1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame - Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me or are the gun holding hands terrible.

I have to twist the hands further into the gun grips in order to get a secure hold. As such they’re not holding the guns straight on, but at a slight angle.

I don't own the Endgame Rocket but both GotG Vol. 1 and 2 had the same issue.

Is it just me or are the gun holding hands terrible.

I have to twist the hands further into the gun grips in order to get a secure hold. As such they’re not holding the guns straight on, but at a slight angle.

I only need to look at him and he drops a gun

I only need to look at him and he drops a gun

That?s real disappointing.

I?ll see about displaying him without the guns then.

NONONONONONONO, YOU HAVE IT COMPLETELY WRONG! Come on and think about this logically, I have GotG 1 & 2 versions as well as EG version. Every version includes guns and trigger hands, I mean they even show how to get him holding the guns in the directions for each version.

You can totally display every version of Rocket holding his gun, I?ve found the key to keep him from dropping them...

Don?t look at him :chillpill:

NONONONONONONO, YOU HAVE IT COMPLETELY WRONG! Come on and think about this logically, I have GotG 1 & 2 versions as well as EG version. Every version includes guns and trigger hands, I mean they even show how to get him holding the guns in the directions for each version.

You can totally display every version of Rocket holding his gun, I’ve found the key to keep him from dropping them...

Don’t look at him :chillpill:

That’s like a Schrodingers Cat situation. Until you look at your figure he’s both holding and not holding his guns, and you won’t know which until you view them.

That?s like a Schrodingers Cat situation

EXACTLY! It?s also like the visual representation of hearing a tree fall in the woods :lol

On a serious note though, I had the GotG 1 Rocket and Groot posed together (Rocket standing on Groot?s shoulders) since they were released with Rocket holding that gigantic ?I live for the simple things... like how much this is going to hurt? weapon. It was so sturdily attached that Rocket would fall off Groot?s shoulder before the gun would even move. Same situation for my GotG 2 Rocket Deluxe holding the Gatling gun looking monster in that both oversized weapons stayed posed with little to no fuss. I?d imagine that had much to do with how Rocket?s forearm needed to be fed into the Gatling gun and the Vol. 1 gun was a 2 hander so as much as a I feel that EG Rocket is superior and my overall favorite, the guns will fall simply passing in front of the display.

A trick that I thought would help as it?s helped other figure hands hold onto some accessories better would be to heat up the hands, making the grip tighter. Unfortunately the problem with this Rocket is the grips on the guns are just a tad too large for the hands so the best I?ve come up with is a small piece of mounting tape which helps a bit. It?s the same stuff I used to put the goggles over the brow of the closed mouth head swapped from GotG 2 Rocket.

I had my V1 rocket holding his big gun forever and one day i noticed he had fallen over and the gun was in two pieces. The glue on part of the gun failed and came apart knocking him off balance ( he was standing without a stand). Glued it back together and he has been fine every since. I have not had any issues with EG rocket dropping anything yet.

He is cool (for $130 i paid).

IMG_3293 (změněno).jpg

Ah, gotcha! You got yourself a great deal there!

Yup, thanks. I have all three Rockets now. First one only because of adult Groot from double pack, second one now only for second head :D Damn you, HT, you are not making this hobby easy :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally caved and bought this guy. I know Ebay has him cheap but I'm hesitant to buy from Ebay sellers from China. Found him for $172 shipped from Toys Wonderland out of China. First time buying from them.

Finally caved and bought this guy. I know Ebay has him cheap but I'm hesitant to buy from Ebay sellers from China. Found him for $172 shipped from Toys Wonderland out of China. First time buying from them.

I've bought a few things from them. Comes well packaged and have never had any issues.

Will any of the previous head sculpts fit on EG Rocket? I’m considering picking up the GOTG 2 Rocket and would probably use the not screaming HS on theirs guy too (assuming it fits of course without changing the neck joint too).

Will any of the previous head sculpts fit on EG Rocket? I’m considering picking up the GOTG 2 Rocket and would probably use the not screaming HS on theirs guy too (assuming it fits of course without changing the neck joint too).

Both heads from the GOTG 2 will fit fine on the EG rocket. It is nice to have the non screaming head as an option on the EG body. That said if you want to use the googles you will have to figure out a method. Several people in the forum have found some inconspicuous solutions.

I am currently using a tiny bit of mounting tape to stick the goggles on the GotG2 Rocket head. It?s barely noticeable unless you are within 6 inches of the figure and it?s a worthy trade off In my opinion. The EG Rocket is my favorite version but HT?s decision was completely wrong including the screaming head because the character?s performance was more chilled in EG than any previous movie he was featured in.

Pro-Tip: Because the mounting tape is white, I used a black sharpie along the edges after cutting the tape to the size of the goggles which helps hide/blend them to the forehead.

Attachments

• 85CAEE52-0EEE-40C6-801D-BBAA5A5EDF6F.jpg
    85CAEE52-0EEE-40C6-801D-BBAA5A5EDF6F.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 134
  • AC06411F-AC5C-48B7-92DE-EADD7FE37FB1.jpg
    AC06411F-AC5C-48B7-92DE-EADD7FE37FB1.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 133
Back