Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first Hot Toy I have ordered and the first time ordering from Sideshow. I payed the full amount but haven't received any notice of when it is shipping. And I see you guys are already starting to receive yours. Should I be worried?

My preorder just went to shipped status today :) Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I haven't been charged yet. I'm just wondering why the release is so sporadic I guess? Does it just depend on how early you ordered?

I haven't been charged yet. I'm just wondering why the release is so sporadic I guess? Does it just depend on how early you ordered?

Not usually. Normally Sideshow gets Hot Toys figures first in the U.S. This time it seems as though BBTS got this figure first, apparently this has happened before. Seems they've been getting figures in waves lately rather than a huge shipment large enough to fulfill all their initial pre-orders and retailers.

Got mine today. He's pretty cool… Even more cool is I also bought some vintage style adult Star Wars Underoos!!!!!
FullSizeRender-6.jpgIMG_2125.jpg

Got mine today and holy hell is he incredible. Seriously one of the greatest figs HT has made. Only issue is one of his tools was missing. The little knife. I sent AE an email so hopefully they can get me a replacement from SS.

looked at this in detail today, it's on display in Forbidden Planet NYC, It looks like an amazing PF figure, but the T on the helmet is so off.
Will wait I think. Just doesn't feel right depsite being an amazing figure,

What specifically is off though? Comparing next to ROTJ pics and I can't tell.

I think the top part of the T is too wide, opens up at too sharp of an angle. It's picky but i can see it. The weathering effects look great but they aren't accurate either. Others here can describe better than me, I'm far from an expert.

I have the exclusive on order and was considering using my one sideshow mulligan and letting it go. Not necessarily because of the above inaccuracies, mostly because I don't have any other quarter scale stuff and it may clash a bit. But I am really intrigued by the idea of a posable Boba figure this size with hot toys paint apps showing off all the weathering so now I think I'll probably keep it.

That's my problem too, everything I have is 1/6 scale. But this is so impressive and I'm weak when it comes to Star Wars.

That's my problem too, everything I have is 1/6 scale. But this is so impressive and I'm weak when it comes to Star Wars.

I also have no self control when it comes to Star Wars. I already broke my "collecting just one scale" rule, which I'm glad I did. But I DEFINITELY need to be more strict and set some rules with collecting HT's Starwars line. Otherwise I'm gonna find myself in too deep before I even realize it.

I would like to just collect the 1/4 scale figures. Problem is, I'd be missing out on HT's awesome 1/6 offerings, like Han and Chewbacca, so exceptions will inevitably be made. Anyone know if HT will likely release more than just Vader, Boba and Stormtrooper in 1/4?

I am also going to only try to collect figures from the original trilogy (I know the 1/4 Vader is apparently from Episode III, but he's still Vader to me). Anything else from the new films or prequels I will likely pass on.

Back