1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still needs work

View attachment 453924

He is definitely needing better traps. Currently a little too wide and flat. Not as sloped as he should be. Stripes dont seem to be correct length either but that doesnt bother me too much

I honestly don't think they will be fixing it. Not saying it's a impossibility, but just highly unlikely...but you never know.

I feel that the best Bale headsculpt is actually the Toy Fair Batman Begins version. That's the version I use on my armory Batman.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I dunno about the last one. Granted I never owned the Michael Shannon Zod, but there's something quite off about the headsculpt. The face seems too big and the expression is a bit over-exaggerated (yeah, I know he did make that expression during the movie, but still seems a bit too much)...I see some Shannon in it, but it's def not 100%...probably like 65-70% for me.

I don’t know about that. In hand, it looks pretty accurate to me to the shape and width of Shannon’s head, and the expression matches this perfectly:

zod.png

I’ll concede that perhaps “spot on” is a bit of an embellishment, but I do think a 6.5-7 is too low. Solid 8.5 at the very least to me, and I feel even that is being too critical.

I honestly don't think they will be fixing it. Not saying it's a impossibility, but just highly unlikely...but you never know.

Agreed. What people seem to mostly be referencing is the way the scales reflect ambient light. I don’t think HT is going to do anything about that.

Yeah I suppose it could just be the reflectivity making the scales look lighter, but regardless the main blue color still looks completely off to me and nowhere near as dark as it should be.

Hot-Toys-Endgame-Captain-America-008.jpg

I don’t know about that. In hand, it looks pretty accurate to me to the shape and width of Shannon’s head, and the expression matches this perfectly:

zod.png

I’ll concede that perhaps “spot on” is a bit of an embellishment, but I do think a 6.5-7 is too low. Solid 8.5 at the very least to me, and I feel even that is being too critical.

I dunno, maybe I'm being too harsh...but yeah, perhaps it was your word choice of "spot on" that I mainly disagree with. I don't think the sculpt is entirely perfect...but in the whole scheme of things it's still a very solid figure for sure and the likeness is still good.

Also Michael Shannon does have a very unique face, so it might be difficult to capture.

I hope they actually fix the blue border around the star and actually make it accurate and not all one blue color for the chest.

I already thought the figure was way off, but these comparison pics really show just how off it is. We really need to get the message to hot toys that they need to do something about this figure. Cap deserves better.

So I wanted to get your guys opinions. I have the HT Endgame Cap on PO. Now I'm considering. Pre Ordering the Iron Studios 1/4th Cap.

The problem is I can only afford to get one and I may not even be able to afford the IS Cap, depending on how affordable the flex payments are for me.

So if you guys were in my shoes. Would you be content and happy with the HT Endgame Cap, or prefer the IS Cap.

I know they are totally different as one is a statue and the other a HT figure. I just wanted your guys opinions.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

So I wanted to get your guys opinions. I have the HT Endgame Cap on PO. Now I'm considering. Pre Ordering the Iron Studios 1/4th Cap.

The problem is I can only afford to get one and I may not even be able to afford the IS Cap, depending on how affordable the flex payments are for me.

So if you guys were in my shoes. Would you be content and happy with the HT Endgame Cap, or prefer the IS Cap.

I know they are totally different as one is a statue and the other a HT figure. I just wanted your guys opinions.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Should be a very easy decision just because of the significant differences between the two which you touched upon.

That gorgeous IS Cap isn’t using the term deluxe just because IS thinks it’s catchy.

You’re looking at a $700-$900 collectible.

Even if $700 you can purchase both HT Cap AND HT armored Thanos!

Besides if you go with the IS 1/4 Cap you just know you’re going to want/need the IS 1/4 armored Thanos they are meant to be facing each other in the most epic stare down since The Good the Bad and the Ugly lol

It would be a disservice getting EG Cap without EG armored Thanos or vice versa regardless of company, scale or cost.

If you get a Marvel Legends EG Cap you will need the Marvel Legends EG armored Thanos.

Those 2 are meant to be together which is the complete opposite of money not meant to be with my wallet.

Last edited:
I dunno, maybe I'm being too harsh...but yeah, perhaps it was your word choice of "spot on" that I mainly disagree with. I don't think the sculpt is entirely perfect...but in the whole scheme of things it's still a very solid figure for sure and the likeness is still good.

Also Michael Shannon does have a very unique face, so it might be difficult to capture.

It’s funny because speaking of Zod, he’s the only DCEU villain I have out of my MoS, BvS, and WW displays. Whereas the MCU, I have Red Skull, WS (as WS), Loki, Ultron, and now Thanos on PO. This is actually my first time realizing I’ll have the villains from all the Avengers films.

It’s funny because speaking of Zod, he’s the only DCEU villain I have out of my MoS, BvS, and WW displays. Whereas the MCU, I have Red Skull, WS (as WS), Loki, Ultron, and now Thanos on PO. This is actually my first time realizing I’ll have the villains from all the Avengers films.

I don't collect the DCEU line, but not counting Suicide Squad/Joker, does HT even make villains for DC? No, right? I can't really think of any DC villains...

Besides if you go with the IS 1/4 Cap you just know you’re going to want/need the IS 1/4 Thanos they are meant to be facing each other in the most epic stare down since The Good the Bad and the Ugly lol

Don't even say that, lol. :panic:

I'm just getting the IS EG Cap and I'm going to pretend he's standing alone watching Thanos' ship go down. I still might get HT EG and a ton of Avengers though, lol. This movie has totally blown what I thought I'd limit myself to from here on out. :lol

But yeah Cap and Thanos had two of the best staredowns ever; the first when Thanos did his "In all my conquests it was never personal" speech and then of course the second time when Thanos realized he was about to become ash.

Last edited:
I don't collect the DCEU line, but not counting Suicide Squad/Joker, does HT even make villains for DC? No, right? I can't really think of any DC villains...

Zod, Joker, and I guess if you want to count Deadshot and Harley. I think that’s about it. No Doomsday, Lex, Ares, Steppenwolf, or Orm.

Back