1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But this is the top design guy at MCU joining in and giving his opinion. Not some random forum member. That is something new to the discussion. I suspect Hot Toys will change for the better going forward and give up their obsession with giving female figures rooted hair whenever it's possible.

After this battle is won we can focus on Hot Toys casually giving figures exposed neck joints when they could change the body and make the neck and head one piece. No reason it should take until the 3rd Hawkeye figure for example before we finally got one without those good awful exposed neck joints.

He did give his opinion on this particular figure and we're in almost universal agreement that it looks great and it was the right call. But that doesn't mean he would have the same opinion if, for instance, you showed him a CW Black Widow with large, "Dark Helmet" style sculpted hair (an exaggeration, but you get my point). You're jumping to a conclusion about his view in the "sculpted vs. rooted" debate"* that isn't warranted. To put it in mathematical terms, it's not a trend if you only have one data point.

With respect to the exposed neck joints, I'd also like those to be eliminated wherever possible, especially on short haired sculpts like Hawkeye. But again, depending on the figure I can be flexible on the issue. If a character's signature pose has him/her soaring in flight, I don't want a figure that can only look straight ahead/down.

* - As DioramaMaker indicated, this really shouldn't be a debate as only you deem it a black & white issue. Instead of constantly bringing it up in the thread of every new HT female figure, can't you instead just bombard HT's facebook page with your opinions? If you want change, go to the source.

It’s a great looking figure but I just realized why the expression seems odd to me. Her brow is slightly furrowed for an intense look in her eyes, but the corners of her mouth are slightly upturned as if she’s smirking. It makes me think they sculpted those features separately, based on two different expressions.

This is not meant to sound like a criticism of the film (nor should any given "oh, I wish they'd..." ideas), but

Spoiler Spoiler:

Still, this thing looks so good. Planning to order it on the last day of eligibility of the previous thank-you coupon to stretch out its use in case they send another.

This is not meant to sound like a criticism of the film (nor should any given "oh, I wish they'd..." ideas), but

Spoiler Spoiler:

Still, this thing looks so good. Planning to order it on the last day of eligibility of the previous thank-you coupon to stretch out its use in case they send another.

Yeah one of the best designed outfits in the history of BW for the MCU but completely wasted on screen time. I would gladly swap her EG outfit with her AOU outfit in a instant :lecture

Yeah one of the best designed outfits in the history of BW for the MCU but completely wasted on screen time. I would gladly swap her EG outfit with her AOU outfit in a instant :lecture

This is my most anticipated figure. I have a handful of pre-orders to roll in, but this looks like it'll be exceptional. I hope the production piece holds up. :pray:

This is my most anticipated figure. I have a handful of pre-orders to roll in, but this looks like it'll be exceptional. I hope the production piece holds up. :pray:

Pending the direction for her upcoming solo film concept . I have to agree this figure will be highly anticipated and of course after the events of EG, probably now the most respected version of BW in the MCU. Again this depends on what the theme for the new film will be.

Man, I'd really love to see someone rework this sculpt with all her various BW hairstyles (something more high-quality than those cheap ebay knockoffs), so that we could use them on the older figures.

I'd most like to see it with the shorter A1/AOU hair. And maybe even the blonde IW hair (all sculpted of course).

Man, I'd really love to see someone rework this sculpt with all her various BW hairstyles (something more high-quality than those cheap ebay knockoffs), so that we could use them on the older figures.

I'd most like to see it with the shorter A1/AOU hair. And maybe even the blonde IW hair (all sculpted of course).

Definitely want HT to do

IM2 BW 2.0
Avengers 1 2.0
WS 2.0

Of course you do, but given your posting history I sincerely doubt that he would reciprocate. :lol

Seriously, I don't know why I bother....#getaclue

He acts as if someone can’t disagree with the opinion of a costume designer, simply because they’re a costume designer. Which is a non-argument because all it does is simply cite to subjective authority in order to substantiate one’s argument; it doesn’t provide irrefutable, substantive points that contest the actual argument.

But as you said, I wouldn’t even bother. Attempting to engage in rational discourse with “his kind” requires the automatic relinquishment of 10 IQ points.

I feel like I’m going to regret ordering this one if a Quantum suit version is announced... the white would really stand out against the shelf.

That's kind of what I'm waiting on. I scoffed at the Quantum suits when I first saw them but after the film I really would like to have them on the shelves.

I think he was referring to various BW figures.

Actually HT AOU Widow wasn’t bad or was it CW that sculpt was great but the ugly rooted hair ruined it. IW had awful makeup and hair I forgot , so add that to the list

As for why I added WS, I think the expression ruined the overall look and her hair could’ve been slightly better

Why Winter Soldier 2.0? The first one is terrific! Only improvement that I can think of would be to make the arm a more shiny chrome color.

And they need to give him the knife sheath and Gerber Mark II.

Plus weapons clips where stuff doesn't pop off.

And including the Barrett in the promo art would be cool. And the scorched shield used in the teaser trailer.

Actually HT AOU Widow wasn’t bad or was it CW that sculpt was great but the ugly rooted hair ruined it. IW had awful makeup and hair I forgot , so add that to the list

As for why I added WS, I think the expression ruined the overall look and her hair could’ve been slightly better

Yeah they need to just completely redo that one, with a new sculpt, longer hair, curvier body, and more skin-tight outfit. The current one is ok, but makes her look too much like a skinny, teenaged version of the character.

IMG_20190501_141512~01.jpg

Figure wise, I think the AoU one is pretty good. It has good height, and feels sturdy. Sculpt is ok, but the hair on it is a mess. I like the suit design as well, but sans the blue light up stripes. I saw someone put the CW sculpt on it once and it looked really good.

CW version has a really good sculpt, but to be honest, I don’t really like the suit all that much for some reason. TWS I like the sculpt and the suit design, but War-Gar recently brought it to my attention that it might be a tad undersized compared to the Widow figures that followed it. I never thought before that it was, but now that I look at it again, it looks like it is.

WS was my favourite version of Natasha, and I was never quite taken with the existing figure, so an updated and accurate one would be great! Whether it's likely tho.. I don't really think so, sadly.

Given these films already exist in a state of redesigning the character every time precisely for reasons of marketing toys, I'm not sure why HT would revisit the earlier designs. It's not really how the modern corporate film franchises work, they're all about peddling the new & next. If they do revisit them wholesale - the Transformers Sutdio Series being the only obvious example I can think of, for modern franchises - expect it to take years before it happens :-/ I know it happened with the Bale & Ledger Batman and Joker, and they're from a modern franchise, but there you're dealing with much more iconic characters than Black Widow.

Yeah they need to just completely redo that one, with a new sculpt, longer hair, curvier body, and more skin-tight outfit. The current one is ok, but makes her look too much like a skinny, teenaged version of the character.

View attachment 452226

WS was my favourite version of Natasha, and I was never quite taken with the existing figure, so an updated and accurate one would be great! Whether it's likely tho.. I don't really think so, sadly.

Given these films already exist in a state of redesigning the character every time precisely for reasons of marketing toys, I'm not sure why HT would revisit the earlier designs. It's not really how the modern corporate film franchises work, they're all about peddling the new & next. If they do revisit them wholesale - the Transformers Sutdio Series being the only obvious example I can think of, for modern franchises - expect it to take years before it happens :-/ I know it happened with the Bale & Ledger Batman and Joker, and they're from a modern franchise, but there you're dealing with much more iconic characters than Black Widow.

I 100% expect them to revisit some of these designs

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back