1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame - Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the pages shown are determined by how many posts you opt to view on a given page. I have it set at the max value of 40 if I recall, thus currently 9 pages at the moment.

I have all 3 versions and think you get more bang for your buck obviously with the GOTG2 version. I just wished they included that rifle that came with the 2-pack with Groot.

I believe the pages shown are determined by how many posts you opt to view on a given page. I have it set at the max value of 40 if I recall, thus currently 9 pages at the moment.

I have all 3 versions and think you get more bang for your buck obviously with the GOTG2 version. I just wished they included that rifle that came with the 2-pack with Groot.

I agree that GOTG 2 Rocket is the version with the most bang for your buck, he comes with a lot of stuff and is a really good figure. However I really liked the comic book inspired outfit he had in Endgame. That?s why I combined elements of the GOTG 2 version together with the Endgame figure ...this created the best representation of Rocket (for me).

Attachments

• 3F758CF9-982F-41DF-82F5-D4B3540D9C50.jpeg
    3F758CF9-982F-41DF-82F5-D4B3540D9C50.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 851ECCC1-0E6F-4B01-9815-A0D16164284C.jpeg
    851ECCC1-0E6F-4B01-9815-A0D16164284C.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 228
That looks great, I have Endgame Rocket too but had considered seeing if I could get hold of either the parts from or a full Vol2 figure to do something similar eventually - any risk of damaging the suit with him wearing the Aero-Rigs?

That looks great, I have Endgame Rocket too but had considered seeing if I could get hold of either the parts from or a full Vol2 figure to do something similar eventually - any risk of damaging the suit with him wearing the Aero-Rigs?

Thanks I also really like this look for him, as soon as they announced this Endgame version my hope was to combine it with items from GOTG vol 2 but like you I was concerned about the Aero-rig fitting. As it turns out the Aero-rig was not a problem at it fit fine. The only issue I had was having this Endgame Rocket hold the BFG from vol. 2. I had to take off Endgame Rocket’s leather like gauntlet on his right arm to get it to fit through the space provided for on the gun, it was just too tight a fit with it on. However once the gauntlet was removed he was able to easily hold that gun as you see in the picture above.

That said if you are worried about any rubbing damage on the shoulder area you could affix some thin foam or fabric (like on the inside of Thanos’ helmet) to insure there won’t be any issues. The Aero-rig should still easily fit even with such a protective measure.

I hope this helps, btw my name is also Chris :)

I hope HT goes all out with a GotG 3 Rocket, extra head sculpts and weapons galore. I’ve been close to getting one of these figs but they need more variety in the face expressions for me to justify dropping that kind of coin for a raccoon action figure.

I hope HT goes all out with a GotG 3 Rocket, extra head sculpts and weapons galore. I’ve been close to getting one of these figs but they need more variety in the face expressions for me to justify dropping that kind of coin for a raccoon action figure.

I hope they give the next one the Chewbacca treatment. Make him with fur instead of sculpted fur. Funny how I don't like figures with doll hair but fur characters it's different.

I hope they give the next one the Chewbacca treatment. Make him with fur instead of sculpted fur. Funny how I don't like figures with doll hair but fur characters it's different.

I had thought the results of the fury Chewbacca were mixed. But it’s an interesting idea.

Got this guy for a good price today and love him! Definitely a much more different experience than a 12” Hot Toys figure and trying to be extra careful given smaller means more likely to break, but now that I’ve got a feel for what he can do I’m really happy with him.

174CB05E-D02E-4582-B9C4-36387D941097.jpeg29AE27F3-E23B-4FAB-87AB-0388B7C173E1.jpeg355617FD-E0B2-4587-AD5D-95963AE15440.jpeg

I think Wicket has shown that they can do fur well. That's the type of fur I could see them doing on a future Rocket figure. They really need to do something different to entice folks to keep buying this half size figure for full size money. With you on preferring sculpted female hair but interested in what fur could look like on this guy...

Got this guy for a good price today and love him! Definitely a much more different experience than a 12” Hot Toys figure and trying to be extra careful given smaller means more likely to break, but now that I’ve got a feel for what he can do I’m really happy with him.

View attachment 511201View attachment 511202View attachment 511203

Congratulations on the acquisition, I’m glad you like him!

I think this Rocket is another sort of under-appreciated release. This is a great figure with a lot of accessories.

I love how you have him posed, showing all that Rocket attitude!

Congratulations on the acquisition, I?m glad you like him!

I think this Rocket is another sort of under-appreciated release. This is a great figure with a lot of accessories.

I love how you have him posed, showing all that Rocket attitude!
Thanks! Yeah I'm glad I picked him up. Wasn't really a must-have for me but thought I might grab him if Sideshow tossed in free shipping or a promo code. Then he up and sold out the other week so I looked elsewhere and pulled the trigger. This little guy has so much personality!

Here's Rocket just telling the way it's gonna be.

DSC_0357.jpgDSC_0350.jpg

Yeah Spanbauer this Rocket is great and does have a lot of personality!
And IMO this costume is the best looking most comic accurate version by far!

Yeah Spanbauer this Rocket is great and does have a lot of personality!
And IMO this costume is the best looking most comic accurate version by far!
Yeah it's a good look and this outfit just so happens to hide the previously exposed joints of past Rocket figures.

Obligatory action pose!

DSC_0286.jpg

He excels in action poses!!

Are you going to get the Endgame Iron Patriot and pair it with Rocket?
Nah, too rich for my blood but I’ll be watching the review videos and checking out the final product photos!

Yeah the sculpt is great for action poses but body language can totally change the meaning of the sculpt which I love. Makes for a lot of fun display options.

“That’s a fake laugh!”

DSC_0167.jpgDSC_0174.jpgDSC_0178.jpgDSC_0192.jpgDSC_0205.jpgDSC_0261.jpgDSC_0266.jpg

Thanks! Yeah I'm glad I picked him up. Wasn't really a must-have for me but thought I might grab him if Sideshow tossed in free shipping or a promo code. Then he up and sold out the other week so I looked elsewhere and pulled the trigger. This little guy has so much personality!

Here's Rocket just telling the way it's gonna be.

View attachment 511256

Wow, great job styling Gamora's hair!

I always thought this version of Rocket's face was too specific (especially compared to the complete stoicism from most HTs), but then Spanbauer comes along. Awesomely expressive shots!

Wow, great job styling Gamora's hair!
Thank you! It’s a never-ending journey with that hair.

I always thought this version of Rocket's face was too specific (especially compared to the complete stoicism from most HTs), but then Spanbauer comes along. Awesomely expressive shots!
Lol, happy to be of service! I was hoping the articulation and included hands would allow for what I had in mind and he did not disappoint.

Retook the laughing pose photo today with lighting that would conceal the neck joint though...

DSC_0109.jpg

Plus making off with the gauntlet.

DSC_0021.jpgDSC_0030.jpg

Thank you! It’s a never-ending journey with that hair.

Lol, happy to be of service! I was hoping the articulation and included hands would allow for what I had in mind and he did not disappoint.

Retook the laughing pose photo today with lighting that would conceal the neck joint though...

View attachment 511418

Plus making off with the gauntlet.

View attachment 511419View attachment 511420

Wow man thanks for these recent shots!!!

You really do a great job of showing how well this sculpt can effectively emote different emotions!

Thanks

So I broke my first Hot Toys peg yesterday :eek:

I busted Rocket's tail off by trying to bend it without first confirming which direction the peg was facing. Thankfully the tail is just held on by a standard peg and Hot Toys graciously included a spare in the box, so after fishing out the broken halves with some tweezers, the crisis was averted.

rockettail.jpg
105c0f1a2d20f8bb31be5867963126e3.gif

Wow man thanks for these recent shots!!!

You really do a great job of showing how well this sculpt can effectively emote different emotions!

Thanks
Thank you! Really my photography is nothing more than an excuse to explore all of the possibilities these figures have to offer. Helps me to get further enjoyment and value out of them when they otherwise might just get unboxed and stuck on the shelf.

Back