1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used the google translate app, pretty sure that’s what he’s saying lol. Anyone have any better methods to translate it?

The question is "근데 캡틴아메리카 헤드 변경가능성은 없나요 " which google translates to "Is there any possibility of changing Captain America Head?"

And Hong replies "토타입은 이미 전달했습니다" which google translates to "Sat type has already been delivered."

Edit: Another web translation displays it as "We've already delivered the type."

This could mean they have sent another head for approval, or it could mean "we've shown the head you are getting."

Last edited:
The question is "근데 캡틴아메리카 헤드 변경가능성은 없나요 " which google translates to "Is there any possibility of changing Captain America Head?"

And Hong replies "토타입은 이미 전달했습니다" which google translates to "Sat type has already been delivered."

Edit: Another web translation displays it as "We've already delivered the type."

This could mean they have sent another head for approval, or it could mean "we've shown the head you are getting."

Yeeeah...that sounds like a "Sorry, we've reached the point of no return" :(

So I saw this translater ( from a Korean dude ) he translated that to "J.C Hong said "The New Head Sculpt already sent to The Headquarters, Please Wait for it ������"

I agree the sculpt could use some updating, but I still think it's a solid enough likeness and can live with it much better than I can the Mk85 Tony sculpt.

Although I'm still not fond of that narrower helmeted sculpt from CW. Think I'll probably have to stick with my old TWS version instead.

Yet another web translator interprets it to "Prototype has already passed."

So it sounds like he is saying "The prototype has already been delivered," but it doesn't specify to whom.

Unbenannt.jpg

Unbenannt_1.jpg

Could mean that they developed a sculpt, but corporate decided to save it for another release, or did not want to pay the cost to manufactor molds for a new sculpt.

The official product notes effectively its a re-used headsculpt, so we will see what Hot Toys says over the next few weeks.

The problem here is, what constitutes a "better" Cap sculpt may be pretty subjective. And they've already solicited pre-orders by showing the current headsculpt.

Suddenly introducing an altered one in place of the current one (unless they're including both), puts them at risk of "Bait and Switch" with consumers which is a big no no (it's illegal here, not sure about overseas).

I know HT has, in the past, added accessories, or made non-aesthetic changes to figures (The Hulkbuster suddenly going Russian Doll, for instance), and they've certainly solicited orders with "To Be Revealed" portraits and items, but have they ever straight up changed something visually between solicitation and release (I'm not talking about a sculpt "softening" during production or the paint app not being as good as the prototype by their head artist)?

That’s why the rule of thumb to me is to go by what is listed in the figure specs. If it says “newly painted sculpt,” that’s what you can expect. I don’t recall a time where they full on fabricated a new sculpt if it said it was a repaint. Or if it said “newly developed sculpt,” where they merely gave a repainted one.

The problem here is, what constitutes a "better" Cap sculpt may be pretty subjective. And they've already solicited pre-orders by showing the current headsculpt.

Suddenly introducing an altered one in place of the current one (unless they're including both), puts them at risk of "Bait and Switch" with consumers which is a big no no (it's illegal here, not sure about overseas).

I know HT has, in the past, added accessories, or made non-aesthetic changes to figures (The Hulkbuster suddenly going Russian Doll, for instance), but have they ever straight up changed something visually between solicitation and release (I'm not talking about a sculpt "softening" during production or the paint app not being as good as the prototype by their head artist)?

They did it with their ANH Han Solo, so it's certainly not unprecedented. All the pre-orders clearly state that it's a prototype and subject to change.

I know HT has, in the past, added accessories, or made non-aesthetic changes to figures (The Hulkbuster suddenly going Russian Doll, for instance), and they've certainly solicited orders with "To Be Revealed" portraits and items, BI (I'm not talking about a sculpt "softening" during production or the paint app not being as good as the prototype by their head artist)?

I think the ANH Han Solo used a completely different head sculpt from the promo photos.

ASM2 Spidey promo photos showed a smooth, semi-gloss plastic-y vinyl for the red sections of his suit, which was released as fabric.

They did it with their ANH Han Solo, so it's certainly not unprecedented. All the pre-orders clearly state that it's a prototype and subject to change.

Okay, that's a fair point. The Prototype disclaimer probably does give them a reasonable out to changing things.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see then.

I know HT has, in the past, added accessories, or made non-aesthetic changes to figures (The Hulkbuster suddenly going Russian Doll, for instance), and they've certainly solicited orders with "To Be Revealed" portraits and items, but have they ever straight up changed something visually between solicitation and release (I'm not talking about a sculpt "softening" during production or the paint app not being as good as the prototype by their head artist)?

They have done this to a degree before. IM MK 50 had some redesigns, including the jet pack thing. Modifications or redesign happens.

Plus headsculpts have several warnings, including notes that they are prototypes, and that they require license approval (even for reused sculpts.)

Back