Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info boys :hi5:. That pic of the broken one is really helpful. Swivels and crunches a little but only forward; got it.

I'm always careful with all of the delicate parts but I'll be extra careful with the x-wife launcher

Yea, the prices have gone thru the roof for all of the IM2 figs (MK V not as bad). Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. I took a pass on War Machine & Whiplash when I had the chance to snag them for retail. MK VI was already on the rise but at that point market value was in the $280-$310 range and I passed on that too. This was when I first started collecting so I wasn't as hardcore as I am today. That's back when I thought that 1 Iron Man fig would be all I need to rep that movie, but now of course I'm kicking myself.

A couple of years ago after Whiplash sold out on SS, there was one on the shelf of a local shop. They usually keep their HT behind the counter but they have a big wall of old Medi, SS and other 1/6 that's accessible to the public. Whiplash ($180) was on that shelf and I was undecided if I wanted it or not so I hid him behind a few crappy figures that nobody touches and have been there for months. I went in once a week for a month, pulled it out of the hiding spot; mulled it over; always decided to think more on it and I'd hide it again. Stupid :slap

So yea.... WTB Whiplash :wave

:lol

A few other things:

If you decide to get one that's been opened, the ex-wife rocket is very small. If you don't see it at first it may be inside the shoulder silo. Definitely make sure the figure has one because it fits inside the silo rather loose and could easily get lost in one's carpet.

Make sure all lights are working. I take the batteries out of all my figures to avoid leaking batteries destroying the terminals inside the figure.

Ask for current pics. You may also want to find out what condition the box is in. Remember, this is an older piece, but if kept well by the previous owner, it should still be mint.

Best of luck.

Good advice Centurion.

Even though there is a minute amount of ab crunch available I wouldn't push your luck. Not worth it :lol

A few other things:

If you decide to get one that's been opened, the ex-wife rocket is very small. If you don't see it at first it may be inside the shoulder silo. Definitely make sure the figure has one because it fits inside the silo rather loose and could easily get lost in one's carpet.

Make sure all lights are working. I take the batteries out of all my figures to avoid leaking batteries destroying the terminals inside the figure.

Ask for current pics. You may also want to find out what condition the box is in. Remember, this is an older piece, but if kept well by the previous owner, it should still be mint.

Best of luck.

Thanks my man, if I score one I'll definitely open it carefully on a bed to make sure nothing sneaks away from me.

The batteries are toughies when it comes to old sealed pieces unfortunately. No one will crack a sealed package to check so I either have to work with someone who will accept a return in this case or find a "like new" displayed one that's tested and proven.

I always ask for pics of the box because I'm one of those annoying collectors that like a box in good shape and I usually lose interest in a listing if there isn't a shipper :lol :cuckoo:

I remember seeing things sitting on shelves at retail and regret not buying them! I guess its safer sometimes to impulse buy and sell it later if you decide not to keep it. Vintage Star Wars comes to mind.....

A friend of mine told me someone on this forum sold decals for this figure. Is it true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember seeing things sitting on shelves at retail and regret not buying them! I guess its safer sometimes to impulse buy and sell it later if you decide not to keep it. Vintage Star Wars comes to mind.....

That's exactly what backfired on me; I'm not an impulse buyer. 9/10 times I'm not indecisive right out of the gates. Things normally fall into 2 categories; no brainer buys and easy passes. The few things that fall in the middle; if I have to mull it over that hard it usually ends up being a pass. That system usually works but it's been biting me in the a$$ recently. I'll take a fair beating hunting down War Machine, MK Vi & Whiplash and I passed on Celtic Pred when I could have got him for way under retail (thinking I was good with Scar alone; but now want the trio).

What are ya gonna do. I usually get good deals but every now and again I blow it and have to pay the piper

So I scored one of these bad boys and time to dig in today. This piece is frigin' awesome! I love the bulk of the design and it's way sturdier (tighter joints) than most of my IM MK's. I'm kicking myself because I didn't pull the trigger on this 2 years ago when I had multiple opportunities to get this for 1/2 the price. Oh well, better to get now because the longer I wait it'll only get worse.

I have a few questions for those with experience because I'm treading lightly with this piece and I don't want to break anything. I got this guy sealed so a few points of articulation were stuck from sitting for a couple of years and needed a little extra pressure to "unpetrify" them.

Thankfully the Arc and both hand lights are working but I have to change the batteries in the neck. Are you supposed to fully remove the neck to do this? Mine doesn't seem to want to come off and I read recently that someone broke theirs while trying.

I guess they changed things from the proto pics, right? They show a rocket pack for each shoulder but there seems to be only one for the right side and the Ex-wife on the left shoulder.

When I fully extend the rocket launcher it butts right up against the head with no space in between. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Any and all help is appreciated :)

Oh yea, for the batteries; I got these from RadioShack: https://findnsave.carmitimes.com/of...Ah-Silver-Oxide-Button-Cells-3-Pack/26063844/

They work and they are the exact same size as the ones that come with the figure, but in the list of replacements it says SR621 and the stock batteries that come with the fig are LR621. Is there a difference that could somehow damage the mechanism or are SR621's & LR621's the exact same battery?

Does anyone know if these are the standard type of battery used in every figure? (Whiplash, Monger, all MK's, etc.)

So I scored one of these bad boys and time to dig in today. This piece is frigin' awesome! I love the bulk of the design and it's way sturdier (tighter joints) than most of my IM MK's. I'm kicking myself because I didn't pull the trigger on this 2 years ago when I had multiple opportunities to get this for 1/2 the price. Oh well, better to get now because the longer I wait it'll only get worse.

I have a few questions for those with experience because I'm treading lightly with this piece and I don't want to break anything. I got this guy sealed so a few points of articulation were stuck from sitting for a couple of years and needed a little extra pressure to "unpetrify" them.

Thankfully the Arc and both hand lights are working but I have to change the batteries in the neck. Are you supposed to fully remove the neck to do this? Mine doesn't seem to want to come off and I read recently that someone broke theirs while trying.

I guess they changed things from the proto pics, right? They show a rocket pack for each shoulder but there seems to be only one for the right side and the Ex-wife on the left shoulder.

When I fully extend the rocket launcher it butts right up against the head with no space in between. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Any and all help is appreciated :)

First, congrats on getting this great fig. If I remember correctly (been a while since I have had mine displayed), the right shoulder rocket launcher was pretty snug to the head, so I never really displayed mine with it out. The neck post was an absolute pain to change the batteries. I had to remove the neck post to change them and I literally broke into a sweat trying to get the neck post away from the body. Nothing broke since I was extremely patient with it, but I was able to get it seperated from the body. Once I was able to do that, I removed the batteries knowing that I was never going to put new ones in again since it was such a pain AND I didn't want to chance breaking anything since I was lucky the first time. That was my experience. Hopefully yours and or others was or will be easier than mine :)

I recently tried removing the neck without success. I just tilted the neck forward enough to reach the battery compartment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, congrats on getting this great fig. If I remember correctly (been a while since I have had mine displayed), the right shoulder rocket launcher was pretty snug to the head, so I never really displayed mine with it out. The neck post was an absolute pain to change the batteries. I had to remove the neck post to change them and I literally broke into a sweat trying to get the neck post away from the body. Nothing broke since I was extremely patient with it, but I was able to get it seperated from the body. Once I was able to do that, I removed the batteries knowing that I was never going to put new ones in again since it was such a pain AND I didn't want to chance breaking anything since I was lucky the first time. That was my experience. Hopefully yours and or others was or will be easier than mine :)

Thanks brother, I'm really amped on this figure! Thanks for the info too.

I just wanted to verify that the neck was supposed to be removed; I wasn't sure because of the way the instructions read. I didn't know if using the blow dryer on the neck would be a good idea because of the battery compartment, but I hit it for about 30 seconds and it worked like a charm. Popped right off easy as pie.

All batteries are changed and everything is top-top. So pumped I grabbed this :rock

Thanks brother, I'm really amped on this figure! Thanks for the info too.

I just wanted to verify that the neck was supposed to be removed; I wasn't sure because of the way the instructions read. I didn't know if using the blow dryer on the neck would be a good idea because of the battery compartment, but I hit it for about 30 seconds and it worked like a charm. Popped right off easy as pie.

All batteries are changed and everything is top-top. So pumped I grabbed this :rock

You are very welcome and thank YOU for the hair dryer tip :) Maybe there is hope I can put batteries back in the neck :)

Back