1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Endgame Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm genuinely in a crisis whether to stick to my pre-order of the Infinity War Thor re-release or cancel and see how either this Thor or the next Thor movie figure looks
What do you guys think?

I'm genuinely in a crisis whether to stick to my pre-order of the Infinity War Thor re-release or cancel and see how either this Thor or the next Thor movie figure looks
What do you guys think?

Infinity War: I know first hand it is the best quality Thor figure released so far. Great likeness, many display options, was seen in both IW and EG so very versatile. Plus you’d get it the soonest. I’d say it’s your safest bet.

Endgame: Obviously not fully shown yet but given Hot Toys’ track record, they’re probably going to knock it out of the park. There’s a chance they don’t, but really I think it just depends if you prefer the robust design over IW. Also going to come with a more accurate stormbreaker if that’s a deciding factor for you.

Love and Thunder: Given it’s a Taika film, there’s a pretty good chance his costume in the movie is gonna stray a bit from a “traditional” Thor outfit, especially since Jane Foster will be taking the mantle in the film. The figure also won’t be released for at least 3 years. Definitely the biggest wildcard out of your options.

Infinity War: I know first hand it is the best quality Thor figure released so far. Great likeness, many display options, was seen in both IW and EG so very versatile. Plus you’d get it the soonest. I’d say it’s your safest bet.

Endgame: Obviously not fully shown yet but given Hot Toys’ track record, they’re probably going to knock it out of the park. There’s a chance they don’t, but really I think it just depends if you prefer the robust design over IW. Also going to come with a more accurate stormbreaker if that’s a deciding factor for you.

Love and Thunder: Given it’s a Taika film, there’s a pretty good chance his costume in the movie is gonna stray a bit from a “traditional” Thor outfit, especially since Jane Foster will be taking the mantle in the film. The figure also won’t be released for at least 3 years. Definitely the biggest wildcard out of your options.

plus 3 years from now a hot toys figure like thor will probably be over $300

Thanks guys! This really helps - think i'll keep the pre-order, like you say it is a great figure and a safe bet. If I like the endgame sculpt I'll keep an eye out for people parting out their figures, same with the Stormbreaker. Endgame sculpt on Infinity War body would be pretty sick!
As for Love and Thunder your right - its a LONG way away and there are no guarantees (especially on price!)

What do you guys think?

I have the IW Thor but plan to grab EG Thor as well. If the EG sculpt looks good on the IW body, I plan to display it like that with the presumably (hopefully) updated Stormbreaker.

If the EG sculpt looks funny on the IW body, I'll probably end up selling off IW in favor of FaThor.

EG Thor should come with interchangeable head with lightup eyes, I will be dissapointed if it do not.

thor eyes.JPG

Hopefully this comes with an ex version with an exchangeable stomach plate with thin/ fat options, and also with a short hair bd face would be nice

Hopefully this comes with an ex version with an exchangeable stomach plate with thin/ fat options, and also with a short hair bd face would be nice

Wouldn?t that just be the Infinity War version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn?t that just be the Infinity War version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that makes no sense. He doesn't get any thinner, especially when he's ready for battle, which this version will be.

Just wishful thinking.. Perhaps as an incentive to the peeps who got screwed over the insanely small stormbreaker if they haven?t already bought the upgraded one.. They pretty much made a near perfect thor already minus the articulated hip functions.. We need a DX release version of thor imo with swappable capabilities on both arms and the belly with enhanced lower body movement

Yeah that makes no sense. He doesn't get any thinner, especially when he's ready for battle, which this version will be.

We need a DX release version of thor imo with swappable capabilities on both arms and the belly with enhanced lower body movement

How do you expect swappable capability for the belly to be done? Unless they provide another whole torso.. yea I doubt that will happen.

Really hope they fix Stormbreaker of this EG Thor. It's way too small on IW Thor.

Back