1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question related to the Ultron version of Black Widow, some people have one with really messed up hair that makes her look like Pennywise (Justin for example, the one he showed in his video was absolutely AWFUL) yet mine is nothing at all like that.

Does it just go like that over time? because if so, yeaaah. Might be time to shelf that one.

I have 2 of Ultron Widow - far as I can tell the hair isn't gonna change unless you mess with it. It's fiber - one of mine has better wig than the other - seems to depend on luck and/or how much gunk was put into the hair.

Really like her - all my Widows, really. I like the kind of flirty paint job and the pop of the costume and her curves. Annnnd - passing on this one. Re Justin's video and other comments, I get some don't like messing with hair/fiber.

Can't get with the plastic/vinyl hair here tho - beautiful sculpt but will sit this one out. Still think CW is the most beautiful of the BWs.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah mine looks absolutely fine too, just the one Justin showed looks absolutely disgustingly bad as the hair was FAR brighter and much shorter (not even shoulder length as mine is). Seemed like an unfair comparison really.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah mine looks absolutely fine too, just the one Justin showed looks absolutely disgustingly bad as the hair was FAR brighter and much shorter (not even shoulder length as mine is). Seemed like an unfair comparison really.

Guess like IW Widow, with Ultron Widow some folks got a *&^% wig. Like I have 2 IW Widows and couldn't see what the complaints were - there's definite shading in the part, and the hair/fiber is multi-toned, not just one shade of blonde.

But I did pick up both Widows (all 4) well after release - Ultron really late in the game from resellers NIB. LOL just realized I duplicated all the Widows I have:lol. And am happy about it - beautiful figs and portraits. Don't know what Justin was on about in the vid:confused:

Even if not as accurate a portrait as this Widow. Gonna wait for the solo movie releases - really hoping for a "classic" gold belt Widow.

When you guys buy from Toys wonderland do they ship them in brown shipped boxes?

When you guys buy from Toys wonderland do they ship them in brown shipped boxes?

My War Machine had a brown shipper box inside the Toys Wonderland box, however my Leia/Wicket set did not. I've always heard that you don't typically get a brown shipper with purchases direct from Hong Kong, but that might not be entirely true. So, not sure.

My War Machine had a brown shipper box inside the Toys Wonderland box, however my Leia/Wicket set did not. I've always heard that you don't typically get a brown shipper with purchases direct from Hong Kong, but that might not be entirely true. So, not sure.

I think from an old budget stark video that Iron Man figs get shippers over there but nothing else does. If i remember it right.

I did not get a shipper for Black Widow from Toys Wonderland, the art box came bubble wrapped and put inside of a regular brown shipping box. Not too bothered though, just threw it in the shipper from the Winter Soldier version since that was just lying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that I think of it, diecast Iron Man figures from HK have come with shippers, nothing else has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question related to the Ultron version of Black Widow, some people have one with really messed up hair that makes her look like Pennywise (Justin for example, the one he showed in his video was absolutely AWFUL) yet mine is nothing at all like that.

Does it just go like that over time? because if so, yeaaah. Might be time to shelf that one.

Nah, he has styled it awfully - whether on purpose or not, splayed doll hair looks atrocious, but it doesn't just go like that itself.

OK I'll say it. It's not the first time Justin has made an older figure look bad in order to convince people that the newer one (link to ToysWonderland in the description below) is better. But of course that's only his personal opinion.

If yours looks good and you're happy with it, stick with it. I've never heard of anyone complaining their hair looks bad over time.

I can?t watch his reviews. His machine-gun talking just grated on my nerves. I far prefer Toys Zone D. They manage to convey the same info without talking at all.

OK I'll say it. It's not the first time Justin has made an older figure look bad in order to convince people that the newer one (link to ToysWonderland in the description below) is better. But of course that's only his personal opinion.

If yours looks good and you're happy with it, stick with it. I've never heard of anyone complaining their hair looks bad over time.

Not defending Justin but it?s kinda true that the newer figure looks better and in BW case, imo she does look so much better.
The link to TW is cos he has a partnership with them but I don?t think he purposely bad talking about the figure to make you buy a new one at TW. He did say his favorite is the first antman in the antman and the wasp antman review.
Well he is a reviewer and one of the segment is to compare to the older figures. For me I like it since I want to see how they compare to the older figures. But we as adults of course don?t have to follow what he said blindly. He is just a youtuber and have to do his job as a reviewer.

I can?t watch his reviews. His machine-gun talking just grated on my nerves. I far prefer Toys Zone D. They manage to convey the same info without talking at all.

Ya I think I can only see Justin review once per video. Most time I just want to see the figure without much talking. And for figures I don?t plan to get, I just skip justin video and just see toys zone d or other youtuber.

Only reason i PO it was the July release date form Sideshow. Is it safe to say the delay is due to other reasons and not a change in production, I mean what is out now overseas is the final product right. I'm so ready to just order from overseas :gah:

Only reason i PO it was the July release date form Sideshow. Is it safe to say the delay is due to other reasons and not a change in production, I mean what is out now overseas is the final product right. I'm so ready to just order from overseas :gah:

It's a weird year. Could be shipping or could be a small 1st batch. Thanos was strung out over 6 months due to slow production and the shutdown. Best to do other things and forget about it until SS sends the shipping soon email.

I bet at least some of these ship in August. This is a figure i don't mind waiting on but am still excited to get. I hope Widow and Ronin ship at the same time.

It's a weird year. Could be shipping or could be a small 1st batch. Thanos was strung out over 6 months due to slow production and the shutdown. Best to do other things and forget about it until SS sends the shipping soon email.
Sounds good, I guess the wait continues and money stays put in the wallet.

Yes itll be the same figure. I think the delay is just the shipping side, not production. Hot Toys has been cranking out figures not named Gamora lately.

I do wonder how whats going on in Hong Kong will effect things.

Back