1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics helping to save me money^

Tiny head, little runt neck, mile wide shoulders, inaccuracies in the costume - the star, the shoulder pads and probably more, the limiting material used for the costume...yeah, too many fails with this one.

Of all the languages, you chose to speak ?facts?.

It?s astonishing just how much of a ?swing and a miss? this figure is. They pretty much perfected his proportions in a non canon release and then decided against making even more improvements and went the other direction.

Seriously, this figure feels like the staff at HT were placing bets with one another to see how much they can screw a figure up and have it still sell.

I still can?t believe someone at that company actually thought ?yeah, this is it. Release it JUST like that.?

I mean... if others are happy with this, it doesn?t affect my life one way or another...but they HAVE to at least acknowledge that captain America has seen better days.

Of all the languages, you chose to speak ?facts?.

It?s astonishing just how much of a ?swing and a miss? this figure is. They pretty much perfected his proportions in a non canon release and then decided against making even more improvements and went the other direction.

Seriously, this figure feels like the staff at HT were placing bets with one another to see how much they can screw a figure up and have it still sell.

I still can?t believe someone at that company actually thought ?yeah, this is it. Release it JUST like that.?

I mean... if others are happy with this, it doesn?t affect my life one way or another...but they HAVE to at least acknowledge that captain America has seen better days.

I'm convinced most people decided to stop criticizing this release for the sake of purchasing him because this is the last Cap for awhile.

The simple fact that the much maligned slap-on chest piece suddenly ceased to become a focal point once the final product was put out pretty much proves it. There was a TON of criticism about that specific issue when the proto images were released and also when the D23 Promo Edition was released...and now absolute silence.

But I agree, if other people are "happy" with this figure then let them be!

Other than the headsculpt what do you guys think of the Infinity War figure? I've considered buying that instead - although I know it's hardly a definitive version of Cap being that the outfit is run-down and he doesn't have a Shield. IW is a terrific film though so I'm thinking why wouldn't I represent it in the collection - if the figure, questionable facial likeness notwithstanding, is otherwise good.

I've also looked at the Civil War or AOU figures in youtube videos and man I just can't get past those damn shoulders. As someone said they make it look like the figure has just done the icebucket challenge. Really hoping for a 2.0 on those but then again if Endgame Cap is anything to go by they'd probably take a step back for every step forward.

Other than the headsculpt what do you guys think of the Infinity War figure? I've considered buying that instead - although I know it's hardly a definitive version of Cap being that the outfit is run-down and he doesn't have a Shield. IW is a terrific film though so I'm thinking why wouldn't I represent it in the collection - if the figure, questionable facial likeness notwithstanding, is otherwise good.

I've also looked at the Civil War or AOU figures in youtube videos and man I just can't get past those damn shoulders. As someone said they make it look like the figure has just done the icebucket challenge. Really hoping for a 2.0 on those but then again if Endgame Cap is anything to go by they'd probably take a step back for every step forward.

Sup a-dev!

Firstly, as for MCU Caps, I still think the overall CW figure(s) are superior to the EG and it?s not that difficult to bulk up the shoulders; I think I used pieces of cotton balls when I modded my STRIKE Cap years ago. And as much love for the magnetic shield of the AoU Cap helped that version stay in ?contention? for so long, I think if it was standard straps, it would have been long forgotten. Aside from the obvious body proportions lacking, adding red and white in so many places to break up the blue just turned that costume into a mess In my opinion.

The IW Cap is actually one of my all time favorite versions right up there with Concept Cap (which was so close to being used). I think the headsculpt is fine and the material used actually lends itself well to the look. And trash me all over this, but I do love the look of him holding Covris? glaive posed with IW Widow holding Proxima?s spear. Honestly, that Glaive was and is one of the nicest accessories/weapons that HT?s has ever made.

By the way, this is what I?m talking about. I took them off my shelves to get somewhat decent lighting for ****** pictures. Oh and I know the shield on his back and Mj?lnir in his hand are not accurate but I kinda don?t give 2 ****s. Actually I?m thinking of applying a star to the chest.
C66F9E10-CA7B-4ECE-8F2F-FC23A9A9D4D7.jpg

Attachments

• DD831D03-0564-4EFF-B2EA-8464A3D286CA.jpg
    DD831D03-0564-4EFF-B2EA-8464A3D286CA.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 230
  • EC2B3A60-A13A-47C6-885F-6ACEE3A97799.jpg
    EC2B3A60-A13A-47C6-885F-6ACEE3A97799.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 229
  • D652E5C2-7D99-4193-87A0-6DBC16149100.jpg
    D652E5C2-7D99-4193-87A0-6DBC16149100.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 229
Thanks Blinguskahn. Yeah his shape and proportions definitely look better than all other Cap figures except the Concept version. Likeness isn't all there but is perhaps within a tolerable range. He's definitely a temptation. I need to have some Cap in the collection. I'll probably be getting the 2012 2.0 no matter what but I wouldn't want that to be the only one because that outfit is somewhat cheesy.

I'd have been all over that Infinity War Cap as my sole representation of the character but I've just never been able to get past the sculpt. It's not Mk 85 Tony / Chadwick / Ant-Man levels of awful...but the likeness simply isn't good enough for me.

As for EG Cap...I'm going to hold off (for now) and see how the 2012 America's Ass figure turns out. If the execution is solid and it comes with the same new Evans sculpt, that may be my guy.

I'd have been all over that Infinity War Cap as my sole representation of the character but I've just never been able to get past the sculpt. It's not Mk 85 Tony / Chadwick / Ant-Man levels of awful...but the likeness simply isn't good enough for me.

As for EG Cap...I'm going to hold off (for now) and see how the 2012 America's Ass figure turns out. If the execution is solid and it comes with the same new Evans sculpt, that may be my guy.

Considering the EG figure has no ass whatsover it'll be interesting to see the ass on the 2012 figure. I mean what excuse will HT have if that figure is totally flat given the specific attention paid to that region in the movie itself :lol

Considering the EG figure has no ass whatsover it'll be interesting to see the ass on the 2012 figure. I mean what excuse will HT have if that figure is totally flat given the specific attention paid to that region in the movie itself :lol

:lol

If he is lacking in that region I suppose it will be fun to see just how creative the community gets in trying to do a correctly proportioned arse mod. :lol

Personally, I hope the figure is reasonably screen accurate straight out of the box, as I simply don't possess the skills, the time or inclination to start carving up and reassembling a near 300 pound toy just to attain posterior perfection.

Did the Infinity War Cap come in a box with a picture of a bearded but ''short'' haired Evans?

If he is lacking in that region I suppose it will be fun to see just how creative the community gets in trying to do a correctly proportioned arse mod. :lol

Personally, I hope the figure is reasonably screen accurate straight out of the box, as I simply don't possess the skills, the time or inclination to start carving up and reassembling a near 300 pound toy just to attain posterior perfection.

Padding something out won't be so bad provided the outfit allows it. But yeah if a mod entails carving, shaving or dremelling I'd rather not.

Not sure if it was posted already but Sideshow is doing their Unsealed and Revealed today at 10am PT for him:

https://youtu.be/yZXu_7Qd5vI

Anyone know how long before they ship the figure out that they do these episodes? Like, do they do these Unsealed things for a figure usually 2 weeks before they ship?

Not sure if it was posted already but Sideshow is doing their Unsealed and Revealed today at 10am PT for him:

https://youtu.be/yZXu_7Qd5vI

Anyone know how long before they ship the figure out that they do these episodes? Like, do they do these Unsealed things for a figure usually 2 weeks before they ship?

On the livestream Sideshow said it is shipping this month. I think they said the 10th, which is awesome! Can't wait to get him as he did come out great I feel.

Back