Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This really does look like they just enlarged the 1/6 version. :( Not sure what it is with Hot Toys and the Mark 3 never getting along just right for eternally.

All they have to do is tweak the shape/size of the helmet and mask + proper paint. Also that gap does look bad if the legs can't be moved up.

I was going to say the same thing. That photo makes the sixth scale look pretty decent imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures look great. In my situation it's not Diecast but rather the size that is keeping me from jumping in. I feel 1/4 figures look great but are just too large fir what I consider a action figure/high-end collectible. The handling plays a large part in that as well. Again just personal preference.

Keep the great pictures coming as I will still admire this gorgeous piece.

Love that comparison with the 1/6 figure. And personally I think the proportions look pretty good. Maybe the head could be a smidge smaller, but it did appear fairly large in the movie, compared to what we're used to with the later armors:

iron-man1-movie-screencaps.com-9272.jpg

iron-man-mark-iii-deluxe-version_marvel_silo.jpg

These pictures are surreal. I'm close to pulling the trigger. I'd like to see an unboxing or some comparison pics next to the Mark III Maquette.

Pictures look great. In my situation it's not Diecast but rather the size that is keeping me from jumping in. I feel 1/4 figures look great but are just too large fir what I consider a action figure/high-end collectible. The handling plays a large part in that as well. Again just personal preference.

Keep the great pictures coming as I will still admire this gorgeous piece.

In a similar boat.

I've always loved the Mark III, and the Gulmira scene is one of my favourite superhero sequences of all time. But I can't see where a quarter scale anything would fit. :gah:

I was pretty disappointed with the 1/6 diecast offering. This one -- inaccuracies aside -- I feel I could be happy with but the scale is really problematic for me.

Last edited:
Still contemplating whether or not I am going to get the Mark III. For past 1/4 figures, even just looking at the figure visually, you could see there was a huge step up from the 1/6 scale version. Not seeing that same difference for the Mark III. Hoping to see a more detailed review before I make a decision.

I do have the Mark III Maquette. It's a great statue and display piece, but if you look at it up close - it doesn't match the level of detail or paint realism/quality of a Hot Toys piece. The paint still looks great, just not as realistic IMO. Here's a picture of it compared to the Mark 43. My one gripe with the 43 is the heavy tan on the otherwise great head sculpt.

Attachments

• DSC02514.jpg
    DSC02514.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC02517.jpg
    DSC02517.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC02521.jpg
    DSC02521.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 395
I feel that the Mark III maquette looks better overall compared to this, and I prefer my HT Mark 43 to the mostly similar Mark 42 PF.

There's something off about the helmet on this figure aside from the forehead area. Is it too big/wide or something?

I hope lesser of you guys buy this figure so the price tanks and I can get 1-2 more for repaint/battle damage customisation. :rotfl

Hmm...
The major differences (movie accuracy, colour, etc.) in 1/6 Mark VII plastic and die-cast is pushing me to get the latter.
The die-casts certainly look (and feel) better in 1/6; but in 1/4, I don't know how many would buy a 1k figure.

The color you are referring to has nothing to do with the get little bit of diecast hot toys adds to the plastic "diecast" figures.

Is it possible that a 3rd party company will produce a proper helmet with a corrected faceplate? I don’t understand why they didn’t just blow up the mark VI helmet.

Back