1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss the good old days when hot toys used cloth. The new Hawkeye and this black widow will be a pain to pose, and I will have to worry about how long the outfit will last. The only Hawkeye I have is age of Ultron and that?s a good cloth outfit. I have the winter soldier and civil war Black Widow and their outfits are still 100% good condition. These are supposed to be durable poseable figures, but what?s the point if you can only have them in a museum pose for fear of damaging the outfits? Might as well but statues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like cloth for outfits a lot more but I have posed my 1st Avengers Widow, Deadpool 1 and 2, Spiderman and Black Panther in extreme poses for months at a time with no issues. Your mileage may vary but i'm not worried about. The only figures i worry about are my Pepper, Shuri and Gamora because of the thin rubber arms.

I don't mind the hairstyle so much. I don't like the blonde streaks in the film, so I'm happy it's been minimized. Still, I wish "Black Widow" had been released in theaters already so we could see what the next figure looks like while there's time to cancel the pre-order. :)

IMG_6973.JPG

From figure collecting 4 dummy lol

I skipped through ‘Justin’s Collection’ YouTube review (cheers Justin), & saw the direct comparison to the older BW figures. Yikes.

I know, & agree about some of the negative points I’ve read in here, but just seeing them right next to each other, I almost didn’t care about this figures flaws anymore.

I skipped through ‘Justin’s Collection’ YouTube review (cheers Justin), & saw the direct comparison to the older BW figures. Yikes.

I know, & agree about some of the negative points I’ve read in here, but just seeing them right next to each other, I almost didn’t care about this figures flaws anymore.

Yep, easily the best BW to date.

Justin hit the nail on the head; it's not a perfect release, but it's definitely the best BW figure.

I need one widow in my collection for my Avengers display. Might pick this one up but I just know we?ll be getting probably 2 new ones from her movie. The newer black suit and the white one. Just hard to know and by that time this one may be long sold out

I skipped through ?Justin?s Collection? YouTube review (cheers Justin), & saw the direct comparison to the older BW figures. Yikes.

I know, & agree about some of the negative points I?ve read in here, but just seeing them right next to each other, I almost didn?t care about this figures flaws anymore.

Yep it's this one, the Civil War one, and varying degrees of bad to awful. I'm getting this Widow and hopefully never buying another one.

Yep it's this one, the Civil War one, and varying degrees of bad to awful. I'm getting this Widow and hopefully never buying another one.

I’d add that TWS Widow isn’t all that bad. But, design complaints aside, EG is the best produced Widow to date, imo of course.

The annoying part of waiting for a solo movie release is 1) It's honestly going to be at least a year and a half before it shows up on your shelf and 2) Sculpts still aren't surefire. For all we know the sculpt could be worse than this, or they could decide not to even do sculpted hair.

97870796_141730047464243_5447179982801472682_n.jpg

Does anyone know where this head sculpt came? Saw someone on instagram had posted it.

My final flex payment with SSC was just pushed to August. I'm guessing my Ronin/Hawkeye will be delayed as well.

EDIT: Yep, the Hawkeye delay notice just came too. :lol

Makes sense. It just dropped in Hong Kong last week. 6 weeks out puts it stateside in early-mid August. Now you just have to hope that it gets a wide release right away and not the mini batches that stretch out for 6 months.

Well, I finally did it. I?ve never been impatient enough to order from Hong Kong, but hey, I?ll try anything once. I ordered from Toys Wonderland and used DHL so it?s a decent chunk of change more than if I ordered from Sideshow, but having it early, avoiding UPS and Sideshow?s sporadic shipments makes it worth it. Plus, I?m thinking about ordering the Deluxe Hawkeye from them and the price difference on that one should even things out.

Received mine yesterday from HK and she's fantastic in hand! Her elbow and knee joints are so much more flexible than previous Widow figures, really helps pose her better. Still not great in the crotch area (from the suit) so can't pose her perfectly in her Widow crouch pose, but great figure nonetheless. My only gripe is that HT essentially erased the blonde from her hair, there's none at the back either. Real shame cos I liked that look, but it's only a small gripe.

Absolutely fan-tastic... [...]

:lol ...now I can't un-hear that.

Figure looks pretty great to me. The comparison is interesting. The A1 Widow looks almost like a cartoon next to EG, but I still really like that figure, along with CW, both of which I owned at one point.

Ultimately I'll wind up with EG or the solo-film version -- unless they did a 2.0 of the A1...which could make the choice more difficult. The coated and appliqu? construction of the suit makes me a *little* nervous, but under normal posing (nothing extreme or frequent) and climate-controlled display conditions it probably won't be a problem.

For those who have the figure, Are there any shiny spots (right chest/shoulder) on the suit like the one in this review? Or is it just due to the lighting?

Back