Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IV is almost identical to the mkVI. The main difference being the totally different chest plate on the mkVI. The coloring is also a bit different on the VI (and imo much better). The mkV is the "suitcase" armor which is totally different from anything we have seen this far.

mkIV
mkV
mkVI (next to the mkIII, was showing how different they are)

I actually think that War Machine shares a lot more design similarites to the mkIII than the mkIV/VI. Which is pretty cool from a design perspective as they where just copying Stark's design for War Machine while the IV/VI is a totally new design by Stark.

From ToyWorld:

20100318_71c88b6f35d1fb491075xcwGxZPELxDL.jpg

Totally awesome figure, IMO much cooler than the previous IM Mark I,II and III.

Looks like the suit is the nice dark tone but the headsculpt still seems too light even in these settings :(

Although I must say the pic of it wearing glasses suddenly makes it look a whole lot more like Don Cheadle to me.

Anyone notice how they've paid attention to the detail in the 'eyes' now?

PICT2192.JPG

If you look closely you'll see that there is now a black outline on the bottom of the lenses. The older Iron Man figures didn't have this under the eyes.

Finally they've achieved that more angry/squinty look!

Okay. I'm totally sold. I don't like Iron Man that much, but this figure rocks!
Also, I really liked War Machine in Marvel vs. Capcom.

Last edited:
Looks like the guns on the arms are removable as well. Not sure why but that's kinda cool.

To further point out the improvement with the eyes I'll post pictures of my Mark II.

MarkII-2copy.jpg

Here you can see that the eyes look really big. Not very angry looking is he? I didn't like the way he looked so I decided to add something that would give him the angry look.

MarkIIim.jpg

markiiim6.jpg

IM2_12inch_WarMachine_P9.jpg

I add these small adhesive strips and colored them black to give it this look. The War Machine figure has the black outline standard now! I hope that the Iron Man figures do as well because it seems to be absent from the bust.

oh also looks like the machine gun arm is more to the left in these pictures so I guess it can be moved! :D And nice catch on the eyes.. didn't even realize that in the other pictures but thats a nice detail!!!

oh also looks like the machine gun arm is more to the left in these pictures so I guess it can be moved! :D And nice catch on the eyes.. didn't even realize that in the other pictures but thats a nice detail!!!

The only reason I caught it was because it was something I was picky about the first time I turned on the lights for the Mark II :lol.

It looks like War Machine's head is wider, which is a good thing. The proportions are much better now.

Huh, not a big deal to me. I never turn the lights on on mine and the shadows basically accomplish the same effect. Not exactly but the difference isn't that noticeable when the eyes are dark, hell it's not even noticeable to me anyway.

I would rather they didn't even light up though. The original II and III would likely have better articulation if they didn't and even if they didn't it's not a terribly useful feature to me. I only have turned it on for photos and I have Photoshop so I don't need it for those.

At the very least I think they may have confirmed Black Widow. So we're looking at Iron Man mkVI, War Machine, and Black Widow. Even if they don't do Whiplash (maybe they confirmed this?) I think there's far more of a chance of a mkIV and mkV before we see any variants.

I seem to remember a picture of the box this line will be shipped in and it did have a picture of ironman, war machine, black widow and whiplash. I think it was in the ironman 2 movie thread but not 100% on that.

Huh, not a big deal to me. I never turn the lights on on mine and the shadows basically accomplish the same effect. Not exactly but the difference isn't that noticeable when the eyes are dark, hell it's not even noticeable to me anyway.

I would rather they didn't even light up though. The original II and III would likely have better articulation if they didn't and even if they didn't it's not a terribly useful feature to me. I only have turned it on for photos and I have Photoshop so I don't need it for those.

For that price I am happy they light up, but I only turn them on when showing someone for the first time.

Yeah, I didn't notice it too much where shadows played a good part but when I turned on the lights it killed me. I know pretty much everyone wouldn't leave the lights on the whole time with the figure but I guess for me it's just nice to know that this small detail is actually there. :eek:

It's in a place where it wouldn't affect articulation as well so +1 for detail? :D

Re: Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

I seem to remember a picture of the box this line will be shipped in and it did have a picture of ironman, war machine, black widow and whiplash. I think it was in the ironman 2 movie thread but not 100% on that.

Is this what you where thinking of? It seems to indicate that there will be a Whiplash.

20100318_04b2f0fa742d3a0e7c37kqicmemcP8nI.jpg

I'm torn on hoping for a mkIV. I don't need to be spending more money and it's basically like a not as cool mkVI but it will kill me not to have mkI-III and then V and VI on my self and not IV.

Back