1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think of it as a girl power moment myself until people here started talking about it. Just a group of warriors getting together to fight. Guess I looked at the movie differently.

Forced rubbish. It was as if they paused the rest of the film, scrolled "let's get this out of the way" in large text across the screen, did the obligatory scene, and then continued the actual film.

Was literally 20 seconds of a 3 hour film.

I didn't think of it as a girl power moment myself until people here started talking about it. Just a group of warriors getting together to fight. Guess I looked at the movie differently.

Yea it's like say Thor, IM and Cap together is a boy power moment :lol. It's just some badasses kicking ass who cares what gender.

andypark.jpg

Andy Park Marvel Studios Director of Visual Development weighs in on the Sculpted VS doll hair debate.
Its now settled.
Hope Hot Toys is listening.
Too many female figures were violated with rooted hair. Those poor figures have suffered enough. Enough is enough Hot Toys. Lets not subject future female figures to the same indignities.

View attachment 452099

Andy Park Marvel Studios Director of Visual Development weighs in on the Sculpted VS doll hair debate.
Its now settled.
Too many female figures were violated with rooted hair. Those poor figures have suffered enough. Enough is enough Hot Toys. Lets not subject future female figures to the same indignities.

Malgus, they're dolls. They're inanimate objects - they can't be violated or suffer indignities. They're not actual women, and frankly I find your use of those terms in this context distasteful (even if done tongue-in-cheek). Your dislike for rooted hair has been well documented, but a little perspective is in order.

Malgus, they're dolls. They're inanimate objects - they can't be violated or suffer indignities. They're not actual women, and frankly I find your use of those terms in this context distasteful (even if done tongue-in-cheek). Your dislike for rooted hair has been well documented, but a little perspective is in order.

Well you have the perspective from the top MCU costume designer. He has an eye for what looks best. I trust his vision.

I trust the rooted hair CW Widow that sits on my shelf and looks great. I think the sculpted EG Widow is the right choice. Rooting has it's place and works if done right. This isn't some insane black and white debate, which for some reason we have to make it every time. It gets really, really ****ing old.

View attachment 452099

Its now settled.

I see Malgus is back. Welcome! :wave

I trust the rooted hair CW Widow that sits on my shelf and looks great. I think the sculpted EG Widow is the right choice. Rooting has it's place and works if done right. This isn't some insane black and white debate, which for some reason we have to make it every time. It gets really, really ****ing old.

But this is the top design guy at MCU joining in and giving his opinion. Not some random forum member. That is something new to the discussion. I suspect Hot Toys will change for the better going forward and give up their obsession with giving female figures rooted hair whenever it's possible.

After this battle is won we can focus on Hot Toys casually giving figures exposed neck joints when they could change the body and make the neck and head one piece. No reason it should take until the 3rd Hawkeye figure for example before we finally got one without those good awful exposed neck joints.

Back