1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the civil war one and it looks like the infinity wars body to me. After work I'll post some pics. I'm getting end game also. I was looking at Strike suit on ebay the other day loose no accessories. Was 100 on the bid at the time I saw it. Didnt see the end, but I hope they make an updated one. Then I'm good on caps lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The CW body is most definitely not the same body as the IW figure.

From the IW Cap thread:

The bodies are definitely different. This is the Civil War body:
84aca6f73beed45b538c9a7a32276d8f.jpg

And this is the Infinity War body:
004f56ef19377fa8b56a80755980fa9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need the flexpay to make a payment plan. But you have to be honest with yourself and above all responsible. PayPal credit gives you 6 months of interest free financing on purchases exceeding $99. So if you can break down payments yourself across 6 months you just got a payment plan at any retailer.

You can also do the same with a savings account, which is why I never understood the big deal about the payment plans. With the lead time of these figures you can throw twenty bucks in a savings account every month for a year and you?ll be good.

You can also do the same with a savings account, which is why I never understood the big deal about the payment plans. With the lead time of these figures you can throw twenty bucks in a savings account every month for a year and you?ll be good.

That is true but the SS payment plan will allow you to get reward points, in the process, which helps to somewhat offset the ridiculous shipping cost.

I don't believe so. SSC is interesting to me and so far I've found them to worth it for the customer service when you need something replaced and also for the rewards points. I know I pay a little more but every 6 months or so I use my points to get something for dirt cheap. I usually look to other retailers when I've decided to buy something long after release. For new stuff, I pretty much only do SSC. I ordered from HK a few times when my budget wasn't as strict. I mostly regret doing that. Waiting is part of the hobby.

For example, I just bought the new Tyrion from SSC for $15 after rewards points.

Precisely! Payment plans are the equivalent to layaway to me. My dad is big on layaway, to him paying $50 a month for a gun is better than just buying it outright, never understood that logic.

I think the payment plans are there to secure the order in case the figure sells out.
Nowadays, HT produces so many that one can easily just buy it out right once its released without risk of it selling out.

I think the payment plans are there to secure the order in case the figure sells out.
Nowadays, HT produces so many that one can easily just buy it out right once its released without risk of it selling out.

You can also guarantee your purchase without the payment plan. At Sideshow if you purchase in full, you pay 10% down and then the balance due when it ships. Even if it?s a fast selling figure you can secure without full payment up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is true but the SS payment plan will allow you to get reward points, in the process, which helps to somewhat offset the ridiculous shipping cost.

You still get rewards points when you make the purchase. Are you saying you get rewards points based on each individual payment? That doesn?t make any sense since the rewards are assessed a month+ after shipping.

I don't believe so. SSC is interesting to me and so far I've found them to worth it for the customer service when you need something replaced and also for the rewards points. I know I pay a little more but every 6 months or so I use my points to get something for dirt cheap. I usually look to other retailers when I've decided to buy something long after release. For new stuff, I pretty much only do SSC. I ordered from HK a few times when my budget wasn't as strict. I mostly regret doing that. Waiting is part of the hobby.

For example, I just bought the new Tyrion from SSC for $15 after rewards points.

If you're buying that much to get $150+ in rewards points, if you'd have bought at a place with free shipping, you'd probably have saved $200+ on shipping fees equaling a free figure.

I know there's a risk of less customer support, but some of the smaller shops are really great at it. And even so, unless you're extremely unlucky with QC, you'll probably save more money over Sideshow (especially with sales tax) and could afford to pay for a replacement piece somewhere if you really needed it.

You still get rewards points when you make the purchase. Are you saying you get rewards points based on each individual payment? That doesn?t make any sense since the rewards are assessed a month+ after shipping.

No, just after the final payment is made and then it's 40 days or so until they hit your account.

Do you get extra rewards with the payment plan VS regular purchase?

No, I apologize as I misunderstood the initial post. I thought he meant purchasing it elsewhere as opposed to through Sideshow.

Youre right. That guy has no idea how the SS rewards works..

Yeah, I know how it works. Simply misunderstood the quoted post.

No, just after the final payment is made and then it's 40 days or so until they hit your account.

No, I apologize as I misunderstood the initial post. I thought he meant purchasing it elsewhere as opposed to through Sideshow.

Yeah, I know how it works. Simply misunderstood the quoted post.

Ahh, I gotcha. No worries. Nice bald eagle.

Yeah, so that’s what I’m saying, I don’t get the big to-do about the payment plans when you have a year plus to save back the cash. I guess it works for some people. I don’t order nearly as many figures as some, but for me it makes sense to throw a Jackson in an account every month rather than waiting until two months before release and then having to make these payments. Also, I thought I had seen that sometimes people’s shipments are delayed due to the timing of the payment plans. Maybe I’m wrong on that.

If you're buying that much to get $150+ in rewards points, if you'd have bought at a place with free shipping, you'd probably have saved $200+ on shipping fees equaling a free figure.

Not necessarily, I myself have netted several hundred dollars on rewards just in promo codes and extra point offers on figures, above and beyond the standard 5% on purchases

Back