Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my wife got Warmachine for me for my bday. Except my bday is in April so she's purposely tormenting me by not allowing me to open it until then. Haha, actually she was afraid I was gonna buy this myself since I kept on talking about it so she just gave it to me first.

my wife got Warmachine for me for my bday. Except my bday is in April so she's purposely tormenting me by not allowing me to open it until then. Haha, actually she was afraid I was gonna buy this myself since I kept on talking about it so she just gave it to me first.

awesome
i hope my wife does this for my next birthday
just hope it is not a war machine, i have two of those already lol

Note/Excuse: Defects will not be covered after 30 days of purchase by HT's CS.

Just got my War Machine from GoHastings and it was in excellent shape...I am very happy!

Hello everyone. :wave

The set includes all 7 decals. That will replace the Hot Toys decals as well. The small ED 445 FLTS and the bigger 001 decals can be place over the HT's decals without having to remove them. The only one that will have to be removed first, is the bigger ED AF445.

Also note, that these are not waterslide decals. These decals are very thin with an adhesive backing. Basically, you just stick them on and you will be able to remove them later on if you decide too. The decals are transparent, so you will only see the white of the decal when it is placed on the War Machine figure. These were done at a professional business here in my home town.

Again these decals are very thin and you will not hardly notice any difference when compared to the model car decals. When you rub your figure over them you will feel a very small thickness in the decal.

They are easy to apply.

Congrats, Jim.
Guess you´re in buisness afterall, huh?!
:hi5:
I even enhanced the look of the big wing decal, where the big ED designation was.
I used grinding paper with an 800 grain.
That´s what I recommend to all, if you wanna hear it:
Don´t do it the way Anthrapoid told you, you´ll have double work.
If you do it with brush cleaner and a q-tip the surface ends up shiny and you have to redo the dull look of WM.
Just use grinding paper like I said and you can easily remove the decals, while keeping the surface and if you want to "re-grey" the part just use normal graphit from sharpening a pencil on the surface and it works the same on Jim's stickers/decals to make color equal to HT's decals.
Trust me, I did it, all worked perfect.
Pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. :wave

The set includes all 7 decals. That will replace the Hot Toys decals as well. The small ED 445 FLTS and the bigger 001 decals can be place over the HT's decals without having to remove them. The only one that will have to be removed first, is the bigger ED AF445.

Also note, that these are not waterslide decals. These decals are very thin with an adhesive backing. Basically, you just stick them on and you will be able to remove them later on if you decide too. The decals are transparent, so you will only see the white of the decal when it is placed on the War Machine figure. These were done at a professional business here in my home town.

Again these decals are very thin and you will not hardly notice any difference when compared to the model car decals. When you rub your figure over them you will feel a very small thickness in the decal.

They are easy to apply.

ohhh i see, i'm interested, i shall pm you

Congrats, Jim.
Guess you´re in buisness afterall, huh?!
I even enhanced the look of the big wing decal, where the big ED designation was.
I used grinding paper with an 800 grain.
That´s what I recommend to all, if you wanna hear it:
Don´t do it the way Anthrapoid told you, you´ll have double work.
If you do it with brush cleaner and a q-tip the surface ends up shiny and you have to redo the dull look of WM.
Just use grinding paper like I said and you can easily remove the decals, while keeping the surface and if you want to "re-grey" the part just use normal graphit from sharpening a pencil on the surface and it works the same on Jim's stickers/decals to make color equal to HT's decals.
Trust me, I did it, all worked perfect.
Pics tomorrow.

Thanks to your great pics buddy! :hi5:

And those are some great tips. :clap :clap :clap

to be fair I assume (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong ;)
Water slide decals:
- thinner, more fragile
- can be applied more easily around nonflat surfaces
- more skills needed to apply
- cannot be removed nor reapplied ones dried
Sticker decals:
- slightly thicker, possibly more durable
- easier to apply
- better chance of being able to remove and possibly reapply

I guess the decision on which way to go depends on the accuracy of the decals themselves and the your skill level

to be fair I assume (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong ;)
Water slide decals:
- thinner, more fragile
- can be applied more easily around nonflat surfaces
- more skills needed to apply
- cannot be removed nor reapplied ones dried
Sticker decals:
- slightly thicker, possibly more durable
- easier to apply
- better chance of being able to remove and possibly reapply

I guess the decision on which way to go depends on the accuracy of the decals themselves and the your skill level

Excellent comparison, Jeff.
But since I wrked with both now I can recommend Jim´s.
They´re slightly thicker, but if you only look at it and rub your finger on it, it´s absolutely not recognizable.
Thx to Jim I´m totally re-hyped for my WM.

since all the surfaces used are flat the main advantage of waterslide decals less relavent. I honestly think Anthrapoids decals and tutorial are a great effort but yes I am still not sure if I can trust myself :lol

Bacground!

]
81149151.jpg

49062383.jpg

Hey does any body has the image at the background at HIgh resolution??? Or something similar? I want to add a background to my War Machine and IronMan Mark VI (when it arrives)...
War Machine is already in that position but IM will be different…
HELP PLEASE! I NEED A GOOD BACGROUND!
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Some zen garden with google image search... (or source from Japanese pics/albums/galleries...)

You can blur it, (or combine portions of the 3 pictures).... so that WM and Mk.6 are in focus...
garden-3D-art-ipad-background.jpg

Zen_Garden_2_by_pueang.jpg

Zen_Garden_by_Deinha1974.jpg

ohhh thank you! I dont know how to use photoshop very well... but I'll ask a friend to help me out... I want it to be like if it were night...
"Zen Garden" that's the name xD
thanks!
=D

since all the surfaces used are flat the main advantage of waterslide decals less relavent. I honestly think Anthrapoids decals and tutorial are a great effort but yes I am still not sure if I can trust myself :lol

I have the labels from Antrapoid that I got a while back. I just don't trust myself putting them on an jacking up the fig.

I wasn´t sure either, but trust me.
I did this the first time on an HT fig too and if you give th grinding paper fine thrusts over the surface a few times and look how much off the decals was removed, you can feel how much harder you can go.
After you got it all away you just look for incurrencies, thrust a few times over them and all is good.
It works perfect, really.

Back