makes me sick. SICK. You guys twist the originals around to fit your little prequels when Star Wars has always been about Luke Skywalker and friends. Any deviance from that adventure, whether it's Attack of the Clones (with Lucas twisting the story and saying it's all about Anakin), Force Awakens (with Kathleen Kennedy twisting the story and saying it's all about Rey Rey) or Rogue One (a war movie that happens 10 mins before the real story lol) isn't Star Wars and should be viewed as illegitimate. You should be ashamed.

I bet you think the Jyn dolls are better than the Leia dolls too, and want to order a Jyn (imperial disguise) before Leia (Hoth). Disgusting.

Your recollection is amiss. Leia's message to Obi-wan was "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the
Clone Wars, now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has come under attack..."

Yes she was racing home but she was always planning to stop and see Obi-Wan at her father's request along the way.

"stop and see Obi-Wan"? Like... for coffee you mean?:lol

Her ship is already under attack in the very first frame of Star Wars, and the crawl just seconds before specifically states that she is racing home. In the RO retcon, why would she be heading to Alderaan? Leia and Antilles ("Captain Antilles, I have a mission for you") were just specifically chosen by Bail for an urgent mission to send for his "friend, the Jedi." Leia is not going home at the end of RO, even despite now having the plans (if she was headed anywhere else, you'd think it would be Yavin.)

The whole RO/ANH junction renders so many things as non-sensical. You never answered this tiny sampling:

- Vader says "Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by Rebel Spies..." but.... a single transmission was beamed to a Rebel Frigate/Flagship, not to "this (Tantive) ship" he's just boarded. And Vader himself WATCHED as a data disc was passed through a doorway into the Tantive just hours earlier. Is he just a little mixed up?

- And "Where are those transmissions you intercepted?" he asks Antilles earlier. "Intercepted"? NOTHING was intercepted. Data was beamed from a storage facility to a Rebel Frigate and then hand-carried into the Tantive - at no point do the Rebels, nor certainly the Tantive crew, "intercept" anything.

- And "you are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor..." - DUH, dude! You were both just at a massive Rebels Vs Empire battle a few hours earlier and you SAW her ship take the plans and blast away from a Rebel Frigate. So yup - I THINK she might be "part of the Rebel Alliance."

- "I have traced the Rebel Spies to her..." really? Genius of the year award for you, Darth! You followed her DIRECTLY from a Rebel Frigate that was part of a Rebel/Empire battle a few hours earlier. Nice "tracing"!

- Even the whole iconic opening corridor battle of ANH is now diminished because it directly follows the Vader/saber fan-service scene - we now watch two "rebel corridor attacks" back to back.

Just leave well enough alone Talibane, you're never gonna win this. :lol :wave

Is that said as the fighter or the referee... or both?:dunno

"stop and see Obi-Wan"? Like... for coffee you mean?:lol

Her ship is already under attack in the very first frame of Star Wars, and the crawl just seconds before specifically states that she is racing home. In the RO retcon, why would she be heading to Alderaan? Leia and Antilles ("Captain Antilles, I have a mission for you") were just specifically chosen by Bail for an urgent mission to send for his "friend, the Jedi." Leia is not going home at the end of RO, even despite now having the plans (if she was headed anywhere else, you'd think it would be Yavin.)

The whole RO/ANH junction renders so many things as non-sensical. You never answered this tiny sampling:

- Vader says "Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by Rebel Spies..." but.... a single transmission was beamed to a Rebel Frigate/Flagship, not to "this (Tantive) ship" he's just boarded. And Vader himself WATCHED as a data disc was passed through a doorway into the Tantive just hours earlier. Is he just a little mixed up?

- And "Where are those transmissions you intercepted?" he asks Antilles earlier. "Intercepted"? NOTHING was intercepted. Data was beamed from a storage facility to a Rebel Frigate and then hand-carried into the Tantive - at no point do the Rebels, nor certainly the Tantive crew, "intercept" anything.

- And "you are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor..." - DUH, dude! You were both just at a massive Rebels Vs Empire battle a few hours earlier and you SAW her ship take the plans and blast away from a Rebel Frigate. So yup - I THINK she might be "part of the Rebel Alliance."

- "I have traced the Rebel Spies to her..." really? Genius of the year award for you, Darth! You followed her DIRECTLY from a Rebel Frigate that was part of a Rebel/Empire battle a few hours earlier. Nice "tracing"!

- Even the whole iconic opening corridor battle of ANH is now diminished because it directly follows the Vader/saber fan-service scene - we now watch two "rebel corridor attacks" back to back.

xgz9nkR.gif

wtf I love the holiday special boba fett now

Where's the last page that discusses this doll for those who don't want to engage in nerd virgin text stories. TIA

Sitting at a table waiting for Han, Leia and Chewie to show up for tea is way different than going into a flagship by yourself and hacking all the blaster wielding troopers aboard it. You strawman postin, ad hominem makin' hooligan!

We already established in the Rogue One thread that I literally can't lose these debates, I can't! No amount of tag teaming will ever change that. And here you are, yet again coming back for more. :D

And oh yeah, the classic, "wellll, it IS the Tantive IV afterall, there could be others just like it. Vader is just pretending to be stupid!". :lol

Oh that's right I forgot the deleted scene where Vader stops to go into the future and listen to the EU 1981 Radio Drama that first named Leia's ship as "Tantive IV." :D As opposed to just tracking an unnamed ship across the far reaches of space. What's cool is that this stuff doesn't really need to be spelled out on account of ESB Vader taking one glance at some random generators on a screen and going "Rebels! And Skywalker!" So apparently he doesn't need a whole lot to zero in on someone he's hunting.

You ****ing prequel people and your fiction to make them make sense makes me sick. SICK. You guys twist the originals around to fit your little prequels when Star Wars has always been about Luke Skywalker and friends. Any deviance from that adventure, whether it's Attack of the Clones (with Lucas twisting the story and saying it's all about Anakin), Force Awakens (with Kathleen Kennedy twisting the story and saying it's all about Rey Rey) or Rogue One (a war movie that happens 10 mins before the real story lol) isn't Star Wars and should be viewed as illegitimate. You should be ashamed.

:lol

I bet you think the Jyn dolls are better than the Leia dolls too, and want to order a Jyn (imperial disguise) before Leia (Hoth). Disgusting.

Quit stalking my buying habits! :panic:

Where's the last page that discusses this doll for those who don't want to engage in nerd virgin text stories. TIA

That's right, the midichlorians conceived my kids. I *am* Darth Plagueis. :lecture

xgz9nkR.gif

wtf I love the holiday special boba fett now

Smartest, coolest guy in the room surrounded by mugging smart*sses that don't come off as smart as they think they do.

I don't see how that's relevant.:monkey3:rotfl

giphy.gif

We already established in the Rogue One thread that I literally can't lose these debates, I can't! No amount of tag teaming will ever change that. And here you are, yet again coming back for more. :D

Actually, in the Rogue One thread we established that you can't tolerate even minor criticism of RO and switch from full-blown combatant to "objective" referee in the same fight. Oh, with the ability to delete and issue warnings (that would be for having a different opinion) so yuuup... you can't lose these debates. :lol

I've been waiting for an ESB Leia to display with my Bespin Luke, too bad this figure doesn't have swapable hairpiece.

Yeah....I just simply like Star Wars in general. :lol

(Referring to the back and forth from the last two pages)

I like this Hoth Leia figure. Very nice work. Keep it up Hot Toys!

Chiming in fast kine though: I can see valid points on both sides of how RO affects ANH or how it can be explained. But I personally can just look past them and enjoy both movies.

I like this Hoth Leia figure. Very nice work. Keep it up Hot Toys!

Chiming in fast kine though: I can see valid points on both sides of how RO affects ANH or how it can be explained. But I personally can just look past them and enjoy both movies.

My point is, people should be allowed to voice the negative side without being attacked. Especially by a mod who's in the playground swinging fists, then suddenly becomes the teacher warning you on "negativity"... from the same fight.:slap

I liked RO - a lot - but it does have some significant negatives and this "Star Wars apostasy" mentality to any word against it bugs me, so I engage in kind... yup, the reason I extended my temporary sig.:lol

Back