1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the current un-helmeted sculpt they’ve used on the last three figures and now on a fourth, I don’t feel is all that bad. Hair I personally think they made a bit too long, but it’s otherwise decent. Same with the helmeted sculpt without the interchangeable faceplates. The interchangeable faceplate isn’t bad either, but I agree it looks a bit narrow. To me personally, if you have that sculpt, you might as well utilize the purpose of it and use the gritted teeth faceplate because if you’re going to just have the stoic expression, you might as well use the fixed sculpt with that expression because it looks better.

The current Mk 85 un-helmeted sculpt I feel is a bit of a regression, because I felt the 46, 47, and 50 sculpt was spot on.

Other sculpts in my collection I feel are spot on (in no particular order): Drax, Yondu, v1 Ant-Man (not sure if he’d count due to having a helmet on still), ANH Leia, Tarkin, Johann Schmidt, TA Wonder Woman, TFA Han Solo, TLJ Luke Skywalker, MoS Jor-El, MoS General Zod.

RDJ mark 46 sculpt is really good. I like the cap sculpt on Infinity War figure. And at first didn't like the GOTG 2 Chris head sculpt at first but think it looks pretty damn good. Got that one for my vol.1 Starlord and sold the original.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Out of the Hot Toys I have I feel like Gamora, Scarlet Witch, Bale Dark Knight Batman and Dark Knight Rises Catwoman are all excellent likenesses.

• Chris Pratt
  • Gal Gadot
  • Henry Cavill

I would even say that most of the Hot Toys figures only have 75% to 85% likeness for me. Only the fewest reach spot on likeness like Yondu or Jack Sparrow DX15.

I'd say the Chris Pratt 2.0 and Gadot ones are pretty solid.

I guess I'm alone in that I think the current Evans sculpt is pretty darn good. It could obviously be improved even more, but it's still better than the most recent RDJ sculpt. Or Loki. And the helmeted TWS head still looks as amazing as ever (the narrower CW and EG versions, not so much).

No, I agree with you. I think the current Evans headsculpt is pretty decent, but not amazing...from certain angles, I dunno why, but I see a young George W. in there... :lol

Yeah, the current un-helmeted sculpt they’ve used on the last three figures and now on a fourth, I don’t feel is all that bad. Hair I personally think they made a bit too long, but it’s otherwise decent. Same with the helmeted sculpt without the interchangeable faceplates. The interchangeable faceplate isn’t bad either, but I agree it looks a bit narrow. To me personally, if you have that sculpt, you might as well utilize the purpose of it and use the gritted teeth faceplate because if you’re going to just have the stoic expression, you might as well use the fixed sculpt with that expression because it looks better.

The current Mk 85 un-helmeted sculpt I feel is a bit of a regression, because I felt the 46, 47, and 50 sculpt was spot on.

Other sculpts in my collection I feel are spot on (in no particular order): Drax, Yondu, v1 Ant-Man (not sure if he’d count due to having a helmet on still), ANH Leia, Tarkin, Johann Schmidt, TA Wonder Woman, TFA Han Solo, TLJ Luke Skywalker, MoS Jor-El, MoS General Zod.

I dunno about the last one. Granted I never owned the Michael Shannon Zod, but there's something quite off about the headsculpt. The face seems too big and the expression is a bit over-exaggerated (yeah, I know he did make that expression during the movie, but still seems a bit too much)...I see some Shannon in it, but it's def not 100%...probably like 65-70% for me.

Out of the Hot Toys I have I feel like Gamora, Scarlet Witch, Bale Dark Knight Batman and Dark Knight Rises Catwoman are all excellent likenesses.

I disagree, the Dark Knight Bale is actually not very good at all...for the 1/6th version at least. The 1/4th version seems to be a vast improvement, but the likeness still isn't perfect.

Also sorry for spamming with the responses, but what can I say? I'm just a big fan of discussing/debating likeness or lack thereof, as I'm sure you all know by now! :rotfl

I disagree, the Dark Knight Bale is actually not very good at all...for the 1/6th version at least. The 1/4th version seems to be a vast improvement, but the likeness still isn't perfect.

The Deluxe Dark Knight costume one with the extra Bale head and swapable faceplate expressions?

I've had that one since it was released and have always been impressed with it.

The Deluxe Dark Knight costume one with the extra Bale head and swapable faceplate expressions?

I've had that one since it was released and have always been impressed with it.

Yeah, that was my first HT I ever bought...for aftermarket price too (since I was a newb).

But yeah, as my first HT I thought the likeness was solid (or perhaps I let my excitement overcloud my judgment)...but now that I'm 30+ figures deep and collecting for about 4 years now, looking back at it...it doesn't hold up very well (in my opinion).

In all fairness I do only have a few, and it is much better than a couple of the Hot Toys I have like the first Dark Knight Joker, Two-Face and figures from Threezero.

In all fairness I do only have a few, and it is much better than a couple of the Hot Toys I have like the first Dark Knight Joker, Two-Face and figures from Threezero.

Fair enough. Not trying to diminish your Bale sculpt, since I own it as well, but I think if/when you finally get a character which has an astounding headsculpt (EX: Hela, Tom Holland, RDJ 46/47) then it'll dawn on you what exceptionally great sculpts actually look like.

Still needs work

59328329_164399551267613_8676136281877988927_n.jpg

He is definitely needing better traps. Currently a little too wide and flat. Not as sloped as he should be. Stripes dont seem to be correct length either but that doesnt bother me too much

I think the best likenesses to date have been Johnny Depp (pick a figure), Nick Fury, and Yondu. There have been several other great sculpts (like the first Hermione Granger by Star Ace) but the ones I listed, to me, are the most photo realistic. In my opinion.

I think the best likenesses to date have been Johnny Depp (pick a figure), Nick Fury, and Yondu. There have been several other great sculpts (like the first Hermione Granger by Star Ace) but the ones I listed, to me, are the most photo realistic. In my opinion.

I think you should specify that it's Nick Fury 2.0 (TWS) that had pretty damn good likeness...the one HT put out for the first Avenger movie wasn't really that good.

The Leno jokers and Harley Quinn regular and prison versions have good sculpts.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back