Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they ever let you keep the NRD as store credit?

They will allow you to cancel an order and refund the NRD as a courtesy once. After that, you don't get it back. That's the point of a "Non-Refundable Deposit". It's to discourage people who consistently preorder and cancel.

Edit: I had to cancel an order last week and they refunded the deposit to my card. I asked if they could apply the NRD to one of my other orders and they said they could not.

does anyone here own the old PF and this ? I would love to hear an honest opinion when comparing both of them

If you return it to Sideshow they won't refund the NRD so you'll lose that as well as whatever it cost to ship it. Learned that lesson with Mark III.

My understanding was that if they ship an item and you then return it they refund the whole cost of the figure, which includes the NRD and that they only don't refund for canceled preorders. But it seems you're dead on.

Here's the full language from the horse's mouth:
"We will pay for return shipping only when the return / exchange as a result of our error such as a defect, collectible damages, or an error in filling your order. If the purchase is being returned for any other reason than those previously stated, the buyer will be responsible for all shipping charges, including those to return the item(s) to us. Sideshow will refund the product price minus any applicable shipping/return shipping charges and non-refundable deposits."

So what is everyone using to display this guy, or other QS figures for that matter? Detolf? Billy? I'm heading to Ikea tomorrow for another Detolf but may look at other stuff too if it works for QS.

So what is everyone using to display this guy, or other QS figures for that matter? Detolf? Billy? I'm heading to Ikea tomorrow for another Detolf but may look at other stuff too if it works for QS.

I've officially run out of shelf space. :lol
image.jpg
image.jpg
I like to display figures with other figures from the same franchise/movie. So instead of rearranging my current setup, I plan to build additional shelves for Boba and any other future 1/4 SW figures. I've never had any detolfs or enclosed cases before. How many shelves of 1/4 figures can a detolf hold?

I've officially run out of shelf space. :lol
View attachment 221685
View attachment 221686
I like to display figures with other figures from the same franchise/movie. So instead of rearranging my current setup, I plan to build additional shelves for Boba and any other future 1/4 SW figures. I've never had any detolfs or enclosed cases before. How many shelves of 1/4 figures can a detolf hold?

You can display 3 figures on one shelf with a detolf, technically you could fit more in but it will be to crammed in. So say 12 a cabinet max. There's also the other ikea option by displaying your figures in there besta cabinet

But hats of to you Saigon, that's one kick ass collection you have there bro :)

You can display 3 figures on one shelf with a detolf, technically you could fit more in but it will be to crammed in. So say 12 a cabinet max. There's also the other ikea option by displaying your figures in there besta cabinet

But hats of to you Saigon, that's one kick ass collection you have there bro :)

Thanks a lot for that information! If I had the space and extra money, I'd definitely buy some detolfs or enclosed cases to protect these guys from dust. But this is my home office, which is pretty small as you can see, and my fiancé won't let any figures into any other part of the house. :lol No way I could fit enough detolfs in it for my figures atm, so I'll just stick to cheap shelves for now and wait until I move into a larger house before I get some glass enclosures.

af803c0fdcfedc2d69f2a972667fbdc9.jpg

Sorry for the poor photo but here is an example of what fits in detolfs. Sometimes you can get two figures per shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

af803c0fdcfedc2d69f2a972667fbdc9.jpg

Sorry for the poor photo but here is an example of what fits in detolfs. Sometimes you can get two figures per shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for the pics, Royce!! Damn, so only three shelves if you use them for 1/4 and only 6 figures max per detolf? Hmm, not sure how much detolfs go for, but I think I'm going to have to look for a more affordable option.

Awesome collection/display, btw!!!

^I like how you've kept 1 figure per shelf and blacked out your detolfs, looks really clean and classy. Any more recent pics? I see plenty pics of 1/6 collections, so it's always cool to see other collector's 1/4 collections for a change.

I have mine in a detolf at the moment. This detolf is specifically reserved for him and TFA 1/6.

Did you mod the shelf height with U bolts?

Unfortunately when I say "detolf" I actually mean this Coaster brand one which is basically 99% the same but the vertical poles are way thicker. So That's not really an option. I am still trying to figure out a way to adjust the shelves. I might have to end up drilling holes in the poles for the screws that hold the shelved.

I just have a shelf removed with Boba on a acrylic riser on the second shelf opening and the top shelf will be Kylo/FO Trooper/Snowtrooper.

If I had an actual detolf I would have done the u-bolt method to adjust the top shelf for him.

Back