Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a second, I thought you were being an a-hole :lol And yeah, I agree, keep it. If you're a Star Wars fan, you'll love it.

Lol yeah I definitely wasn't being mean

But yeah like you I'm also really interested to see what else HT will offer 1/4 wise. There's so many characters I would like but with so many questionmarks regarding there 1/4 line I've found myself starting to collect there 1/6 line. No way could I miss out on figures like Han & Chewie. Which straight away makes me think when are HT's going to put there millennium falcon cockpit up for PO, man I want that

You gents are not helping me save space or cash;). I think I am going to keep boba though, should look great next to the 1/4 stormies. I wish the vader was from empire or jedi, the prequel is an odd choice. I have not heard of any other quarter scale stuff coming. If they make a proper vader or luke I'm sure I will be buying those, I am a weak bastard when it comes to OT star wars too.

I guess additional 1/4 OT SW figures are pending sales of HT's current 1/4 lineup. A 1/4 Han in carbonite to compliment Boba would be amazing...

Whew...had my wait list convert for the EX on this one. I thought when it came to figures I'd stick 100% to 1/6 but dammit if HTs didn't make this guy look incredible. Pictures overload soon to come.

WOO-HOO!!! No delay for me :yess:
Got the notice my last payment for the exclusive will be on the 15th. I have NO idea where I'm gonna put it, but I'll sure have fun lookin.

I'm waiting for someone to get this figure and not like it.

So I can call them a god damn liar.

Arrived today! But since being "Daddy", I really don't get a Christmas present. Looks like Boba's going under the tree. Come on Christmas! I finally have a present. And a damn cool one too!

I'm waiting for someone to get this figure and not like it.

So I can call them a god damn liar.
I don't like it, I don't have it. Hence why I don't have it.
I have an issue with the T visor. And yes I have seen it in hand, saw it on display in Forbidden planet NYC asked to look at it.
I have both previous Q4 scale HT releases and I love Fett, but the helmet doesn't feel like Fett to me. And I'm not an accuracy nit-picker.
Call me a god damn liar. :lol

Should look more like this. It changes the entire personality of the figure.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-10%20at%2019.51.42_zpstmeqe8ns.png

Rather than this...

IMG_0321_zpsmvxjgvrt.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics rory. I can see why it turns some people off. It does me a little but i decided to enjoy it for what it is, a terrific but imperfect boba fett. I doubt hot toys does another quarter one. Of course maybe empire a couple years from now, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I don't like it, I don't have it. Hence why I don't have it.
I have an issue with the T visor. And yes I have seen it in hand, saw it on display in Forbidden planet NYC asked to look at it.
I have both previous Q4 scale HT releases and I love Fett, but the helmet doesn't feel like Fett to me. And I'm not an accuracy nit-picker.
Call me a god damn liar. :lol

Should look more like this. It changes the entire personality of the figure.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-10%20at%2019.51.42_zpstmeqe8ns.png

Rather than this...

IMG_0321_zpsmvxjgvrt.jpg

All I see is that you made the horizontal black part of the visor slightly slimmer. It's a difference. If you have the opinion it changes the entire personality of it, that's fine. My opinion is that's silly :)

Props to you on the discerning eye but it's a shame such a small thing inhibits you from enjoying the piece as a whole. Kind of a like a forest for the trees type thing.

Speaking of appreciating this, mine charges at midnights, ships tomorrow and I should have it Thursday to enjoy before going in to have my ankle bones screwed together on Friday.

All I see is that you made the horizontal black part of the visor slightly slimmer. It's a difference. If you have the opinion it changes the entire personality of it, that's fine. My opinion is that's silly :)

Props to you on the discerning eye but it's a shame such a small thing inhibits you from enjoying the piece as a whole. Kind of a like a forest for the trees type thing.

Speaking of appreciating this, mine charges at midnights, ships tomorrow and I should have it Thursday to enjoy before going in to have my ankle bones screwed together on Friday.

No issue with anyone enjoying the figure and ignoring or not caring about the inaccuracy. I do have issue with the posts saying anyone who doesn't like it is a "god damn liar" and "it's silly" to be discerning with a figure which costs this much. It's neither, it's subjective. Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

It doesn't bother me all that much but it's definitely there, which is the only thing that really matters.

Little "nitpicky" **** like that is stuff that someone, a long time ago, put a lot of thought into and looks the way it looks for a reason.

And I'm not an accuracy nit-picker.

This was the figure collector equivalent of "I'm not a racist"

I don't think I could even tell that it's supposed to be slimmer unless I constantly had my face up against the glass looking at it. Which to me makes it completely negligible. I actually now just learned how dumb the actual design is since there is a human with human oval eyes behind the helmet.

I have this figure, and I must admit, the T-visor is inaccurate and is one of my main complaints about the figure. And although it's only a couple millimeters off, it can and does affect the figure's overall appearance. It's really not nit-picking since Boba's visor is essentially his eyes. Anytime you look at a person, figure or painting/drawing of a character, your eyes are naturally focused on their eyes. So if the eyes are off, it can definitely throw off the "personality." Another thing to keep in mind is that the figure is 1/4 scale, which can also emphasize any apparent flaws. Fortunately for me, the rest of the figure is nearly flawless and more than makes up for the visor being off.

To each, their own. We collect what we like. All of our collections (though filled with similar "things"), are unique unto themselves. I love most everything Vader, but didn't get the Mythos Vader, cause I couldn't stand all the orange paint. Even though it is an amazing piece. I think that Rorywan is right that that -one little fix- improves this Fett immensely. However, it's his "orange paint", & will keep this Fett from his collection. To each their own. We collect what we like. I myself can't wait to add this my collection, & will look beyond the overly fat visor.
:duff

Back