1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Endgame Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually it?s not really 2 years. It just seems that way because we are coming to the end of 2019, and this releases beginning of 2021.
If the preorder came out during spring of this year, the release date would be like maybe summer/fall of next year.

Very good point

So I was watching a secret base video of him and noticed hot toys put some gold around storm breakers lettering. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be there but couldn't find any pix with it on it from the film. Can anyone confirm it had gold in the movie?

So I was watching a secret base video of him and noticed hot toys put some gold around storm breakers lettering. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be there but couldn't find any pix with it on it from the film. Can anyone confirm it had gold in the movie?

Yeah I noticed that in the secret base photos, and now that I look at the other action proto pics it?s definitely there. Odd

Where did you see the video?

I see a lot of praise for this prototype, but I have to disagree. It's an okay sculpt...and in my opinion it's kinda inaccurate. HT gave him a chubby face, but in the movie his face did not seem to have any noticeable weight gain, it was mostly all in his gut.

Look at this face here...it's not fatter...

5cd43211021b4c3dd71669fc-750-562.jpg

87215de8ec78fc292e1ea5e66cfbebc3.jpg

I see a lot of praise for this prototype, but I have to disagree. It's an okay sculpt...and in my opinion it's kinda inaccurate. HT gave him a chubby face, but in the movie his face did not seem to have any noticeable weight gain, it was mostly all in his gut.

Agreed, but I actually think this figure interpretation is actually a little more realistic. Yes, the movie is basically Thor with a fat suit gut on. But the figure actually has the fuller legs and face that somebody over years gaining 50 pounds would start to look like.

From a figure standpoint, I really like the interpretation they did from the movie.

Agreed, but I actually think this figure interpretation is actually a little more realistic. Yes, the movie is basically Thor with a fat suit gut on. But the figure actually has the fuller legs and face that somebody over years gaining 50 pounds would start to look like.

From a figure standpoint, I really like the interpretation they did from the movie.

HTs isn't about interpretations though, it's about replication from film to 1/6th form. HT shouldn't be taking liberties like that. I really wanted this figure, but if they keep the fat face, this will sadly be a pass from me.

HTs isn't about interpretations though, it's about replication from film to 1/6th form. HT shouldn't be taking liberties like that. I really wanted this figure, but if they keep the fat face, this will sadly be a pass from me.

To each their own, but I think this is a must have from Endgame. Looks great and will be awesome with the other figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20191014_175202.jpg

20191014_175243.jpg

Pretty sure it's just the lighting in those pictures giving him the fat cheeks. Looks fine here and other regular photos.

I think the face looks spot on.
My only complaint is the hair length. It wasn?t as long as hot Toys is making it. Should loose this much from the line down
4c9ea87f23b92d785149d1ae18551336.jpg

But either way I still love it

Although Endgame Thor isn't my favourite representation of the character, I do think this is easily Hot Toys best attempt at capturing Hemsworth's on-screen likeness as the GoT in 1/6. For me, they've pretty much nailed it.

Although Endgame Thor isn't my favourite representation of the character, I do think this is easily Hot Toys best attempt at capturing Hemsworth's on-screen likeness as the GoT in 1/6. For me, they've pretty much nailed it.

As much as I enjoy it, Endgame Thor probably isn?t my favorite representation either but I do love the Viking look so I?m very happy they nailed the likeness. I?d been tempted to get the AOU Thor for the long haired look but now I don?t need to because this does it better.

As for the cheeks, I thought the same for a second but I think it?s just the beard. The cheeks don?t seem too big, but I think because the beard is sculpted it makes the face look a bit chubbier. IIRC, that was a bit of an issue with the ROTS Obi-Wan.

I'll prob do that too and also get that amazing headsculpt...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agree with u IMO this lacks *perfection*. Unfortunately for me I guess $$$$ I've only got one Thor, prefer him with long hair, and friggin' loved the lightning call. They could've dragged it out in slo-mo and I'd still be wallowing in joy. Plus IMO kudos to MCU and HT for giving us a THICC Thor.

For me it kinda evokes the aging god/Odin Viking thing - not a one-to-one look, but something ancient and feral. So, *&&^% it. For me, HT wins:nana:. Might as well send them a check right now.:dumbo:

What pages would one go to later to find just the Stormbreaker when it releases?

E-bay usually has stuff parted out early. Toy Anxiety if you can get to it before anyone else. Monkey Depot the same, off the top of my head. Black Ops Toys maybe. It'll still cost yah for true HT parts, especially something everyone wants.

Back