Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anuy idea when sideshow will charge/ship? Just gotta make sure got funds on that card (used a prepaid for it)?

Put my order in on ebay. Cant wait. So much for saving that credit card for emergency. To hell with the possibility of a major appliance breaking down.

:exactly: and yeah screw Christmas for the kids too! It's WAR MACHINE for Christ's sake!!!!!! :lol

Really nice mod and repaint on the WM by BBQ
More image here on toyworld: https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28086&extra=page=1

IMG_0005.jpg
What he's done with the silver parts (especially the facemask) is fantastic and exactly what I expected of Hot Toys; that's the kind of premium finish we should expect from a $179 figure. I'm not fond of how he did the scratches on the chest though; the pattern looks more like he was dragged behind a car down the highway.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/pgnrM88oSDo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/pgnrM88oSDo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Awesome video, thanks for doing that. Your video here really gives a good feel for his in-hand presence, and he does look great there. I can't help but notice though that you passed over showing any bending at the hips or stomach ;) I'd like to see just how far he can bend in those areas, forward and backward, before he hits his limitation.

You got it a little wrong there, Bob.
Firebird maybe will make the decals when he got it figured out, that´s how I understood it and when it´s no problem to apply´ em.

Just cut them realy close to the edges of the actual logo and get it on.
There´s is no white or clear seen when you do it right.
I got a little experience going on there...

Ah soz man i got a bit confused :eek: and i'd love to buy some for mine anyway :peace

Great follow up review retaane, so cheers for that.

To echo what XKage said, it looks so much better with the repaint.

It looks better to the point that, without it, it looks unpainted.

What he's done with the silver parts (especially the facemask) is fantastic and exactly what I expected of Hot Toys; that's the kind of premium finish we should expect from a $179 figure.

Yeah, I actually agree with you on this one. That looks fantastic! I wish I knew how to do that, surely it can't be too hard. All he did was alter the light grey area.

Yeah, I actually agree with you on this one. That looks fantastic! I wish I knew how to do that, surely it can't be too hard. All he did was alter the light grey area.

Looks like a simple mask and airbrush job, probably with metallic lacquer paints. Not a tough job (if you airbrush), but the masking may be a little tricky without taking WM apart, if necessary. I would not recommend handpainting.

What he's done with the silver parts (especially the facemask) is fantastic and exactly what I expected of Hot Toys; that's the kind of premium finish we should expect from a $179 figure. I'm not fond of how he did the scratches on the chest though; the pattern looks more like he was dragged behind a car down the highway.

Looks like a simple mask and airbrush job, probably with metallic lacquer paints. Not a tough job (if you airbrush), but the masking may be a little tricky without taking WM apart, if necessary. I would not recommend handpainting.

BBQ said he shortern the neck (2mm) and waist (4mm).
All the silver parts had chrome powder applied. And weathering added to various other parts. Then sprayed a lite coat of black iron and varnish.

The repaint is bad ass indeed! :rock

Makes the regular finish look blah :horror

Then again it is a custom, it better look better than a factory job.

He should go to Disney!

Last edited:
Back