1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, so that’s what I’m saying, I don’t get the big to-do about the payment plans when you have a year plus to save back the cash. I guess it works for some people. I don’t order nearly as many figures as some, but for me it makes sense to throw a Jackson in an account every month rather than waiting until two months before release and then having to make these payments. Also, I thought I had seen that sometimes people’s shipments are delayed due to the timing of the payment plans. Maybe I’m wrong on that.

That's where I've evolved to. I used to do payment plans because it felt like it leveled my spend to a more consistent $$$ per month versus one month of $ and the next month $$$$$. At this point, I have enough stuff on pre-order that it all kind of levels off anyway. Now, I will say that if Iron Studios somehow pulls off the scheduled plan of their 1/4 Cap, Thor and Thanos all in March, I will be a bit stretched, but I doubt that happens.

You do occassionally get a delay in shipping because if you've selected say the 25th for your payment plan each month and the figure get's pushed from January 26th to February 5th, your payment will get pushed to February 25th. Not a big deal, but definitely a delay.

Any reason to think that I couldn't put the Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E. suit on the IW or Concept body? I know folks have done it with the Man of Steel body. This would be my first time trying this sorta thing, so I'm curious.

The CW body is most definitely not the same body as the IW figure.

From the IW Cap thread:

Any reason to think that I couldn't put the Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E. suit on the IW or Concept body? I know folks have done it with the Man of Steel body. This would be my first time trying this sorta thing, so I'm curious.

Nobody is stopping you from doing it. You have to be mindful whether the clothing will actually fit the new body as well.

If the goal is to be able to raise the arms I dont think its worth the effort. I dont think you will notice a difference in the upper body because the fabric on the shoulders is so thick. I think the zipper is also kind of fragile as well.

Yeah, I busted the zipper on AoU. I had to see it closed.. not the prettiest solution, but it works. Wish I could find a way to hide the stitching

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

At least a few of us have done a body swap on Stealth Cap with the IW or Concept Art body (I went with the IW body). I'd recommend reading through the Stealth Cap thread, especially the last 20 pages or so; but the short version is yes, it's possible. It's not super difficult (still a lot easier than the Man of Steel body swap), but it requires modding the outfit a bit (or more, depending on how you want it to look/articulate). Because of how the Stealth suit is tailored, it also won't look as bulky as either the IW or Concept Art Cap figures, so you'll almost certainly need some sort of padding to get it closer to how it looked on-screen.

If you tend to go for dynamic poses, it's not worth doing the body swap, just costume modifications to improve the articulation. If you tend to go for static/museum poses, it may be worth it, but it will require a good bit of work to look great.

I completely repainted the shield of the ?*By-Art*? brand, what do you think?
Now my custom Captain infinity War > Endgame is complete ^^

My Instagram @Guillaume_customs

200129012424265295.jpg
200129012417116953.jpg
200129012425120724.jpg

Considering pre ordering this figure but the proto just looks rough. Do we think Hot Toys will tweak it or it will be more or less the same as the D23 version?

Anyone think they will make a Battle Damaged Cap? Like they did with IM and Thanos?

I don't think so. There's nothing you can give the current EG Cap that can make it more exclusive than it already is. It has the damaged shield parts and Moljnir already. If the current Cap already has the 'clean version' (no damage shield parts and has a clean shield) that would make sense for HT to make a BD Cap. Ontop of that, they already released the D23 Cap which had a Moljnir lightning effect and a inaccurate Scepter as a extra. So, I don't think BD will happen.

Anyone think they will make a Battle Damaged Cap? Like they did with IM and Thanos?

I wouldn't honestly rule it out. There are no more new movies featuring Cap, so no new versions of him for Hot Toys to make, so I wouldn't be surprised if they started doing new versions of previous figures so they can keep putting out new Caps.

Agreed, but the chest plate is still wonky looking. The best route for an EG Cap to me seems to be to get an IW Cap and customize it.

Back