1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!

It's tricky because HT tends to do better with the second version. I think I may cancel my order but I like the extras of the jacket and the cat.

Yea i personally think the solo figure looks great but i have a feeling the second version will be the kicker. Ill try to get the jacket and cat parted out.

Saw an early preview of the film today thanks to Marvel friends and family event, and gotta say, I’m not sure I really want this figure now. It wasn't the best movie I've seen so far, but wasn't the worse either. Not sure how I feel about Captain Marvel.

She may kick ass in Infinity War: Endgame and boost this figure up, but for now the movie was average by far. :panic:

Where'd you see it? I might cancel my order

I'll post this here for those that would like to see the next suit:
Spoiler Spoiler:

So the post credits scene leaked..somewhere..teasing the next film. There is a few pictures going around. I wont post it cuz its a huge spoiler. But I will say, it may be best to wait for the next carol figure they make because the suit looks so much better...in the next film. Much more "super hero" suit and gold plated. And i like her hair better personally.

Just saying it for all the "im going to preorder now!" guys. Maybe just hold up a bit and save your nrd. You may change your mind in a few days and decide to wait it out. I only say this because i was about to preorder before i just saw it as well.

I prefer this suit. The next figure might have rooted hair so it's best to get this one to be safe. You never know with Hot Toys.

passing on this one. hope the film does well enough to constitute a star force suit version - THAT is a quick preorder for me. kinda disappointed in the reviews - hopefully i can go in with low ecpectations and have them exceeded.

passing on this one. hope the film does well enough to constitute a star force suit version - THAT is a quick preorder for me. kinda disappointed in the reviews - hopefully i can go in with low ecpectations and have them exceeded.

Trust me, if you love the MCU, you'll love this film. I had HIGH expectations for this film and it exceeded them. I'd place it over the upper half of the MCU and it is WAY better than Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger (fell asleep in both). It kinda had a Captain America: The Winter Soldier meets Guardians of the Galaxy vibe. Would also love a Starforce suit figure!

Watched it twice today (even better the second time) and here's my phase 3 ranking:

1. Infinity War
2. Civil War
3. Doctor Strange
4. Thor: Ragnarok
5. Captain Marvel
6. Spider-Man: Homecoming = Black Panther
7. Ant-Man and the Wasp
8. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

My opinion of the film:

I was fortuanate enough to have been invited to a Marvel friends and family early screening of Captain Marvel yesterday (thank you Cousin!), and wanted to share my thoughts (no spoilers).

For a movie that touts itself as "higher, further, faster", the motto and motivation of Captain Marvel, the movie fell short of that expectation. The movie was slow paced, tried to be as humorous as past Marvel movies, and just didn't have you rooting for the main character. Granted, the action sequences and special effects are awesome like you would expect from a Marvel movie, but this isn't the 'must see' movie as past Marvel movies. It is a 'must see' before seeing Avengers: Endgame though.

Let me know what you think if you see the movie - curious to get others' opinions on this! If I have to give this movie a letter grade, I would give it a C+.

It's amazing how different everyone thinks of this movie! 53864666_10103349428220872_2500181569164017664_n.jpg

I’m seeing it tomorrow night. Looking forward to it but don’t have high expectations. I went into Doctor Strange with the same expectations and was blown away. I don’t foresee this happening here tho.
Btw my top 5 MCU movies are
IW
Ragnarok
Civil War
Gotg 1
Avengers

I’m not seeing it until Sunday. I’m not super excited about it, but I’ll be happy that Marvel social media can stop shoving it down our throats. Still don’t like the idea of a “deus ex machina” type role in Endgame. I wanna see our hero’s who we’ve loved for years overcome the obstacle, not tag in OP super star.

I’m not seeing it until Sunday. I’m not super excited about it, but I’ll be happy that Marvel social media can stop shoving it down our throats. Still don’t like the idea of a “deus ex machina” type role in Endgame. I wanna see our hero’s who we’ve loved for years overcome the obstacle, not tag in OP super star.

Blame the market that would not support a female superhero back in phase 1.

You know, I didn't even notice that when watching the movie tonight...!

It's in the stinger at the end of the movie. A bootleg of the stinger has been making it's rounds on Youtube, do a search for Captain Marvel End Credits every now and then, you might be lucky and find it before Disney takes it down again.
Blame terrible movies like Electra and Catwoman for making studios cautious.
:rotfl

Back