1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope Hot Toys is greedy enough to revisit that S.T.R.I.K.E. suit and release an updated Endgame version with new materials
(fingers crossed).
That Cap figure from The Winter Soldier looked stiff and didn't really look as cool as the prototype pics.

So far I think you are correct. It's the one I would get.

The sleek simple look also makes it look the most realistic in terms of what someone would actually wear. The red-white-n-blue outfit is a bit cheesy, comic book correct or not.

While I may agree with you, making the suit plain looking takes away from the character’s persona and what makes them interesting. Maybe he shouldn’t even have a star or “A” on his helmet. He shouldn’t even carry that flashy shield. Spider-Man shouldn’t wear red and blue etc. This can apply to any superhero, or villain. Remember the first Xmen film.

While I may agree with you, making the suit plain looking takes away from the character’s persona and what makes them interesting. Maybe he shouldn’t even have a star or “A” on his helmet. He shouldn’t even carry that flashy shield. Spider-Man shouldn’t wear red and blue etc. This can apply to any superhero, or villain. Remember the first Xmen film.

I'm on the side that thinks superhero's costumes need to be subdued in live-action movies. Comics are a different animal.

For example, the worst offender is Avengers Cap. That outfit looks straight out of the (70's) comics I remember. But on-screen, its look silly. I prefer more subtle American flag on my Cap. But certainly if you're a true CB fan you're going to want it as close to the source as possible. It's a tricky balance for the design team... and audiences tastes keep changing in their acceptability. What's accepted now after 10 years of saturation would never have been accepted as you pointed out in the first X-men when everything needed to be mostly black leather.

Hopefully not too much longer before Hot Toys give us the full reveal. If it comes with the CA body and a 2nd (new) head sculpt, I think I'll be able to live with the suit material.

I'm on the side that thinks superhero's costumes need to be subdued in live-action movies. Comics are a different animal.

For example, the worst offender is Avengers Cap. That outfit looks straight out of the (70's) comics I remember. But on-screen, its look silly. I prefer more subtle American flag on my Cap. But certainly if you're a true CB fan you're going to want it as close to the source as possible. It's a tricky balance for the design team... and audiences tastes keep changing in their acceptability. What's accepted now after 10 years of saturation would never have been accepted as you pointed out in the first X-men when everything needed to be mostly black leather.

I agree. That’s why the Civil War Cap is my favorite interpretation of the Cap uniform. I know some people like the white on the arms but for a soldier, white is not practical. It’s a bright color that can draw attention and draw fire.

The Avengers Cap outfit was horrendous. I was disappointed in the design. Thankfully Whedon’s team took the STRIKE suit as a base for the AOU Cap outfit and then IMO opinion the Russo’s improved it for CW (cutting down on the red highlights, removing the white from the arms and going back to the normal shield without the magnetic gimmick.)

[...]I know some people like the white on the arms but for a soldier, white is not practical. It’s a bright color that can draw attention and draw fire.[...]

Given the star-spangled shield plus red and white stripes on his torso leading to a silver target -- I mean star -- on his chest, I gave up on Cap being tactical-practical. ;)

I gave up on Cap being tactical-practical. ;)

:lol

I remember in 1989 I read about why Batman has that bright yellow bat symbol on his chest -- it's such an easy target.

The answer: it is particularly reinforced and draws the shooter's aim away from other areas that are not as well protected.

Same reason why Wolverine wears bright yellow...it draws attention away for the younger x-men in a fight.

:lol

I remember in 1989 I read about why Batman has that bright yellow bat symbol on his chest -- it's such an easy target.

The answer: it is particularly reinforced and draws the shooter's aim away from other areas that are not as well protected.

I think Bats said as much in an internal monologue in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns -- "That's why I wear a target on my chest".

AoU is still my favorite Cap costume as it does mix the STRIKE suit with comic book elements it should have since its a movie based on a comic book. I wish the End Game suit had the white on the sleeves again

I think Bats said as much in an internal monologue in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns -- "That's why I wear a target on my chest".

I'm certain that's where it came from, but I read it first in terms of the movie coming out. A lot of non-comic book readers were wondering why such a dark and shadowy figure had a damn beacon on his chest.

Hope he'll come with an unmasked headsculpt. I WILL be picking this one up since the only Cap figure I have is the one from IW with the beard. Should be a neat figure!

Yeah, that was Frank Miller attempting to explain it within that universe.

The reality was that DC couldn't trademark just a black bat, so they wrapped it in a yellow oval to make it a trademarkable symbol.

Back