1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Battle Damaged Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks more like Thanos? face from his encounter with young Gamora in the soul realm?...

Yeah, don't think the face fits that Endgame scene with the Stark Gauntlet. He had a surprised/shocked look on his face, not a sad look.

The more I look at this, the more I would say this is the definitive Endgame Thanos. Everything from the Nano Gauntlet, to the broken Heliblade. Even the HS just screams what a failure Thanos was in EG. It's a perfect representation for the movie. But there's a lot of annoyances like the Heliblade is a tad too small, the blood on the HS is too much, doesn't come with the molded arm (that means it will put stress on the plastic arm if bent) and the armor is a bit too clean. If you notice in the movie, Thanos's armor is all one colour by the end of the fight, there's no black seperation in the armor, maybe all covered by dust. But what a figure! I need it in my collection to compliment BD Mark 85 for sure now.

See, my display will be the avengers fighting thanos, with the very front a crouched BD Mark 85 performing the snap.

Thanos...was not overly memorable in EG. His armor and sword were, but he had his big moment in IW. What is iconic though is Iron Man sacrificing himself.

I think this figure is going to see some steep discounts. Also, if your going to have one Thanos, the headsculpt that came with the first and second figure is just too good (the closed mouth...subtle grin look.)

That new sculpt is superb but really the only thing going for it in my opinion. I think I?ll hold with the clean fig 👍🏻

84871707_10157890245213685_5703960016424271872_o.jpg

:rotfl

"Oh no....."

Now you can have Defeated Thanos on your shelf...

I'm disappointed in the sculpts they choose. I'm not saying their bad but HT's triple dipping on the angry face is a bit annoying and I think the "Oh Crap" one was the wrong one to choose *IF* They were going to reuse an old one. If they were going to go with a reissued head then i think the best expression should have been the smirk when he is saying "I'm inevitable." I think the new worried one looks fine if you plan on buying the mark 85 and displaying that scene. But without the Iron Man I think he looks silly like that by himself. The Smirk works with or without the 85 or even without prior knowledge of the scene because it's just a bad-ass evil villain look. It would have been nice if we got both the Smirk and the worried expression as new head sculpts but since we are only really getting one I feel like this was the weaker of the two choices.

Also, his blood should not be red. I went back to the IW scene where Tony makes him bleed and it?s definitely purple looking blood.

I wonder if purple blood on a figure just didn't come out well, but red stands out better. Purple on Purple might look weird on a figure.

Will not preorder.... will wait for the inevitable discounted price once it sits on sideshow shelfs as infinity war has

In 2 years I may place my order

The be fair, the same can probably be said for the regular armored Thanos :lol

Agreed. Including both the (concerned & smirking heads), along with the posed arm would've prompted buyers (whom already purchased the regular EG version) to push the bang button... Plus, an appropriately scaled rubble base would've spoke volumes, concerning this release, as collectors would have been able to utilize the "defeated" head sculpt and related pose...

Talk about recycling ! It is good for the planet and so on.........but HTs are using the same teeth gritting head sculpt on 3 thanos figures now... pure Lazy !

Where is the smirk head sculpt ?

Excellent looking figure. As someone else mentioned though, I’m sure not one person should be surprised by this release.

It’s a great figure to pair with BD Mk85, but that’s about it imo. It’s quite scene specific, as most BD figures are. The shocked expression sculpt only goes well for a display scene when Tony snatched the stones from him. I prefer the neutral sculpt the regular version includes, and I like the fact it can represent both IW and EG Thanos.

It's the expression just before he turns to dust.
I?m not sure it is. If anything it might be his face when the portals have appeared and he realises he?s loosing, or his face when he realises he doesn?t have the stones.. but those are more shocked than sad looking?...

Back