Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read a book about Rorywan.

uDM6heX.jpg

Had a feeling it was too good to be true. All of the positive talk about this figure, something negative had to show its face. :lol

I've gathered a list of all of the Star Wars Hot Toys figures I don't like;

- The ones I don't want to pay for right now

The reason I don't like them;

- They cost money.

This figure is so good it makes me want to hurry up and have kids just so I can tell them they aren't allowed to touch it.

Well actually it was one of the lovers not the haters who pulled the trigger.
:lol

Rory, as usual, you're on point. Here's the thing about the visor: it continues to look very different, depending on the photo. That's a problem, for sure, since it should generally look the same regardless of photography. The visor is, technically 'fat,' but not to the extent that you think. Your photoshop chop didn't go far enough to correct the issues. However, I'll refer, again, to this photo from Stealth V3teran:

No chops here, just better positioning and not taking a closeup pic that exaggerates features.

I should have mine on Thursday, and I plan on taking extensive photos, both for here and for another board.

I have this figure, and I must admit, the T-visor is inaccurate and is one of my main complaints about the figure. And although it's only a couple millimeters off, it can and does affect the figure's overall appearance. It's really not nit-picking since Boba's visor is essentially his eyes. Anytime you look at a person, figure or painting/drawing of a character, your eyes are naturally focused on their eyes. So if the eyes are off, it can definitely throw off the "personality." Another thing to keep in mind is that the figure is 1/4 scale, which can also emphasize any apparent flaws. Fortunately for me, the rest of the figure is nearly flawless and more than makes up for the visor being off.

Good post. Repped. :duff And those pics by Stealth are beautiful.

I hope HT hears all of the complaints about the visor loud and clear so the 1/6 comes out perfect. :lol

Just delivered a few minutes ago!! Christmas has come early! Few pics on the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

The articulation on the neck and feet doesn't seem to be as good as on their 1/6 scale figures. The head IS on a ball joint, but the range of motion is extremely limited, so it can't bend down very far. So if you want his head tilted down in the normal pose, you actually have to tilt the whole neck instead of just the head. Thankfully, it's hard to even see the neck under the helmet so this shouldn't be a big deal to most people.

As for the feet, I'm going to have to fiddle with it more, but it doesn't seem like the feet are on a ball joint at all, but rather just a typical pivot joint like the wrists. This means that they will rotate around 360 degrees, and can tip straight forward or backward, but CANNOT tip to the sides. Annoying, since it means for lots of poses his feet won't be able to sit flat on the ground. If anyone figures out how to tilt the feet to the sides, please let me know! I haven't been able to remove the shoes, so I can't see what's in there.

Lastly, don't try to rotate the gauntlets. Remove the hands, slip the gauntlets off the arms, then slip them back on how you want them.

Here's a quick shot of the Hot Toys next to the Sideshow one. Yes, yes, lens distortion, cell phone camera, etc. I know. Just wanted to take a quick picture to let you see some of the color differences.

I prefer the bright silver that Sideshow used for weathering. You can see that the Hot Toys version just uses a flat grey paint instead. There is ONE spot on the helmet where they used a little bright silver on the edges of the grey (the dent), but besides that spot, it's only grey everywhere else. No two toned battle damage. I really wish they had used both the grey AND the silver.

However, I like the general green paint on the Hot Toys way more, since it just seems more badass and movie accurate. To be honest, it is probably a few shades darker than seen on screen, but in person it looks great. Obviously more dirty and battle worn than the Sideshow one.

I'm at work with a cell phone camera, but I'm happy to take any close ups of anything. Just let me know what you'd like to see.

Attachments

• IMAG4232 (1).jpg
    IMAG4232 (1).jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 237
Yes, it's extremely clean, and the helmet has zero flare whatsoever. It also would have really benefited from a more two tone approach to the weathering.

As for the feet, I'm going to have to fiddle with it more, but it doesn't seem like the feet are on a ball joint at all, but rather just a typical pivot joint like the wrists. This means that they will rotate around 360 degrees, and can tip straight forward or backward, but CANNOT tip to the sides.

The ankles can pivot/angle to the side. They're just tight straight out of the box, so you just need to use a little force to coax the ankles to invert or evert.

That has got to be the most nit-picky nit-pick I have ever witnessed. I suppose it's a good sign if Rorywan is the only person who doesn't like this figure.

Back