Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics of Firebird's decals (I didn't do the left ribcage one 'cause it would've meant rubbing off the original graphic):

Sure :) - in the close-up shots you can see these are definitely stickers, but from any reasonable viewing distance the edges of the sticker are all but invisible. If you want as seamless result as possible, do as Jim (Firebird) suggests and trim the sticker right on the edge of the graphic, ie cut them out as close as possible to the graphic rather than leave a bit of space as I did.

wm08.jpg

wm07.jpg

wm06.jpg

wm05.jpg

wm04.jpg

wm03.jpg

wm02n.jpg

wm01l.jpg

Does anyone know if firebird still has these decals for sale? Anyone with pics of their WM with the decals? Kind of late to the party, but contemplating on getting this for my WM.

Yeah me too, just got War Machine today. Usual battery problems, but sorted them out by taking the batteries out wiping them and putting them back in. Jesus, the neck batteries were a nightmare to get back in!
:dunno

I have a set of the ones Anthropoid made. They aren't sticker like decals like firebird ones, the application process is with decal applicant or something. Too scared to put it on wrong (and lazy). but they look cool IMO. set came with 2 in case you guys are interested. i'm not gonna use them. PM if interested you each could have 1. I got them for I think $8 so $4 for each? anyone else who go them as well fell free to correct me if it was different cost.
*Ps. not trying to use this as a for sale thread, i just saw someone is looking for them and they are just sitting on my shelf.

I also have the firebird ones too, but i'm holding on to those in case one day I get off my lazy butt to put them on.

I did cut the stickers really close to the edges and it looks really perfect.
Also did the second one on the ribcage, meaning rubbing the original off, but grinded it with really fine paper and after I applied Jim's (Firebird) decals i darkened'em with graphit taken from my pencil sharpener.
It looks perfectly seemless and it took little time.
If you can get'em...ATTACK!!!
:lol

I have a set of the ones Anthropoid made. They aren't sticker like decals like firebird ones, the application process is with decal applicant or something. Too scared to put it on wrong (and lazy). but they look cool IMO. set came with 2 in case you guys are interested. i'm not gonna use them. PM if interested you each could have 1. I got them for I think $8 so $4 for each? anyone else who go them as well fell free to correct me if it was different cost.
*Ps. not trying to use this as a for sale thread, i just saw someone is looking for them and they are just sitting on my shelf.

I also have the firebird ones too, but i'm holding on to those in case one day I get off my lazy butt to put them on.

Thanks for the info, but I am also a bit scared to apply any thing other than stickers onto my HT War Machine. If you ever decide to sell firebirds, please let me know. Thanks!!

Thanks for the info, but I am also a bit scared to apply any thing other than stickers onto my HT War Machine. If you ever decide to sell firebirds, please let me know. Thanks!!

yeah I'm a lil scared too. BTW I just got my war machine and mark iv today thanks to a very random sale thread on spawn.com... only paid 475! pics... oh there will be pics. and thanks hehate for the mech test stuff! looking forward to getting it!

that said, anyone have any ideas where to start... I'm wanting to do a kitbash "mech test" rhodey, I need a body and head! ooh ooh clothes would be nice lol

yeah I'm a lil scared too. BTW I just got my war machine and mark iv today thanks to a very random sale thread on spawn.com... only paid 475! pics... oh there will be pics. and thanks hehate for the mech test stuff! looking forward to getting it!

that said, anyone have any ideas where to start... I'm wanting to do a kitbash "mech test" rhodey, I need a body and head! ooh ooh clothes would be nice lol

If you want to make a Terrance Howard "Rhodey" then you'll need to find the HT African-American Truetype Slim Head and perhaps use to African-American Advanced body... but for Don Cheadle.. good luck =p lol

Here are some pics of my modified War Machine. I purchased a decal kit from Anthrapoid, and then I gave him a weathered paint job:

wm01.jpg

wm02.jpg

wm03.jpg

wm04.jpg

Great job!! I have the decals but I haven't done the weathering yet...after seeing yours, I gotta do it! What color of paint did you use? Metallic or non-metallic? I've used straight silver before but some times it appears to glittery or sparkly...I'm wondering if there is a better paint that doesn't have that effect. Did you just drybrush it? Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Back